PDA

View Full Version : Here's more P$3 nonsense from Fox

capncnut
21-Oct-2006, 03:15 AM
Sony Corp. (SNE) may fall behind rivals in the initial phase of the next-generation game console race, but is likely to grab the top spot eventually, Japan's top video game magazine publisher, Enterbrain, said on Friday.
Sony and Nintendo Co. Ltd. will in November start rolling out their latest game gear, the PlayStation 3 and Wii, setting a stage for a three-way showdown with Microsoft Corp.'s (MSFT) already available Xbox 360.
"The PS3 will have a tough time globally at the initial stage. Its launch titles in Japan and exclusive software titles overseas are quite limited," Enterbrain President Hirokazu Hamamura told a seminar.
"But its overwhelmingly realistic graphics will give it a long life span. It will stay competitive even when a game console battle breaks out among a newer generation of machines in 2010. Sales should grow every time Sony cuts prices," he said.

2010! Sony think the next-gen war will be over in less than 4 years! 360 could EASILY take it beyond that, WTF!!!

p2501
21-Oct-2006, 02:04 PM
sales will grow every time they cut prices? really? well pump me in the ass and call me a prag. i nevah woulda guessed dat!

can i have this retards' job now?

MinionZombie
21-Oct-2006, 03:32 PM
lol, I think everyone at Sony must all be on crack that they bought with the profits from the P$2...2010? You've gotta be f*ckin' kiddin' ... console generations are at least 5 years, but can be up to around 7 with the cross-over included.

Case in point, P$1 came out in around 1994/5 and pissed off in around 1999/2000 at which point the P$2 came in and here we are 2006/2007 and the P$3 is coming.

A console generation has the span of a manufactured pop group, which are pre-programmed to implode after 5 years, bar the odd case when things last an ickle bit longer.

Being a Sony PR type person must be the easiest job in the world - rock up in the morning, snort a mountain of snow and talk bollocks all day before buggering off home. Sorted ... or should I say snorted?

_liam_
21-Oct-2006, 11:15 PM
it will end up owning the market though, eventually. you know it.IT IS INEVITABLE.

have sony cornered the handheld market yet, or is the ds putting up a decent fight?...

Cody
21-Oct-2006, 11:22 PM
im the one shiping the crack to them!!! VIVA LA 360

Danny
22-Oct-2006, 12:23 AM
it will end up owning the market though, eventually. you know it.IT IS INEVITABLE.

have sony cornered the handheld market yet, or is the ds putting up a decent fight?...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 12:47 AM

Don't know about that one. All I see in GameStation are hundreds of shiny new boxed RSI-inducing second hand PSP's ready to be shipped off to heaven. Not seen many DS's mind...

Danny
22-Oct-2006, 12:49 AM
thats cus there all in owners homes, while UMD disc's get ready to join betamax in the trash heap.

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 12:56 AM
At my local Blockbusters they are having a 'bonfire sale' on secondhand PSP games and movies. Four, five quid a pop - top whack! I guess that may answer the question on the handheld war...

Edit: Jus' checked in Blockbusters- £3.99 for the Resident Evil movie!

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 02:57 AM
It didnt even cross my mind to get a PSP

Danny
22-Oct-2006, 03:00 AM
i almost spent my 360 money on one but then i figured only a film camera is worth that much to take around with you anything else that expesnive should be in you home and you should go mental if anyone goes near it.

just like my xbox 360:lol:

p2501
22-Oct-2006, 04:00 AM

as a PSP owner they've all but abondoned the system. new games have slowed toa trickle and what is coming out is ass.

the UMD format has effectively been canned.

Personally i'm thinking abut getting a DS is the Wii pans out.

as for the P$3. i'm skeptical about it's dominance. the 360 has consistantly performed and i don't see Sony taking any ground away form it. the real threat is if the Wii can perfrom and provide a high nostalgia, it'll erode Sony's fanboy base.

Sony can jerk off in a circle about how great MGS4 is going to be, but even if it comes with a free BJ it will not stop the joy that is old school zelda.

EDIT

One closing note and to expand on soemthing i was talking about earlier.

whatever sony may put out in a press release, they have effectivle abondoned the PSP GEn1. i keep hearing that a new UDM driveless version 2 is coming out for 2007. but it'll bomb. you cna tell because the lack of third party addons and accessories that have come out in the last few months.

i've had my PSP for less than six months and to be honest the only thing i use to for is it now days, is to watch movies while i'm at work. other than that it's over priced and useless.

Danny
22-Oct-2006, 04:14 AM
Sony can jerk off in a circle about how great MGS4 is going to be, but even if it comes with a free BJ it will not stop the joy that is old school zelda.

:lol: god damn thats funny AND true:lol:

Cody
22-Oct-2006, 04:25 AM
Lmao Thats So Perfect

capncnut
22-Oct-2006, 05:58 AM

Poetry my friend, sheer poetry... :lol: