PDA

View Full Version : Bill Orally slams "Saw III", violent cinema.

Purge
01-Nov-2006, 12:21 AM
He called horror film makers "villains" in his opening memo for supposedly tainting the minds of adult American movie-goers with their films. I've been a fan of both horror films and rock music since I was a kid, and my criminal record is spotless. This scapegoating of the entertainment industry never fails to irk me. Can you say "catering to the base"? :rolleyes:

AssassinFromHell
01-Nov-2006, 12:45 AM
It's people like that piss me off. That in the crusades against video games. The Parental Advisory labels on CDs (which ironically boosted sales...lol).

It's not the business. It's the people who are out there. WOULD AMERICA DO SOME GOD DAMN PARENTING!

...people need minds. I'm beginning to think they don't make em anymore...

_liam_
01-Nov-2006, 12:51 AM
it's got to the point where were all bored of debating and kinda just roll our eyes at the mention of a corellation between violent media and behaviour.

i think marilyn manson hit it on the head when he went on stage and read those dodgy bits in the bible about smashing the heads of excess children, and then asked who has more sway over america.

not that 15 yr old kids read obscure bible passages en masse in the way they consume his music, but i see his point.

Arcades057
01-Nov-2006, 01:45 AM
He explained it the other day on his program. It's not that we're making and seeing these sorts of movies, it's that (seems to him) that's ALL we're making and seeing.

Discounting March of the Penguins and a few other children's movies, of course.

Cody
01-Nov-2006, 01:52 AM
soccer mom.

_liam_
01-Nov-2006, 04:19 AM
er, 3 saws, hostel and what else was shocking in the past few years?

he's getting carried away, if he thinks thats all the industry churns out, what the hell did he think was going on during the 70s & 80s? armageddon?! you couldnt move for the la zombi ripoffi flicks and movies with names like dont go to the last house in the park and cannibal-somethingorothers!

capncnut
01-Nov-2006, 04:26 AM
He called horror film makers "villains" in his opening memo for supposedly tainting the minds of adult American movie-goers with their films. I've been a fan of both horror films and rock music since I was a kid, and my criminal record is spotless. This scapegoating of the entertainment industry never fails to irk me. Can you say "catering to the base"? :rolleyes:

Same here. No criminal record for me either.

Wooley
01-Nov-2006, 05:47 AM
Bill O'Rly is a mouth breather retard like Coultergeist and Rush "Gimme The Pills!" Limbuagh. On the otherside of the fence they've got Bill Mahr, Al Frakenstein and Micheal "Supersize That!" Moore.

They are the party faithful, they are right and anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with their own pathetically narrow little view of the world is not just wrong but a horribly misguided, unpatriotic, evil person, and frankly, they're walking adverts for why post-birth abortion should be made legal.

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2006, 11:56 AM
...people need minds. I'm beginning to think they don't make em anymore...

Right there is the exact problem with the majority of the people in the US. They don't think for themselves - they let idiots like O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and anyone else they see on TV and hear on the radio do their thinking for them. Then, like blind sheep, the repeat what they heard and consider it "fact" without further investigation.

As far as O'Reilly, fu*k him and the horse he rode in on. If you take anything this man says seriously, that is problem #1.

Now, as far as 'violent cinema' - it's my personal belief that the problem is.... there's not enough of it. :elol:

Khardis
01-Nov-2006, 01:17 PM
The makers of Saw III ARE villains, they dropped a rotten egg on us and made me pay 10 bucks to see it :(

Right there is the exact problem with the majority of the people in the US. They don't think for themselves - they let idiots like O'Reilly, Limbaugh, and anyone else they see on TV and hear on the radio do their thinking for them. Then, like blind sheep, the repeat what they heard and consider it "fact" without further investigation.

As far as O'Reilly, fu*k him and the horse he rode in on. If you take anything this man says seriously, that is problem #1.

Now, as far as 'violent cinema' - it's my personal belief that the problem is.... there's not enough of it. :elol:

I think they listen too worse people than Orielly and Limbaugh, like Michael Moore and Hitlery Klinton, and Al Frankenstien. Remember the 2 crusaders to ban violent media were ahem the 2000 Democrat President and Vice President candidates.

bassman
01-Nov-2006, 01:33 PM
There's always going to be morons like this guy. They want to blame everything on something that it shouldn't be blamed on. And just like all the morons before him.....it won't change a thing.

I won't pay a penny to see Saw III, anyway. The first film was decent, but Saw II was horribly predictable and just all around laughable.

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2006, 02:24 PM
I think they listen too worse people than Orielly and Limbaugh, like Michael Moore and Hitlery Klinton, and Al Frankenstien. Remember the 2 crusaders to ban violent media were ahem the 2000 Democrat President and Vice President candidates.

I don't consider them "worse" - I just put 'em all in the same basket. They're all boneheads. ;)

oh, and 'hitlery clinton'? :lol: too funny. Shouldn't we change Michael Moore to "Michael Bore"? :D

Khardis
01-Nov-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't consider them "worse" - I just put 'em all in the same basket. They're all boneheads. ;)

oh, and 'hitlery clinton'? :lol: too funny. Shouldn't we change Michael Moore to "Michael Bore"? :D

He would be boring if he didnt influence so many people. :( 1/3 of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job. Thats called the Michael Mooreification of America.

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2006, 02:44 PM
He would be boring if he didnt influence so many people. :( 1/3 of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job. Thats called the Michael Mooreification of America.

Sadly, you have a point there. :(

Adrenochrome
01-Nov-2006, 02:59 PM
"And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death...

Roger Waters - 1991

http://www.harmonytalk.com/archives/images/atd.jpg

Marie
01-Nov-2006, 03:38 PM
Shouldn't we change Michael Moore to "Michael Bore"? :D

More like Michael Moron.... like the people who belive him.

M_

LouCipherr
01-Nov-2006, 04:26 PM
More like Michael Moron.... like the people who belive him.

M_

Even better. :D

HLS
01-Nov-2006, 04:51 PM
A person who watches violence is not necessarily(sp?) going to be a violent person. I mean most of us are smart enought to know the differance between real life and what happens in a movie/video game. There are a few kooks out there that will mimick something they see on TV and go kill someone but that is rare compared to the millions of horror fans out there. If kids go bad its more a bad parenting issue than blaming a violent tv show ....etc.......

Hollywood will never stop making horror as long as there is a demand for it and they will keep on making money off of us movie geeks

coma
01-Nov-2006, 05:16 PM
Any politicion who tried to censor is an idiot. I've wtaches buttloads of ultra violent movies,since I started watching movies and If I see someone get hit in a bar I get nauseous.
I am not convinced about desensitizing at all.
Not saying art can't be influential, but politicos have been pandering to the "it aint my fault" parents and the "save the children" types for years.
If you kill someone for a film, you diont need the film, youre just a psycho.
When they had no movies and almost no one could read they were killing people by the bucket load and boiling them in oil. They didnt get the idea from playing Doom. The methods may be influenced by the art, but not the inclination.

In 2000, I got really mad at all that Gore, LIberman censor junk. I would never vote for a pandering censor. Blah Blah Blah Protect the Children. Eat me.

And lik3 39% of Americans still think Saddam Hussein was Behing 9/11.
That would be the Karl Roveafication of America.:rolleyes:

dmbfanintn
02-Nov-2006, 05:59 PM
The makers of Saw III ARE villains, they dropped a rotten egg on us and made me pay 10 bucks to see it :(

And of course we can always count on Khardis to spin the discussion towards partisanship!

Of course H. Clinton and M. Moore are worse than O'Reilly and Limbaugh, to you anyway.

It always turns that way when you get involved! What is your deal man? Why so angry, why so "I'm always right, you're always wrong"?

Every single post you participate in turns political by your baiting.

But to give credit where it is due, you are certainly a master baiter! ;)

LouCipherr
02-Nov-2006, 07:07 PM

I have nothing to add other than that was funnier than hell. :lol:

coma
02-Nov-2006, 07:08 PM
Haw! Thats funny as hell. In a seventh grade way, but coffee came out my nose:lol:

dmbfanintn
02-Nov-2006, 07:14 PM
I steel n da sevent grad, i caint hep it!

LouCipherr
03-Nov-2006, 12:40 PM
dmb - if that's the case, according to Kerry, you should join the army and head to "IRAK" with the rest of the unedumacated peoples of the US! :lol:

(where's Dj to stand up for his democrat buddy 'JK' when he needs him? :lol:
wait for it.. waaaaaait for it.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it.............)

dmbfanintn
03-Nov-2006, 12:58 PM
dmb - if that's the case, according to Kerry, you should join the army and head to "IRAK" with the rest of the unedumacated peoples of the US! :lol:

(where's Dj to stand up for his democrat buddy 'JK' when he needs him? :lol:
wait for it.. waaaaaait for it.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaait for it.............)

Been there, done that. I have already been to "Irak" some 15 years ago. I have about a zero percent chance of ever having my azz back in that country!

Also, I am too old to get back in (not that I would) and certainly wouldn't volunteer for THIS war, as I am a little older and wiser now 15 years later.

When your 20 something and full of piss and vinegar, and you have had your brainwashed by the military, you are willing to do anything they tell you too, regardless of your better judgement.

I COULD NOT do it today, I am a different person than I was in 91, for sure.

I did note the smiley emoticon, so I know that comment was in jest, but I still felt I needed to point that out to you!

LouCipherr
03-Nov-2006, 01:09 PM
It's all good :D I did that to provoke Dj - you know how he is. I love getting him wound up like a wind-up toy and watching him go. Most of the time that's the only reason I post in the middle of these political debates! :elol:

He full well wants to smack me in the head i'm sure, but it's all in fun and he knows that. We just like to mess with each other. :D

...and regardless of when you were in, your service to our country is greatly appreciated, at least by this individual. ;)

Dtothe3
03-Nov-2006, 01:11 PM
I watch wrestling, and imitate it where I can. I heed the warnings I hear on my tv about it, never doing anything like "piledrivers" or something where there's a serious risk of injury. I have still been knocked out cold from time to time, but that's a risk i'm prepared to take, and have been since it first happened.

My mum educated me quite well I believe, respect for life, an understanding that the greater man is the one who walks away from a fight, knowing that your opinion may not be accepted by everyone, as you won't accept everyones opinion. These are basic things my mum got my to learn. Take away the violent cinema, take away the games and **** like that, that's fine.

But parents will still need to educate, talk to, spend time with, and respect their kids. That's completely missing out the loving family stuff and all that crap (personally i don't think you really need a father figure for a happy family, just a happier one). Whilst parents are too busy complaining about whats on the tv screen, means they cannot regulate what their kids watch, and so must go to the source. It's their failing being passed onto others.

I watched Childsplay when I was 5-7, yet I didn't go out and kill a boy by the name of James. I didn't take him to a railway track, and smashed his skull in with whatever rocks i could find. It wasn't the film. It was bad parenting, a lack of knowledge of the full implications of killing someone, and possibly enherrently evil behaviour.

dmbfanintn
03-Nov-2006, 01:47 PM
...and regardless of when you were in, your service to our country is greatly appreciated, at least by this individual. ;)

Thank you sir!