29-Oct-2006, 09:14 PM
whose getting a wii?

capncnut
29-Oct-2006, 09:40 PM
Mii. :D

Andy
29-Oct-2006, 09:44 PM
i'll be sticking with my PC.

but i do prefer the Wii over the other two.

Terran
29-Oct-2006, 10:09 PM
The Wii....i can hardly think of anything else....

Danny
29-Oct-2006, 11:31 PM
mii too.:D

MikePizzoff
30-Oct-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm not too sure. Since I'm waiting until 07's shipments of the new XBOX 360's, I may go ahead and buy the Wii for myself as an early x-mas present.

But at the same time there really weren't many games that impressed me on the Gamecube. The Resident Evil series was pretty much the only thing. The controller was also a turn off.... I feel the same way about the Wii's controller. So I might just get a DS instead :D (or find a Gamecube + Resident Evil lot on eBay).

CoinReturn
30-Oct-2006, 04:13 PM
I'll be picking one up this year. Zelda: Twilight Princess is too much to ignore, especially since the Gamecube version got pushed back a month. Not to mention Nintendo is going back to the old days of packing a game in with their system, which is nice.

slickwilly13
30-Oct-2006, 04:51 PM
Don't get Resident Evil for DS. There is not much to it. A former friend of mine owns and regrets it.

MikePizzoff
30-Oct-2006, 05:19 PM
Don't get Resident Evil for DS. There is not much to it. A former friend of mine owns and regrets it.

I made that sound kind of confusing, sorry. I didn't mean I'd get Res Evil for DS. I meant I'd either get a DS or get Gamecube with the RE games.

PS - You're in my sig.

slickwilly13
30-Oct-2006, 06:49 PM
No problem. Just giving a heads up on the DS version. Stick with the GC remake and Resident Evil 4, which is the best in my opinion. If you haven't played 4 then play it. Thanks for the sig, btw.

Cody
30-Oct-2006, 08:33 PM
Mii2.

Bunker65
31-Oct-2006, 04:42 AM
I'll be picking up a Wii as a secondary console to my 360 :D. I had a GameCube as a secondary to my original Xbox so I'm sticking with the combo :).

Danny
31-Oct-2006, 07:20 AM
I'll be picking up a Wii as a secondary console to my 360 :D. I had a GameCube as a secondary to my original Xbox so I'm sticking with the combo :).

we seem to think the same way when it comes to games, and speaking of the wii i just got a christmas catalogue from game in the mail, so heres whats coming for christmas with the wii

nintendo wii with wii sports £179.99

the legend of zelda twilight princess $49.99
tony hawks downhill jam £49.99
rayman raving rabbits £49.99
marvel ultimate alliance £49.99
monkey ball banana buzz £49.99
red steel £49.99
need for speed carbon £49.99
call of duty 3 £49.99 (damn they forced another one of these out quick huh?)

also a wii remote controller, with nunchuk controller sold seperately, and the wii "classic controller" which is basically the super nintendo controller fused with the style of a ds lite, which looks very cool by the way and much distant and retro to the 360 controller and the not very different at all p$3 controller.

personally its a mostly weak launch collection, but this allways happens with nintendo and theres 3 games i want there, zelda,red steel and wii sports, waht about you guys?

capncnut
31-Oct-2006, 03:33 PM

I've kinda been sticking with the same combo too Bunk.

Cody
31-Oct-2006, 05:04 PM
i vae a ps2 as my back up ;P

DeadJonas190
01-Nov-2006, 02:54 AM
I'll be picking one up this year. Zelda: Twilight Princess is too much to ignore, especially since the Gamecube version got pushed back a month.

A month? It got pushed back an entire year man. It was originally due out November 05, but was pushed back to June 06 and then November 06. Their original reason for the push back was that they had to fix problems in the game that took away from the gameplay and then when it was pushed back again it was to coincide with the Wii launch.

As for getting the Wii, I think my sig says enough about me and that subject.. not to mention I am the first on the list at my work :)

scotty Boy
01-Nov-2006, 08:33 PM
The Wii will be me top priority... after xmas tho. i cant believe how cheap it will be. Mario party is the most addictive game ever haha and im not joking, also resident evil is a must for me too anything else will be because i have spare money and will buy a random game.

Cody
01-Nov-2006, 08:41 PM
resident evil.....oh yeah

Danny
01-Nov-2006, 09:03 PM
nah i think id get resi 5 for the 360, just for more hi res zombies, plus i doubt itd be any less action than resi (:barf: ) 4.

Cody
02-Nov-2006, 02:38 AM
thats right. I totally forgot it was coming out for 360 too, I cant wait till castlevania comes out for the arcade

Rottedfreak
02-Nov-2006, 11:49 AM
Coming up on December 8th
1 Nintendo Wii console £180
1 Extra controller £45
1 Red Steel £33
1 Zelda Twilight Princess £33
Total Cost: £291
That $550.

_liam_
05-Nov-2006, 08:38 PM
is the wii (sorry to be juvenile but what is up with that name) still going to have that function where you can download old nintendo games?

that would really give it the jump on the other two.

have to say i cant be bothered with yet another zelda. after 15 years i want something new to play.

Danny
06-Nov-2006, 03:06 AM
yep but there aint to many games you cant get you about a quid at your local gamestation and i really dont think nintendo is suited for the online aspect of gaming, i think microsofts allready won that one, i view the wii as more of a party console, like the decendants of lightgun arcade games and dance mats and all those other things that are fun but also make you look like a prat whilst playing them:D

Terran
06-Nov-2006, 05:25 AM
i think microsofts allready won that one,

Except Nin Wii online is free

capncnut
06-Nov-2006, 05:48 AM
i really dont think nintendo is suited for the online aspect of gaming, i think microsofts allready won that one...

Microsoft OWN online gaming, full stop. As much as I respect them for trying, I still think Nintendo and $ony will fall flat on their asses in this department.

Danny
06-Nov-2006, 07:42 AM
yeah much as i love nintendo, and have done since i was a wee kiddie with a nes i dont think they can cut it and though it is free (for now:rolleyes:) just cus a game has free online play doesnt necessarily mean its gonna do well, some you pay for may be more fun and more well sold, like guild wars and world of warcraft for example.

that said ive been bloody addicted to warcraft 3 online and thats free:D

capncnut
08-Nov-2006, 09:42 PM
Went to Virgin the other day and put my deposit down, they guaranteed me that I can pick mine up on launch day. YAY!

DeadJonas190
09-Nov-2006, 06:31 AM
So, I may not be getting a Wii on launch day now thanks to Blockbastard changing their plan. First, we only took a call list for people because we did not know how many systems we would be getting for the launch. So, initially we were told that the people would be called in the order they signed up to get their Wii's. IF that person didn't want it then it went to the next one. Pretty fair since we didn't take preorders.

Now, a little over a week before launch Blockbuster Corporate changes their mind on how they will distribute the consoles. Now, the fuggers are holding a raffle for the people on the list "to create a fun and exciting evironment for launch day." So, basically they lied to all of us and didn't take into account all the problems it will cause, like when fights would break out at Ticketmaster when they used to do raffles instead of using the age old business idea of "First come, first serve". The excuse is also that "We didn't take any money so we are not obligated to anybody on the list."

So, all of us who assumed we were going to get one because we were high up on the list may well end up screwed. I would have preordered mine at another store if I knew this bullcrap would happen.

slickwilly13
13-Nov-2006, 01:54 AM
I saw the Nintendo Revolution the other day. Compared to the PS3 and XBOX 360, the console is small. There was a playable display at the Gamestop in my town.

Rottedfreak
13-Nov-2006, 12:35 PM
It's the size of three stacked DVD cases from what I understand. The ability to play Gamecube games on it is a good idea.
My only worry is, in the UK practically every TV runs at 60Hz and some games still dont support that option, instead developers opt for a conversion that sees black borders and speed loss in the games. When launching the Cube the big N asked devleopers to include such a option and yet their very first game Luigi's Mansion didn't even have it.