PDA

View Full Version : 2007 a good year for Zombies

scotty Boy
02-Nov-2006, 10:10 AM
First of all hello to everyone. Its good to find somewhere i can talk about "the living dead" with people who wont tell me to shut up constantly.

Also i appologise if a thread similar to this has been posted elsewhere.

Who else is looking forward to next year?? purly because of the realeas of the following films

Diary Of The Dead
Day Of The Dead
28 Weeks Later

and not to mention
Night of the living dead 07 and I am a Zombie man 2, and of corse any of the other films members decide to make :skull:

Also as a general fan of GAR im looking forward to Camerons - The Screening!

jimis
02-Nov-2006, 10:36 AM
Shut up....

only joking! I, too, am excited about day' and 28 weeks later, although you might find others round here a little less enthusiastic....

I have to admit, out of the 3, I am most nervous about Diary' being crap. I honestly hope it's not but I have this bad feeling....

EvilNed
02-Nov-2006, 12:21 PM
I think Day of the Dead will be more of an actionfilm than a true zombiefilm. Which is why I'm looking forward to it the least. But Diary and 28 Weeks Later can go either way, and I'm sure that they'll at least provide me with some amusement.

radiokill
02-Nov-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm excited about all of them (although I'm sure DOTD07 will leave me saying, "awwww, man"). I'm also ready for Grind House, which I think is set for an April release.

...I'll definitely be placing an order for Deadlands: The Rising when distribution gets going.

I still haven't had a chance to watch "I am Zombie Man" because of my slow dial-up and vast amount of homework.

Cody
02-Nov-2006, 06:12 PM
28 weeks is going to rock. Day is going ot suck. Diary has a 50/50. welcome to the forum!

capncnut
02-Nov-2006, 10:26 PM
Who else is looking forward to next year?? purly because of the realeas of the following films

Diary Of The Dead
Day Of The Dead
28 Weeks Later

and not to mention
Night of the living dead 07 and I am a Zombie man 2, and of corse any of the other films members decide to make :skull:

I am looking forward to all of the above except Day. Oh by the way, you forgot Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's 'Grindhouse'. Thats probably gonna be the best one of all!

Wantaghzombie
02-Nov-2006, 11:33 PM
Dont forget Resident evil Extinction

radiokill
03-Nov-2006, 03:28 PM
I usually look forward to Thanksgiving, impatiently awaiting the oppurtunity to gorge myself on fried turkey, roast, ham, and any other delicious meats I can get my hands. However, I usually end up suffering trying to eat all eyes tell me I desire. Does anyone think spring of '07 will have a similar effect on zombie fans?

bassman
03-Nov-2006, 03:32 PM
I usually look forward to Thanksgiving, impatiently awaiting the oppurtunity to gorge myself on fried turkey, roast, ham, and any other delicious meats I can get my hands. However, I usually end up suffering trying to eat all eyes tell me I desire. Does anyone think spring of '07 will have a similar effect on zombie fans?

Put down the fork!:p Just joshing.

That is a great analogy, though. I think as long as "the meats" are taken in moderation, we can make it through. Besides....I don't intend on seeing some of these in theater. Now we have dvd releases about 3 months after theatrical.....so it makes it easier to let the ham settle before you move on to the turkey.

Does that make any sense, at all?:lol:

MontagMOI
03-Nov-2006, 03:38 PM
Am looking forward to Grind House - what i have seen so far looks pretty insane. Also looking forward to Dairy Of The Dead and to a lesser extent 28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil Extinction and by a much lesser extent Day Of Tha Dead. For anyone that's interested IDW comics are publishing a one-shot graphic novel written by Steve Niles that will bridge the gap between 28 Days and 28 Weeks.

bassman
03-Nov-2006, 03:44 PM
Am looking forward to Grind House - what i have seen so far looks pretty insane. Also looking forward to Dairy Of The Dead and to a lesser extent 28 Weeks Later and Resident Evil Extinction and by a much lesser extent Day Of Tha Dead. For anyone that's interested IDW comics are publishing a one-shot graphic novel written by Steve Niles that will bridge the gap between 28 Days and 28 Weeks.

Speaking of IDW. I think they're the company that made that comic adaptation of the original Dawn. You know....there was a little one that came with the Ultimate Edition DVD. Anyone know where all of those can be obtained?

It may have not been IDW(that name just sounded familiar), but either way....know where I can get them?

radiokill
03-Nov-2006, 04:20 PM
Does that make any sense, at all?:lol:

yeah, hopefully I'll be able to exercise good judgement in moderation :)

Minerva_Zombi
03-Nov-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm looking forward to 28 Weeks Later, Diary Of The Dead, Grindhouse, and Passion of the Christ 2. Day Of The Dead and Resident Evil...No...

Cody
03-Nov-2006, 07:45 PM
passion of the christ 2??????

Wantaghzombie
03-Nov-2006, 08:18 PM
How the hell do you make a Passion of the Christ 2?!!?!!?!?:confused:

capncnut
03-Nov-2006, 11:05 PM
Quite easily, he resurrected at the end of the original. :D

Minerva_Zombi
04-Nov-2006, 06:09 AM
exactly! he's coming back... and this time it's personal. lol. im joking. but, mel gibson does have some other **** coming out called "Apocolypto"... or something...

capncnut
04-Nov-2006, 06:47 AM
exactly! he's coming back... and this time it's personal. lol. im joking. but, mel gibson does have some other **** coming out called "Apocolypto"... or something...

Probably his version of the book of Revelation. :D

radiokill
04-Nov-2006, 04:06 PM
"Apocolypto"... or something...

I've heard about a Road Warrior prequel.....sounds like that could be it.

you know, the one they've said they'd make for years, I hear the ball is finally rolling.

Kaos
04-Nov-2006, 04:50 PM
Also looking forward to Dairy Of The Dead

I don't even want to think about the dairy products favored by zombies...:barf:

Andy
04-Nov-2006, 05:46 PM
kaos has been waiting months to use that joke :lol:

panic
09-Nov-2006, 09:58 AM
Isn't Risen supposed to come out in 2007? That has some potential, it seems to me. As for the others, here's my level of excitement:

28 Weeks Later :) :) :) :)
Day of the Dead '07 :) :) :) :)
RE: Extinction :) :) :)
Diary of the Dead :) :)
Grindhouse :) :) :) :) :)

/p

bassman
09-Nov-2006, 11:51 AM
I've heard about a Road Warrior prequel.....sounds like that could be it.

you know, the one they've said they'd make for years, I hear the ball is finally rolling.

Nah...."Apocalypto" is Gibson's next directorial effort set in the decline of the Mayan civilization. The main character is chosen for human sacrifice and rather than accepting his fate, he runs to save his life. You can find the trailer online. It looks like it could be really good.

As far as the Mad Max 4 thing.....I read just the other day in an interview that the director is trying to get it going and that Mel Gibson refuses to have anything to do with it.

radiokill
09-Nov-2006, 01:54 PM
Nah...."Apocalypto" is Gibson's next directorial effort set in the decline of the Mayan civilization. The main character is chosen for human sacrifice and rather than accepting his fate, he runs to save his life. You can find the trailer online. It looks like it could be really good.

As far as the Mad Max 4 thing.....I read just the other day in an interview that the director is trying to get it going and that Mel Gibson refuses to have anything to do with it.

I'd say he's a bit to old to play mad max again.....apocalypto does sound pretty good, tho

Danny
10-Nov-2006, 11:52 AM
Isn't Risen supposed to come out in 2007? That has some potential, it seems to me. As for the others, here's my level of excitement:

28 Weeks Later :) :) :) :)
Day of the Dead '07 :) :) :) :)
RE: Extinction :) :) :)
Diary of the Dead :) :)
Grindhouse :) :) :) :) :)

/p

i think im gonna take a leaf out his book

28 weeks :cool:
day 07 :cool: :cool:
resi 3 :cool: :cool: :cool:
diary :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
grindhouse:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
my name is bruce :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cereval
11-Nov-2006, 02:04 AM
I heard 28 Weeks Later is PG-13 ... geared towards a younger audience.

... still looking forward to this? :shifty:

deadpunk
11-Nov-2006, 02:45 AM
bah...PG-13?!

I'd rather stay home and contemplate shooting the neighbor's dog...again :shifty:

Brubaker
12-Nov-2006, 10:40 PM

It happens. He'd probably like people to forget he was involved with stuff like Bird On A Wire, Air America or maybe even the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max movies. He is too busy making and promoting "meaningful" films to have anything to do with stuff he might now look at as cheesy. People who have success with "serious" films tend to do that.

While it may be for good reason, it is well known that Sean Astin consistently refuses to acknowledge Encino Man. He won't even speak about it. Slightly off topic, but that is one of several good examples of people trying to escape roles they were previously typecast in.

With that said, I am aware that the Mad Max movies were more "serious" than some people like to let on, who look at them as mindless action films. But that is a whole different story. I wrote the first paragraph from Mel's point of view and would assume he doesn't want to be associated with the franchise anymore than he has to. The whole rhetoric of not wanting to be defined as Mad Max, Riggs, whatever........

Danny
13-Nov-2006, 10:10 AM
How the hell do you make a Passion of the Christ 2?!!?!!?!?:confused:

time machine.:shifty:

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 05:27 AM
I'd say he's a bit to old to play mad max again...

I'd welcome another Mad Max flick as long as it's better than Thunderdome.

I heard 28 Weeks Later is PG-13...

Say what now? :confused:

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 06:38 AM
yep pg-13, a rob schnieder movie is rated harder than it for gods sake, hence why ive been saying "this movies gonna suck!" for the past few weeks now.

Brubaker
16-Nov-2006, 09:18 PM
yep pg-13, a rob schnieder movie is rated harder than it for gods sake, hence why ive been saying "this movies gonna suck!" for the past few weeks now.

The rating may be the same but I think someone would have to work fairly hard (or fail to work hard) if they wanted to turn in a turkey worse than the average Rob Schneider movie. I always took him for a poor man's Adam Sandler (since they are buds) and it feels like most of Rob's movies, and David Spade's (the ones minus Chris Farley), were scripts that Adam Sandler himself rejected and gave to them, making them believe he was doing them some great favor.

Danny
16-Nov-2006, 10:06 PM
he just introduced the nail to a head i think.

coma
16-Nov-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd welcome another Mad Max flick as long as it's better than Thunderdome.

Thanks for nothing for bringing that up. What a dissapointment:mad: :p