PDA

View Full Version : 100 US dead in iraq this month..

Tricky
31-Oct-2006, 09:22 AM
How are so many troops dying out there?there hasnt been any major offensives since fallujah has there?i back the war on islamic fundamentalism & we have to win it,but why are we losing so many men daily when we arent even in any major fights?

coma
31-Oct-2006, 03:03 PM
I think it's constant low level fighting. And car bombs, sniping, roadside bombs.
I just read that 2 soldiers were killed by the iraqi soldieres they were training. Wow.
Theres no front, so there nowhere to retreat to. They are in the middle of it every day, every minute.

The US won almost every battle in Viet Nam, yet had tons of casualities and couldn't advance the campaign at all. The strategy is called Attrtion. Kill as many enemies as possible to an eventual win, But that doesn't work. I dont know if its the same strategy in Iraq but it seems similar. Take a hill. Lose a hill.

Khardis
31-Oct-2006, 05:41 PM
How are so many troops dying out there?there hasnt been any major offensives since fallujah has there?i back the war on islamic fundamentalism & we have to win it,but why are we losing so many men daily when we arent even in any major fights?

Geurilla warfare. it sucks, but it must be done. Did you see the John Kerry speech clip? What a scumbag.

Cody
31-Oct-2006, 05:49 PM
thats that bullsh!t right there

Tricky
31-Oct-2006, 11:04 PM
The figure is creeping up to 3000 since hostilities began in 2003,thats a lot of people!nowhere near as many as we've killed mind.I still support the war & may end up out there myself at some point,but i just hope that all those young lads and men havent laid their lives down for a war that we're going to lose (politically i mean,i have no doubt in open combat the coalition would wipe the floor with those scumbags)
I guess all those fatalities would only be a drop in the ocean compared to losses in any major battle in world war 2 though-6800 on iwo jima alone!

Arcades057
01-Nov-2006, 01:53 AM
We're still fighting to lose/be seen as the nice guys. Because that's what history always wants to know... "F*** who won, teacher, tell me who fought the NICEST fight!"

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Ooo, sig material!

Cody
01-Nov-2006, 01:54 AM
a high school buddy of mine was shot over there

Tied2thetracks
01-Nov-2006, 07:27 PM
We're still fighting to lose/be seen as the nice guys. Because that's what history always wants to know... "F*** who won, teacher, tell me who fought the NICEST fight!"

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Ooo, sig material!

If you are sealing Savage's line I hope you at least bought the book by the same name.

dynamitejim
01-Nov-2006, 08:30 PM

I saw a website once that had all the deaths of soldiers in Iraq and what had happened to them. The large amount of people that died in what seemed like accidents (trucks crashing, etc.) really surprised me. Pretty horrible to go over there to serve for your country only to die because the roads are ****ty and you lose control of your vehicle.

Khardis
01-Nov-2006, 11:02 PM
Also it IS a warzone...

LS1GTO
01-Nov-2006, 11:20 PM
Vehicle IEDS, IEDS along the road side, car bombs. . .
Yeah theres not "major combat" as it was declared over back in 03, but everyday in that country is still a combat zone IMO... and this is coming from a Combat Veteran. I was there for 15 months back in 03-04.
It just sucks that it doesnt seem to be getting any better especially with all the insurgents coming in from neighboring countries

Cody
02-Nov-2006, 02:06 AM
on a random note anyone think there is going ot be a game like "medel of honor baghdad storys" or something like that..

Tricky
02-Nov-2006, 05:52 PM
Vehicle IEDS, IEDS along the road side, car bombs. . .
Yeah theres not "major combat" as it was declared over back in 03, but everyday in that country is still a combat zone IMO... and this is coming from a Combat Veteran. I was there for 15 months back in 03-04.
It just sucks that it doesnt seem to be getting any better especially with all the insurgents coming in from neighboring countries

Having been there do you think its really worth what we're trying to do out there dude?hope you got back unscathed!

dmbfanintn
02-Nov-2006, 06:17 PM
LS1GTO,

First let me say, from one vet to another, thank you for your service to our country. I don't think that is said with sincerity enough these days! Not being selfish, but I wouldn't mind hearing every now and again.

Are you OK? I hope so!

I was there in 91 (damn it was hot!) so I can simpathize a bit, but am perfectly aware that we didn't go through near what you guys have!

My unit always called our Iraq tour Desert Suntan (instead of desert storm).

I will throw out this question again as I have amny time in the past. Just who exactly is killing our soldiers in Iraq, terrorist??

If we are fighting the war on terror in Iraq, why are we not fighting actual terrorists?

Our soldiers are being killed by Iraqi citizens who do not want us there!

I have a sneeking supision that if a foriegn counrty invaded the US, we would be doing the exact same thing! Would you just sit there on your azz and let another country tell you what to do? Impose thier curfews on you. Let them kick in your front door and ransack your home while holding you and your family at gunpoint. All the while taking all your guns?

Of course you would! Just like the Iraqis are doing today, just rolling over and letting the american invaders do whatever and succumbing to thier every beckon call!

How would feel if the neighbors you have lived next to for 10 years were suddenly blown to smitherines because they happened to live next to an "insurgent safehouse" that had a 500 pound bomb dropped on it.

Another thing, just what exactly is "An Insurgent"? Would they be more accurately described as Freedom Fighters, Citzens protecting thier homes, what?

these are (mostly) Iraqi civilians who lived there long before we ever came to destroy Babylon, I can not help but see America as the bad guys in this conflict.

I support my brothers in arms as they have no say as to what they are ordered to do. This bullsh!t about "you can't support the troops if you don't support the war" is a major crock!

I know from personal experience that just because they are there don't mean even THEY agree with it.

I know that a very common phrase heard when I was in Iraq was "Fvck this sh!t, fvck these people, let's go home"

I can guarantee you those phrases are still being uttered daily by the typical American soldier.