PDA

View Full Version : Free NOTLD dvd in UK tabloid this Saturday

capncnut
23-Oct-2006, 07:43 AM
Top-selling UK newspaper (and general all-round toilet roll), The Sun are giving away a free copy of NOTLD with Saturday's edition (28th Oct). Cut out the token and take it to your nearest Woolworths or Alldays to recieve this cult gem (with new sleeve) for absolutely f**k all!

Ryan
23-Oct-2006, 08:46 AM
They are doing Dawn of the Dead also soon.

EDIT - Dawn of the Dead is being given away with the Sun's sister paper the news of the world the day after (Sunday)

MinionZombie
23-Oct-2006, 10:55 AM
hehe, pretty cool.

I got my NOTLD (sadly it had that new, crap music on it though) for £1.50 from Benson's World ... then they turned into utter 'tards and play.com saved me (and sucked up my money :D).

Hopefully the version being peddled isn't the new, sh*t cut which has 4 minutes missing from it (like with this year's 2 disc edition in the UK and last year's tin cased edition, which I made the mistake of buying - but was able to return, yay!)

Cody
23-Oct-2006, 02:31 PM
Wtf Is Up With The Uk And All This Cool Sh!t Lately

Dawg
23-Oct-2006, 07:23 PM
Wtf Is Up With The Uk And All This Cool Sh!t Lately

It seems every time you turn around, the UK get a bunch of free $hit we don't get over here in the US.

Case in point, some of the UK game mags offer free controllers or even games for f**king subscribing to the mag for a year! WTF?!! Bring that $hit over here already!

Maybe because the US mags are a bunch of cheap @$$holes?

:dead: Dawg

Danny
24-Oct-2006, 01:40 AM
its cus everything in englands more expensive so whats costly for you aint so much for us so we get it for free sometimes, and since i bought the trilogy of the dead box set im getting this purely for one reason....

I FUNKING HHHHAAAAATTTEEEE THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION!!!!!:mad:

capncnut
24-Oct-2006, 07:24 PM
Me and you both Hellz. And what's up with that damn priest, what a complete and utter c**t!

Hopefully the version being peddled isn't the new, sh*t cut which has 4 minutes missing from it...

MZ, I have it on good authority that it is the full 96 minute version!

MinionZombie
24-Oct-2006, 09:22 PM
At least that's something!

I thought "wtf" when I watched the cut-up version, I hadn't seen it in some time, but I could have sworn (as was justified) there was a lot more zombies in the movie. Also, when the girl stabs the mother - you get about 3 stabs and no blood on the wall! :eek: The uncut has about 16 stabs and blood on the wall.

Why cut a movie that's been allowed uncut in the UK for years and years and years, even decades? It's just weird.

One of these days I must buy the Millennium Edition though, my DVD has the crappy new score on it, which sucks.

capncnut
24-Oct-2006, 10:24 PM
Why cut a movie that's been allowed uncut in the UK for years and years and years, even decades? It's just weird.

I just guessed the 91 minute version was one of the very first edits GAR did or something. After all the sleeve does say 'for the first time ever, own the 'original' NOTLD as GAR originally intended it to be seen'. I may be wrong though.

Neil
24-Oct-2006, 10:36 PM
So on Sat - Buy the Sun and get NOLTD? Is this the proper version?
...and on Sun - Buy the News of the World and get Dawn? Any idea which version/cut?

capncnut
24-Oct-2006, 10:47 PM
It appears that Night will be the original uncut version. As for the Dawn disc, the theatrical cut is rather inexpensive these days (£5.99 HMV) so I assume that's the one they'll go with. Again, I might be wrong though. :D

Neil
25-Oct-2006, 08:12 AM
It appears that Night will be the original uncut version. As for the Dawn disc, the theatrical cut is rather inexpensive these days (£5.99 HMV) so I assume that's the one they'll go with. Again, I might be wrong though. :D

Guess it's worth the embarrassment of buying those papers then... :o

jimis
25-Oct-2006, 09:15 AM
looks like it's going to be the colourized version. not sure which one and if it is cut though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006480003-2006480142_7,00.html

Neil
25-Oct-2006, 09:39 AM
looks like it's going to be the colourized version. not sure which one and if it is cut though.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006480003-2006480142_7,00.html

Excellent, I could do with a copy of that :)

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 10:06 AM
Er ... why is it in colour?

*sigh*

Don't tell me they're releasing the colorised version ... oh dear. Prepare to turn the colour on your TVs to "off", ha!

Andy
25-Oct-2006, 10:28 AM
its cus everything in englands more expensive so whats costly for you aint so much for us so we get it for free sometimes, and since i bought the trilogy of the dead box set im getting this purely for one reason....

I FUNKING HHHHAAAAATTTEEEE THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION!!!!!:mad:

the entire trilogy boxset is a waste of space, there's virtually no special features on any of the disks, the "uncut" dawn is actually the old uk directors cut which has 6 seconds cut out of it (including the entire apartment building headshot). the only reason i own the trilogy boxset is for the fourth disk which includes, "the document of the dead", which ive always wanted to see but is quite a rarity over here.

Er ... why is it in colour?

*sigh*

Don't tell me they're releasing the colorised version ... oh dear. Prepare to turn the colour on your TVs to "off", ha!

there's been a colourized (back off with your american spelling MZ :p) version for years... i used to have it on video..

Philly_SWAT
25-Oct-2006, 10:32 AM
If this is something that is heretofore unreleased, I would like to get a copy for my collection. But as I dont live in jolly ole England, I wont be getting a copy of the SUN anytime soon, any thoughts on how I could get a copy? And a dont mean a "copy", I mean the actual product that will be in the paper, with the new sleeve, etc.

Andy
25-Oct-2006, 10:36 AM
eBay always has the answer! (http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-of-the-Living-Dead-DVD-Colorized-Mike-Nelson_W0QQitemZ140045245701QQihZ004QQcategoryZ617 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) :)

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 11:22 AM
Eh? Oh right, I missed the "u" - but I did use an "s" instead of a "z", so we both got it half right, ha!

I've got Document of the Dead on VHS, found it in a bargain bin in an overpriced record shop (got the video though, for a fiver :)). Except for (for now) my Night DVD which is R2 with crappy new soundtrack, I have Dawn, Day and Land all on R1.

Dawn is the Ultimate Edition DVD (which also includes Document of the Dead) - a must for any Dawn fan.

Day is the Divimax Edition (again, a must for any Day fan).

Land is the R1 unrated edition, which actually is uncut, unlike - it appears - the region 2 version :rockbrow:.

One of these days I'm gonna buy the R1 Millennium Edition of Night, and I'll have them all on R1 - which reminds me, the next gen DVDs can fudge off blocking no-region players, how is there anything wrong with buying a DVD from another region, particularly America.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 11:25 AM
It seems every time you turn around, the UK get a bunch of free $hit we don't get over here in the US.

Case in point, some of the UK game mags offer free controllers or even games for f**king subscribing to the mag for a year! WTF?!! Bring that $hit over here already!

Maybe because the US mags are a bunch of cheap @$$holes?

:dead: Dawg

Remember they pay 17 pounds and up for a DVD which is like $32.00+ for the same DVD with pay $17.99 for here in the states. The cost of living in the UK is friggin insane. How anyone can make a decent living is beyond me.

Don't buy it off eBay for $12.00 shipped. Goto Best Buy for $7.99 you will get it faster and probably find some other steals there.

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 11:34 AM
You're very much right Dj, cost of living here sucks balls, especially items like DVDs and whatnot are overpriced - the 17.5% tax on friggin' everything doesn't help either (heck, 40 pence per litre on fuel is tax here! :eek:).

If you go to HMV and buy a brand new DVD it'll set you back more than likely £20. If you get it online from play.com you'll get it for around £15 - hence why internet shopping rocks cock.

I've bought many a DVD from America, got Redneck Zombies on Troma DVD for about £2.50, and it was uncut - it was shown here with about 20 minutes shredded out!

These little freebies now and then are supposed to "make up" for our cost of living I think (bollocks do they, lol). It's also a sort of new "thing" papers are doing of late, giving away DVDs to sell more papers (not like Black Hawk Down or anything universally popular, it's always an old movie from back in the day).

DjfunkmasterG
25-Oct-2006, 11:42 AM
Why would you buy REDNECK zombies? :lol:

Thats like buying Children of the Living Dead... not needed! I swear some of the stuff TROMA releases is enough to make you wanna puke. However, fo some very strange reason I really wanna see "Poultrygeist - Night of the Chicken Dead."

MinionZombie
25-Oct-2006, 12:34 PM
lol, I also bought COTLD - a fiver from one of those 'smells of smoke', downtown video/game shops, figured might as well for a fiver - me and my housemates had such a fun time laughed at it/outright taking the piss - it's since just sat on my shelf, haha.

Redneck Zombies - well, cos it was so hideously cut here in the UK I wanted to see it uncut, and for a couple of quid I figured why not. I'd planned to show it to my housemates when we were on funky muffins or something, but never got around to it - we just ended up watching Napoleon Dynamite a hell of a lot.

Indeed, I wanna see Poultrygeist in all.

_liam_
26-Oct-2006, 11:45 PM
redneck zombies is great. real trash. there are some randomly disturbing bits in it though...

capncnut
27-Oct-2006, 04:45 PM
Don't tell me they're releasing the colorised version... oh dear.

I wouldn't give up so soon MZ, the colourised version has some redeemable factors (except for a lousy colourisation by Hal Roach studios): a.) It is the fully uncut 96 minute version. b.) It uses the original mono soundtrack c.) It may well have a black and white option on the dvd - I recently bought one similar to this. d). If there's no black and white option you can always turn the colour down on your tv! :lol:

MikePizzoff
27-Oct-2006, 05:04 PM
You guys still have Woolworths?!?! They went out of business over here when I was about 9 years old.

capncnut
27-Oct-2006, 05:24 PM
You guys still have Woolworths?!?! They went out of business over here when I was about 9 years old.

Mr Pizz, we got Woolworths EVERYWHERE in the UK. It's funny you should mention it actually because I just had an argument in one today when some dumb ass chick at the counter tried to charge me £20 for a £13 dvd! :D

Parazombie
28-Oct-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm moving to the UK!
:elol:

Danny
28-Oct-2006, 04:29 AM
dj's right folks a pound is usually day to day worth 2 dollars so everything here is twice as expesnive, the my name is early box set goes for £75 quid over here!?!:eek:

so because everythings so expensive it does mean we can get cooler **** for free cus its closer to worthelss over here.

capncnut
28-Oct-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm moving to the UK!
:elol:

I got a spare room if you want it girl. :D

MinionZombie
28-Oct-2006, 10:32 AM
dj's right folks a pound is usually day to day worth 2 dollars so everything here is twice as expesnive, the my name is early box set goes for £75 quid over here!?!:eek:

so because everythings so expensive it does mean we can get cooler **** for free cus its closer to worthelss over here.
*ahem* Play.com - £24... :lol:

Still though, yep, it's darn expensive here ... f*ckin' Darth Brown...

Neil
29-Oct-2006, 10:08 AM
So I've bought two crock of $hit news papers for nothing!

Bought the Sun yesterday, and the News of the World today. Just looked at the vouchers and basically:-
a) You have to use the voucher on the day of purchase. So I've missed out on yesterday's already.
b) You can only use it in Costcutters, McCalls and Martin's... and of course there's none of those anywhere near here!

What A SCAM!

MinionZombie
29-Oct-2006, 10:24 AM
Geeeeeeezus, even when us Brits get something for free it's still a swizz, I guess they're learning from the gubment's idea of taxation - use a backdoor get-out clause/opportunity to shaft - and take it. :(

Better off sticking with the Region 1 releases anyway...

Neil
29-Oct-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey! I got em! Popped around to a friends this afternoon and he new where there was a McColls near to him... Popped in there, asked if I could have yesterday's DVD as well, and got em both :)

Deadman_Deluxe
29-Oct-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey! I got em! Popped around to a friends this afternoon and he new where there was a McColls near to him... Popped in there, asked if I could have yesterday's DVD as well, and got em both :)

Pure Jammyness!!!!!!!

Like i said before ... i never heard of ANY of those there stores, and most deffinately none of them in these here parts.

MinionZombie
29-Oct-2006, 05:55 PM
Ooh you jammy git ... I've only ever heard of Cost Cutters ... I think we've got one in my town ... I think. Never heard of the other two though, anyway, like I said before, jammy git. :lol:

Neil
29-Oct-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, I was only really after the colourized Night...

MinionZombie
29-Oct-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, I was only really after the colourized Night...
Why? :lol:

It's like "colorization theatre" on that Simpson's episode .... oooh dear.

Still, another slice of "jammy" is in order. :)

capncnut
29-Oct-2006, 09:26 PM
You can actually cut out the coupon and send it directly to the 'currant bun' to recieve your dvd. Gotta pay a few quid for mailing though.

Danny
29-Oct-2006, 11:45 PM
just cus my chav brother knew i wanted it he set his alarm to get up before me and flush the coupon down the ****ter.:mad:

Deadman_Deluxe
30-Oct-2006, 01:30 AM
You can actually cut out the coupon and send it directly to the 'currant bun' to recieve your dvd. Gotta pay a few quid for mailing though.

Who in their right mind would send 3.50GBP to the sun for ANYTHING? Especially for a free DVD, even more stupid considering you can get NOTLD on DVD for 1.99GBP in almost ANY store anyways. Go bezerker!

MinionZombie
30-Oct-2006, 10:04 AM
I think your brother needs something burburry flushed down the pooper.

Neil
30-Oct-2006, 01:35 PM

Oh no you cant... You need vouchers from last weeks to do that...

capncnut
30-Oct-2006, 06:02 PM
It's just as well I collected those then. :D

Cody
30-Oct-2006, 07:31 PM
this was such a good little idea

scotty Boy
01-Nov-2006, 09:15 AM
I was quite impressed with this little free-bee. I made my mate go down my local McColls and get NOTLD it has both Colour and black and white version to choose from, background info on the film GAR Profile and his filography.

Ok i know these are all features on differnt disks but to be compiled onto a FREE dvd isnt too bad.