PDA

View Full Version : The Blind Dead (or something like that)

Burbank
03-Nov-2006, 03:17 PM
I saw this box set in HMV going quite cheap and just wondering if it's worth a purchase? Think there are 3 or 4 films in the set and they look kinda fun.

The back of the box blab suggests it's the Spanish version of Night of the Living Dead. Something to do with zombie Templar Knights?

Anyone seen them?

coma
03-Nov-2006, 03:42 PM
I saw Tombs of The Blind Dead and the second one.
I found them tedious and hard to get through to the end. They had some good zombie moments that were entertaining, but kind of long periods of "when is smething going to happen".
There is alos "duh, that is stoooopid" moments that aren't even funny in their lameness.
Thats my tiny review.
in a nutshel. Basically boring. But with some good parts. If it's cheap enough, I would just see for myself. you could totally disagree.

Cody
03-Nov-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought tombs of the dead sucked so much.

capncnut
03-Nov-2006, 11:00 PM
Like I always say; if you're a collector - get 'em, if you 'aint - don't. Simple as that.

Danny
04-Nov-2006, 03:25 AM
such a great premise "they dont see you,they hear, so dont move, dont breath or they'll get you", but like many a horror it whent all "ertha kitt" about 15 mins in.:barf:

deadpunk
04-Nov-2006, 04:30 AM
I'd qualify these as a 'desperation' watch... :p

Danny
04-Nov-2006, 04:36 AM
yes, well put thats exactly what they qualify as.:)

MontagMOI
06-Nov-2006, 02:24 PM
I am actually a fan of the Blind Dead films. The first (Tombs) is quite good and the second (Return Of The Evil Dead) is great fun. Unfortunately the budget almost completely disappeared for Ghost Gallion and Night Of The Seagulls. I understand that some people immediately switch off when a film isnt a UK or US flick (I think Lucio Fulci gets cussed more often on here than Zack Snyder). For anyone that is inclined to try European zombies, i would also recommend The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue which i personally think is the best Romero rip-off and has some nice chunks-a-blowin. Right, i've said my piece now i will go back home, barricade myself in and await the inevitable barrage of insults :evil:

capncnut
06-Nov-2006, 08:28 PM
Right, i've said my piece now i will go back home, barricade myself in and await the inevitable barrage of insults :evil:

How could you watch those piles of s**t, you must be off your head...

...only kidding! :D Each to their own man, I'm glad you got more out of 'em than I did. :)