PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will you vote Tuesday??

dmbfanintn
04-Nov-2006, 04:54 PM
Simple question (for Americans)

This is simple yes and no, please don't turn this into a political flame war, and please do not list who you plan to vote for!

HLS
05-Nov-2006, 02:46 PM
I hate to admit this But I have not voted in eons. I am so tired of the political attack adds on TV it makes me not want to vote for any of them.

dmbfanintn
06-Nov-2006, 03:42 PM
**Bump**

Bunker65
06-Nov-2006, 03:55 PM
For what it's worth, yes I will be voting in this election as I have in every election since I was first eligible to vote in 1983.

dmbfanintn
07-Nov-2006, 09:57 PM
Bump,

Last one, I promise!

Khardis
07-Nov-2006, 10:40 PM
Voted this morning, straight Republican ticket except for 1 Indy candidate.

slickwilly13
07-Nov-2006, 10:47 PM
Voted

Debbieangel
07-Nov-2006, 11:02 PM
voted this afternoon!

DjfunkmasterG
07-Nov-2006, 11:21 PM

SURPRISE!

Voted when i got out of work... All Democrat except one canidate... he was republican!

CNN is handing Virginia to Jim Webb (D) and Maryland doesn't close until 8:00pm

dmbfanintn
08-Nov-2006, 01:07 AM

Curious on that Khardis. What was the indy's platform the made you stray from the party?

I vote Indy often, but my views are kinda skewed. Alot of times there are specific issues that pull me toward an Indy. Was wondering of that was the case with you?

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2006, 01:45 AM
Curious on that Khardis. What was the indy's platform the made you stray from the party?

I vote Indy often, but my views are kinda skewed. Alot of times there are specific issues that pull me toward an Indy. Was wondering of that was the case with you?

He voted for Leiberman, the wannabe republican who masked himself as a democrat, then lost in the primary and had to become an independent.

Khardis
08-Nov-2006, 02:10 AM
SURPRISE!

Voted when i got out of work... All Democrat except one canidate... he was republican!

CNN is handing Virginia to Jim Webb (D) and Maryland doesn't close until 8:00pm

CNN is handing states with a 10+ point republican lead ot democrats, big suprise there. I believe Web is behind isnt he?

Joe Liberman, ex-democrat. I voted for Joe because he has done a TON for my state in terms of bringing home the bacon. And there was no way in hell the Schlesinger was going to win anyway. And I couldnt bare to see Ned Lamont win, so I went with Liberman.

Specifically, Liberman tends to be a conservative democrat (indy for now) he lost the primary to a rabid left wing communist (Ned Lamont) which I thought was BS because Ned is just a rank amatuer who only got in to feed red meat to the rabid anti war hard core lunatic left fringe.

Anyway, Liberman is pro War on Terror, and even though he has a ton of liberal views I disagree with he is a intelligent man and wouldnt go so far to the left that he would ruin things.

He voted for Leiberman, the wannabe republican who masked himself as a democrat, then lost in the primary and had to become an independent.

Its funny, if he was a masked Republican why did you guys pick him for the Vice Presidential candidate in 2000? Oh thats right, his 90% liberal voting record wasnt liberal enough, so he was purged from the party by left wing communists in a VERY close primary. Its ok though, the voters came home and gave Lamont the finger and voted for Liberman too.

coma
08-Nov-2006, 02:25 AM
Communists?!?! Are you nuts?
Read your history.

You are seeing boogeymen in the dark that don't exist.

I guess "Looney" wasn't "hard" enough, so you have to have fantasies of a Red fifth column?

and Ol' Joe is a turd. A pedantic sell out self interested turd with a very irratating voice.

tju1973
08-Nov-2006, 02:37 AM
I live in Texas-- and dspite your requests, I will summarize my vote..

I voted for the only Jewish cowboy in Texas, one Mr Kinky Freidman(IND), and 1 republican senator, all liberatarians (where they ran), and whoever had only one candidate..

So my results were not too suprising...

My republican vote won, and I lost 100% of the contested seats...

crap....

:mad:

Cody
08-Nov-2006, 04:39 AM
Mr Kinky LOL!!

no.

Danny
08-Nov-2006, 07:57 AM
I voted for the only Jewish cowboy in Texas, one Mr Kinky Freidman

...really?, kinky feidman?. damn theres gotta be some repressed anger from high school for that guy.

Maitreya
08-Nov-2006, 08:30 AM
I voted early, and this election makes me proud.

Democrats taking back the house! WOOO!!!

I'm so ****ing stoked about that. I'll be walking on air all week if I wake up and find out they took the senate too.

Glad to see that America's finally coming to its senses and leaving the dark ages of the GOP rule.

7feet
08-Nov-2006, 08:50 AM
Glad to see that America's finally coming to its senses

Yeah, brother! Numbnuts still abound, but we'll see where it sits in a coupla days. At least a lot of people voted. Nice to see a discernible lack of ennui and apathy. Don't much care how you vote, just that you did. Exercise your franchise, or piss off. The next person I hear griping in any respect about politics who didn't vote is gonna get a direct smack upside the head.

And then I'll go back to zombie movies. I like them better.

Khardis
08-Nov-2006, 12:00 PM
Communists?!?! Are you nuts?
Read your history.

You are seeing boogeymen in the dark that don't exist.

I guess "Looney" wasn't "hard" enough, so you have to have fantasies of a Red fifth column?

and Ol' Joe is a turd. A pedantic sell out self interested turd with a very irratating voice.

Actually joe has been great for Connecticut. He just doesnt sellout to either party. He isnt going to silence himself so that the communists get to run ramshot all over. He is a principaled man, and I am glad he won in a landslide.

I'm so ****ing stoked about that. I'll be walking on air all week if I wake up and find out they took the senate too.

Glad to see that America's finally coming to its senses and leaving the dark ages of the GOP rule.

If you can say cut and run liberals are "coming back to our senses" I guess. But dont get too excited, theyre only midterm elections and Bush still gets to make supreme court appointments and I am sure he will get another one.

Alot of these "new" democrats won because theyre "moderate" and "conservative" democrats, so dont count the chickies too quick ;)

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2006, 12:35 PM
CNN is handing states with a 10+ point republican lead ot democrats, big suprise there. I believe Web is behind isnt he?

As of 6am he is ahead by 8,000 votes. Also it looks like we will get Montana as well. So maybe I was wrong and the dems will control both house. Could this be a sweet victory for dems. Whether or not that are all left or all right, as long as the far right conservative base no longer has control I don't care. I wouldprefer more politicans be moderates.

dmbfanintn
08-Nov-2006, 01:26 PM
Joe Liberman, ex-democrat. I voted for Joe because he has done a TON for my state in terms of bringing home the bacon. And there was no way in hell the Schlesinger was going to win anyway. And I couldnt bare to see Ned Lamont win, so I went with Liberman.

That is what I was thinking when I first read your post, Lieberman.

Credit where it is due, at least you don't vote straight down the party line.

Tied2thetracks
08-Nov-2006, 01:52 PM

What is going to be so great under this new brand of thugs? Where is the great victory? Democrats aren't going to fix this country.

What is the dark side? Is it morales in general? anti border, language,and culture, that is what you are geting with the dems.

Look for special interest groups and illegal aliens to have more pull. You dug your grave America, I have to lie in it.

Adrenochrome
08-Nov-2006, 01:56 PM
What is going to be so great under this new brand of thugs? Where is the great victory? Democrats aren't going to fix this country.

What is the dark side? Is it morales in general? anti border, language,and culture, that is what you are geting with the dems.

Look for special interest groups and illegal aliens to have more pull. You dug your grave America, I have to lie in it.

What have the Reps accomplished?

Terran
08-Nov-2006, 01:56 PM
Is it morales in general? You dug your grave America, I have to lie in it.

Well I think any reasonable person can agree that neither Dems or Rebs have any morals....:dead:

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2006, 02:19 PM

Jack and sh1t and jack left town

coma
08-Nov-2006, 02:57 PM
Actually joe has been great for Connecticut. He just doesnt sellout to either party. He isnt going to silence himself so that the communists get to run ramshot all over. He is a principaled man, and I am glad he won in a landslide.

If you can say cut and run liberals are "coming back to our senses" I guess. But dont get too excited, theyre only midterm elections and Bush still gets to make supreme court appointments and I am sure he will get another one.

That unsophisticated hyperbole concerning Communists is about 50 years out of date. That sort of inflammatory mud is just ridiculous and , frankly, shockingly ignorant.
A millionaire can't be a communist by definition because he "thriving on the blood of the proletariat" and is not adequetly redistributing his wealth.
I try to take you seriously, despite my better judgement, but you should open up some fact based literature and try to learn something other than spoon fed propaganda.

Dem "obstructionists" can block many of the stupid ideas of the Administration. Mainly by blocking funding WHICH THEY NOW CONTROL.

Well I think any reasonable person can agree that neither Dems or Rebs have any morals....:dead:
Natonally at least. Local Republicans and Democrats are very different but the morality becomes relative when the become nationally involved.
In the current configuration the moral republicans have been strongarmed by the Right wing radicals and have to play to maintain a career. And it ended up backfiring. Like John McCain buddying up to Bush, whom he can't stand. I used to think he'd make a damn good GOP president, until he started flp flopping on his previously hardheaded stands on right and wrong. He is a good example of someone eaten by the beast of opportunity.

I wish they would argue like UK parliament. I think that is pretty awesome. Like WWF with nerds:)

Hold for Litany of Talking Points comprised of dubious "facts"....

7feet
09-Nov-2006, 06:22 AM
I wish they would argue like UK parliament. I think that is pretty awesome. Like WWF with nerds

I'd love to see that here. Watching the Brit parliament when a stupid idea gets a huge cacophonous "BOOOOOOO!!!" is great. If the "opposition" here (whoever they are) had the nuts to do that I think we'd be considerably better off. Nothing a politician hates more than being publicly embarrassed, tends to keep 'em in line.

Oh, and hell yeah I voted. Couldn't keep me away. Just wish I would have got off my ass this year and worked at the polling place. I love all those 90 year old ladies who work the polls (I suspect a lot of them still remember when women's suffrage was a real issue), but they can get a little spacey sometimes. But I'm lucky, since Tammany Hall there hasn't been too much abject, in-yer-face election rigging here. And I'd like to keep it that way.

Maitreya
09-Nov-2006, 04:52 PM

They succeeded in successfully ****ing up the education system, any sort of hope for cures to nervous system diseases, as well as chances for freedom of love, but hopefully that'll change now that logic has prevailed over "divine will".

But not all of them are bad, I personally like Colin Powell, I think he'd make a great president he would run.