PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

Kaos
31-Oct-2006, 11:54 AM
This is my family's favorite holiday. We spook up the house. My wife takes my daughter Trick or Treating while I scare the kids handing out the candy. After the Trick or Treating, I stay up and watch a horror movie marathon.

What are you doing tonight?

bassman
31-Oct-2006, 12:11 PM
Hopefully winning $500 at a costume contest.:D

And probably getting wasted in the process.

Bunker65
31-Oct-2006, 12:18 PM
Happy Halloween to all !!! I'll be passing out candy to the kids that come, if they come. They seem to have gone away from coming to the houses & apartments the last number of years :|. They go to the merchants on our shopping avenue. I guess their parents feel that's safer.

In the evening I'll be watching my own marathon :). Night, Dawn, Day & probably Land :).

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 02:09 PM
I think I will be settling down in front of the TV with a fair amount of HPotD and will be watching Carpenter's "The Thing" (thanks for the suggestion, mz) - since seeing Halloween last night in the theatre, it has put me in a Carpenter mood. :sneaky: Maybe i'll follow up The Thing with The Fog.

My wife is taking our son out around the neighborhood, so i guess i'll be interrupted a few hundred times by kids knocking on the door. i wonder if I should put on my coveralls and my Michael Meyers mask when I answer the door..? yeah, sounds like a good idea. :D

OH! and my DVD of Carpenters Masters of Horror (Cigarette Burns - only one I liked out of the whole first season) will be here today, so I'll make it a triple-feature. w00t! :lol:

deadpunk
31-Oct-2006, 02:20 PM
I have to work :mad: The first time in about 7 years. I'm disgusted.

After that, I suppose there will be a much needed HPOTD fix, then a randomly selected horror film until I fall asleep.

Sigh...working on Halloween...:dead: :barf: :|

HLS
31-Oct-2006, 02:24 PM
Well I was supposed to go to a big party with hay rides and all but the people planning it plans did not fall threw. so no party. ill be at home

capncnut
31-Oct-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm already doling out candy to kids as I write this. I was thinking about hiding in the bushes with a tazer but decided against it. As for celebration, I'll do my usual religious horror movie marathon while simultaneously talking to the good folks/freaks on HPotD chat. Oh and remember kiddies, don't forget to watch the big giveaway at 9! Happy Halloween! :elol:

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 05:10 PM
lol, you MUST go all Myers on the kiddywinks knockin' on the door, very cool. If only you had a camera to capture the moment...

Let's see, I was hoping to spend the night loading backed up data onto my new hard-drive, but the computer wasn't ready :(, so instead I might watch The Thing whilst avoiding answering the door to the kids I don't even know shoogling loose change in their pockets dropping an unspoken hint.

I think most of the kids that did come around have realised we don't do Halloween at our house, lol. Ah, if only I had friends nearby who were having a house party, now that'd rock...but alas, no.

Tricky
31-Oct-2006, 05:26 PM
They have to come up a dark lane to our house,i think that in itself scares the local "ghouls" away,we dont get any up here :lol:

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2006, 05:35 PM
lol, you MUST go all Myers on the kiddywinks knockin' on the door, very cool. If only you had a camera to capture the moment...

My sony digital camera (Cybershot) is a 1ccd video camera too and will shoot at 640x480 @ 30fps, which is impressive for a little digital camera. Maybe i'll rig it up on my tripod and take some pics and video of my house and me scaring the kids. I borrowed Dj's fog machine that was used on the set of Deadlands which is really built for a HUGE club, not just a room or two - and last year when I used it, I got all kinds of compliments on the house and was told the fog could be seen 4-5 blocks away from my house! :elol:

Cody
31-Oct-2006, 05:54 PM
watching horror movies on tv maybe get fk'd up a bit too :)

bassman
31-Oct-2006, 05:57 PM
Zoinks....My girl just called to tell me that my modem was delivered today. I now what I'm doing after the costume contest......Dead films, HPotD fix, and Brew.:D Sounds like a nice way to cap it all off....

I will finally have HPotD at home. Now I don't have to worry about being caught with it at work.:shifty:

MinionZombie
31-Oct-2006, 06:00 PM
Lou - very cool, I'd quite like to see how you "do" Halloween, fog machine eh? Nice.

Tricky - lol, I certainly wouldn't fancy coming up your dark lane on Halloween, ho-ho! :lol:

Just thought at dinner, had we bothered getting "candy" (sweets) for the kiddies, I coulda dressed up as Zombie Man and bloodied up my hands ... then thought - if only I had a fake, pulsating heart - I could scare the looming puberty right out of those little snot-machines. :lol:

However, only thought of that about 10 minutes ago, so I'll just sit down and ignore the door (if it's knocked) instead. :D

slickwilly13
01-Nov-2006, 01:59 AM
I have spent my Halloween sparring and getting slammed around so far. 3 hours of training has exhausted me. Here are some Halloween clips for you. Great Pumpkin, a parody of the GP, Ash vs Jason, and Beavis and Butthead Halloween w/o music videos. BTW, if anyone has or can find the music videos for the Halloween special of B&B please post them on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRQH5oZV20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UYW1DwElY

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1875478

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJXoi5ldJeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF14hgIY6kY&mode=related&search=

Cody
01-Nov-2006, 02:18 AM
youtube, love it.

Danny
01-Nov-2006, 04:38 AM
heh after all i planned to do i fell asleep playing dead rising at about 12 noon and just got up now at 5am, ****!:lol:

_liam_
01-Nov-2006, 04:53 AM
hehe gutted hellsing, i always feel robbed when that happens & get quite angry!

for the first halloween since 1998 i stayed in and kept sober - it was rubbish! next year i'm getting stung by a weaverfish and going to an EBM night or something.

the highlight was some trick or treaters down below, i hung out the window and warbled to them about them visiting my hovel in an old crone voice - they just looked sort of confused & terrified. job done.

they showed that '79 dracula with olivier as helsing on ch4, what the hell did they do to that film? i swear it was in colour last time i watched it!

Cody
01-Nov-2006, 04:55 AM
hellsing, good lord.

Danny
01-Nov-2006, 05:04 AM
one thing thats odd is the first time since ever, that it rained on halloween AND the nightmare before christmas wasnt on channel 3.

the world i knew is gone....:(

Eyebiter
02-Nov-2006, 03:05 PM
It was cold this year with temps in the low 30's. Only had 10 kids TOTAL trick or treat this year.

LouCipherr
02-Nov-2006, 03:26 PM
Man, we had about 100 kids at our place. Almost ran out of candy. ACK! :D

Rottedfreak
02-Nov-2006, 05:46 PM
Only one group of kids came our way and we live near a school. Britain is the absolute pits when it comes to celebrating anything, only ever make Christmas special.

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2006, 07:22 PM
We had absolutely f*ck all kids trick or treating. There must have been someone out as there was one small dusting of flour on the road, but I didn't even hear trick or treaters going to other people's houses. It wasn't even raining, guess the kids are too busy playing Playstation, lol.

Cody
02-Nov-2006, 09:10 PM
kids go for "rich" neighborhoods now adays because they give out full sized candy bars and 5$ bills.

hey what can I say, smart move

MinionZombie
02-Nov-2006, 10:14 PM
Hmmm ... not exactly skid row around here, it's solid middle class houses around here, lots of Audi A6's and the odd BMW...

I guess kids stick to the cluster of houses next to our cul-de-sac and the other one next to that. Then of course there's ... dun dun duuuuuun - Tudorville, where you'll literally find a pair of shoes hanging from a telephone wire. :lol: No doubt Halloween is a big deal there.

Around where I live I guess everyone's too thoroughly middle class to go about knocking on people's doors asking for sweets ... or the kids have all grown up/went off to a party/didn't go as it was a school night.

Ah well, fine by me. :D

Graebel
02-Nov-2006, 10:56 PM
kids go for "rich" neighborhoods now adays because they give out full sized candy bars and 5$ bills.

hey what can I say, smart move

Not true. We walked to the neighborhood nicer than ours and there weren't any lights on.

Although it was wierd. Military bases go hog wild, this was our first year living off base in a while and we only saw about ten other families with kids.

Danny
03-Nov-2006, 02:42 AM
mz's right even the news was on about how the streets were damn deserted througout britain this halloween, i live on a damn ass rough estate, with sofas on lawns and broken fences and at least 2 dozen obligatory german shepperds and there taint no eggs nor children out on halloween.

it really aint the same.:lol: