PDA

View Full Version : Elm Street House for sale

Geophyrd
30-Oct-2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=1&frm=bymlsid&pgnum=1&mls=xmls&js=off&fid=so&vtsort=&ss_aywr=&locallnk=&poe=realtor&ct=&zp=&primaryZp=&nearbyZp=&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&typ=1&typ=2&typ=4&mnsqft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&lid=06-126179&sid=077A06CE99C4C&snumxlid=1067227604&lnksrc=00001

capncnut
30-Oct-2006, 11:00 PM
What can I say? I wish I had a spare million bucks!

Cody
30-Oct-2006, 11:16 PM
I would never buy that for 1M$

LS1GTO
30-Oct-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm actually suprised that didnt find its way on E-bay. . .

Cody
31-Oct-2006, 12:17 AM
hey Geo..how the hell did you find this out anyways? do you search for famous houses or streets for sale lol

Philly_SWAT
31-Oct-2006, 04:06 AM
hey Geo..how the hell did you find this out anyways? do you search for famous houses or streets for sale lolAnd a related question, how do you know for sure this is the house? I mean, it does look like it, but it doesnt mention that as a "selling point", so how do you know for sure?

And in any event, did you notice that with a price tag over $1 million, it is listed as a "fixer opportunity"?

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the house. There was a special thing on Sky (I think) at some point, with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost going around LA and whatnot and they went and visited the Nightmare on Elm Street house, and it looked just like that picture.

Geophyrd
31-Oct-2006, 12:21 PM
and breadth of my vast stores of completely useless knowledge. I'll go deeper, darker and more obscure than anyone...<smile>

Actually, it showed up on MSN's front page for a bit yesterday.

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 12:45 PM
It may be the house they used for the exterior shots, but the stairwell was different in the movie than it is in these pictures. The original stairs went right from the front door, right up the steps. Here, in these pics, the stairwell (if you were coming down it) turns to the right - not how it was in the film, and I can't see them changing the stairwell like that since the filming - i mean, it would serve no purpose to make the steps turn "right" just for the heck of it, even if it was remodeled - and if I remember correctly, in the movie, there would be no place for the steps to be remodeled to 'turn to the right' at the bottom - there was no room for that kinda thing in the movie if you look closely.

I think from the outside, yes, this is indeed the house. The interior shots of the movie were not filmed inside this house though. It had to be on a sound stage or another location. ;)

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 04:56 PM
You are indeed very correct, that's something I neglected to add. The house was only used for exteriors - nicely remembered there, chap. :cool:

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 07:31 PM
You are indeed very correct, that's something I neglected to add. The house was only used for exteriors - nicely remembered there, chap. :cool:

Was I correct MZ? I don't know what I stated as true fact, just some deductive reasoning judging by the interior pictures. ;)

Neil
31-Oct-2006, 07:40 PM

I can see why... The interior (especially for $1million+) is pretty dire!

Cody
31-Oct-2006, 08:46 PM
think a movie fan is gonna buy it?

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 09:42 PM
I can see why... The interior (especially for $1million+) is pretty dire!
:lol:

You're right there Neil, I thought I was stepping back in time to 1989 when I saw that, something that wouldn't go amiss from the set of Married With Children. :)