PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil/bio Hazard 2 Commercial Japan

suicide22
05-Nov-2006, 11:24 AM
GEORGE ROMERO

RESIDENT EVIL/BIO HAZARD 2 COMMERCIAL JAPAN

The commercial was shot in January 1998 with in a couple of closed streets, built up INT/EXT sets of Los Angels.

The commercial was designed for the Japanese release Biohazard 2. The game was released on the 29/1/98, but was shown early on the 17th of January to be released with the USA early showing.

The commercial should have, been used within the games RE2 intro to continue the style of the original game with real life actors. It probably would have added more cinematic qualities to the game.

Danny
05-Nov-2006, 11:42 AM
im sure i posted the video ,or a link to it in a thread before:shifty:

EDIT- here we go

uBjNHsfofME

and eys guys and gals i do have a link for everything :lol:

and whats with the really angry capcom bit at the end?:D

_liam_
05-Nov-2006, 05:21 PM
yeah this thing is the reason i'm on this forum!! years ago gamemaster magazine did a pull out feature on it and the back page had a few words from our very own Neil, along with an old school link to hpotd (back when it was on demon.co.uk).

it think it kicks the crap out of the two movies!

Andy
05-Nov-2006, 05:29 PM
im sure i posted the video ,or a link to it in a thread before:shifty:

EDIT- here we go

uBjNHsfofME

and eys guys and gals i do have a link for everything :lol:

and whats with the really angry capcom bit at the end?:D

there was actually 2 adverts made for resident evil 2 by romero, that one you linked to is the main one hellsing and this is the second one (http://www.residentevilfan.ws/vids/bio_hazard_2_commercial.asf).

they where also originally intended to be shown in america aswell, but the actor who played leon in them stopped it.

"Actor X" is actually Brad Renfro (The Client, Apt Pupil). Ironically it was his "reputation" at stake for not appearing in this sort of thing overseas according to his agent - publications outside of Japan weren't even allowed to use his name. Renfro has since become known for his string of arrests for drugs, drunk driving, and other crimes.

capncnut
05-Nov-2006, 06:07 PM
I dont wanna rain on the parade but I think both of the GAR Biohazard trailers are very bog-standard. I don't see what all the fuss is about?

_liam_
05-Nov-2006, 06:29 PM
well, i'm not saying its sliced bread or anything, but it's cool to see those characters in flesh and blood, and it looked a lot more faithful to the games than the movies did - couldn't believe how little resemblance to the games those movies had.

suicide22
05-Nov-2006, 06:43 PM
Those movie director's were just wheeling in the bread!:cool: :lol: :evil: :elol: :sneaky: :elol: :lol:

_liam_
05-Nov-2006, 06:48 PM
yeah i think so. i dont wanna sound too preciousm but i really didn't think they "understood" the franchise.

Danny
06-Nov-2006, 03:03 AM
I dont wanna rain on the parade but I think both of the GAR Biohazard trailers are very bog-standard. I don't see what all the fuss is about?

cus it was classic george romero, but if you look at it from a directing point of view its a lot like when you run in the game and the static camera makes those kinda jumps, and i like it.:D

Rottedfreak
06-Nov-2006, 07:53 AM
Those movies suffered because Capcom wanted a family friendly movie with a 15 rating. Have any of those idiots got ANY clue what Resident Evil is? This kind of problem crops up all the time with virtually everything based on something else, they always **** it up by intervention of get a clueless idiot who's obviously only had a whip through do a adaptation.
Video games based on movies, comics or novels can sometimes feel rushed.
Movies based on comics, books or games seem unfaithful.
Comics based on books, movies and games always cut out the best parts.
Books based on comics, games or movies are a exception.

Andy
06-Nov-2006, 01:23 PM
Those movies suffered because Capcom wanted a family friendly movie with a 15 rating. Have any of those idiots got ANY clue what Resident Evil is? This kind of problem crops up all the time with virtually everything based on something else, they always **** it up by intervention of get a clueless idiot who's obviously only had a whip through do a adaptation.
Video games based on movies, comics or novels can sometimes feel rushed.
Movies based on comics, books or games seem unfaithful.
Comics based on books, movies and games always cut out the best parts.
Books based on comics, games or movies are a exception.

i'll say.. the resident evil books are ace! i have them all.. that is how the movies should of been.

Danny
06-Nov-2006, 04:17 PM
word *high fives andy 80's style*:D s.d perrys city of the dead would have been a kickass zombie film!

Andy
06-Nov-2006, 04:32 PM
i have to admit, the umberella conspiracy is my favourite.. stays true to the game while filling in the blankspots the game leaves like the wesker and barry moments, also explains nicely how jill, chris, barry and rebecca all came to be in the mansion at the same time (unlike the game which always left someone outside).

what do you think of caliban cove and underworld hellsing (the originals)?

i always enjoy discussing these novels :)

Danny
07-Nov-2006, 06:11 AM
havent read underworld but caliban cove was good, and i think a little inspired by the origional day script i reckon, the section were there trying to escape but one woman is turning as they go was nicely done rather than the "turning just becuase someone has too". aye it was a good read.

too bad my dog chewed up my copy when i left it on the sofa (couch) one night.:mad:

capncnut
08-Nov-2006, 10:04 PM
too bad my dog chewed up my copy when i left it on the sofa (couch) one night.:mad:

Your dog has good taste, Hellz. :D

suicide22
31-Dec-2006, 10:07 AM
A special Japanese import Sega Saturn Ltd Edition version of resident evil with extra added intro scenes also containing additional scenes with Cerberus Dog FX added + STARS cut scenes + a bravo team wreckage + dog scenes within bright tall grass revealed. Chris then slides to the ground then picks up a broken shotgun on the ground then drops it (This revealed how the broken shotgun got into the gamegube version & also the Saturn special version), when surrounded by dogs trying to kill him and the other S.T.A.R.S. members. The other S.T.A.R.S team start shooting their weapons, this shows Wesker firing a handgun, but it doesn't look like him. It also reveals Chris's self-made holster strapped around his shoulder arms. It is a sawn off Shotgun like the one in evil dead 2 before he loses is hand.Chris repeatly fires his sawn off shotgun at the zombie dogs in the long grass, it show CU Close Up’s of the zombie dogs exploding heads. Sometimes you will see one or two of the dog come out of nowhere from the tall grass surrounded by misty fog probably caused by gun fire. Games magazines would have said, that I am confusing the uncut dog attack scene of Joesph Frost, When he fires a shotgun. That is not true both dog attack scenes were featured in this Limited (CEFC Magazine) Capcom Saturn Ltd only edition?

This version also reveals all the resident evil censored footage used in the cut version. In the full uncut version it shows the newspaper clipping like normal then the mutilated corpse used in the Japan version continues with added Chris's dialogue, there's added speech talking about hillbillies holding people hostage in a shack in arklay Mountains and bizarre cannibal killing at victor lake it also showed more newspaper pictures of raccoon

This version featured more searching scenes for the bravo team at the begin of the live-action movie, and it was put together differently and did not have any of those flashes either.

The Joseph Frost scene was much more gruesome than the regular Japanese version with two dog surrounding him before attacking him, then ripping him apart with a very long and bloody detailed gory opening scene, something that the fans would want allot, then it showed the S.T.A.R.S watching him get his arms ripped off, a wide shot, then a close up of the dogs, then move up on him before there ripped his arms off. Sometimes it shows one of the dogs repeatly biting in to his neak (This effect looks a bit like a small back toy thing attach to his neck sometimes)

Their was a special scene added before the Bravo team wreckage where the S.T.A.R.S are running through the bright long grass, and you can see the S.T.A.R.S running into the deepest of the forest. There is a close up of Jill’s back with a flare gun; there are some monster paws that keep trying to grab them.

Maybe GEORGE ROMERO got this special longer intro + game posted to him for study of the game; for working on Resident Evil 2 Commercial

This came with a special packaged Japan Saturn version only limited :)

Tricky
31-Dec-2006, 11:44 AM
I stopped playing the games when it turned out umbrella was like the illuminati & owned what seemed like half the world.Ive probably missed some good zombie action,but i just couldnt be doing with the stupidly overblown plot involving umbrella.I prefered it in the first one where they were just a small pharmacuetical/bioweapons lab in raccoon city

capncnut
31-Dec-2006, 07:55 PM
The storylines have got dumber over the years but the games are still hot.

Danny
01-Jan-2007, 04:36 AM
cept resi 4, thats the worst in the series, its more akin to tomb raider legend it doesnt feel like a resi game to me, i preffered cold fear on the xbox, heres hopeing resi 5 is a little more back to the origional resi vibe.

capncnut
01-Jan-2007, 05:36 AM
Cold Fear = headaches. :barf:

Danny
01-Jan-2007, 05:57 AM
what?, did the rocking ship get to you? the only time ive felt a bit of motion sickness from a game was from a long stint on condemned when i first got it that rising and falling motion when you walk really got to me at first.

capncnut
01-Jan-2007, 06:04 AM
Fahrenheit when youre in the police basement. Pure nightmare!

Danny
01-Jan-2007, 06:05 AM
yeah that was the hardest part of that game.:dead:

suicide22
21-Mar-2007, 06:40 PM
It’s not the stories that are getting dumb it’s the writers, their need fresh blood at capcom working for them; they probably need to work out the cranks and write some original ideas?

suicide22
23-Mar-2007, 09:27 PM
Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 2 the aftermath of the zombie outbreak. Leon. S. Kennedy & Claire Redfield find themselves tied together by the zombie outbreak; both bound by unchangeable destines. This game is set mostly in a police station where you have to solve puzzles while surrounded by the armies of the undead! :mad: :cool: :)

capncnut
24-Mar-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah, and? :confused:

general tbag
26-Mar-2007, 03:14 AM
Am i the only one who liked the FMV cut scenes form RE1. I was realy hoping 2 would of taken the whole movie/game feel .I wished they would of played it out more like a sega cd game with more FMV adding to the story line.

Danny
26-Mar-2007, 03:37 AM
if your on about the origional and not the remake then yes.
yes you are, now go shut youself in a dark room and feel the pride obliterating shame burn:elol:

seriously though, after blowing up the tyrant (which was piss easy by the way:cool: ) , fighting hordes of zombies and monsters, learning all those secrets and surviving the mansions 'resident evil's' (see what i did there?;) ) they sit in the chopper and spoil it with this line:

" hmm.....i wonder what was going on here..."

totally spoiled it, in fact i urge some of you used to a higher calibre of horrro such as silent hill 2 (im lookin' at you cap'n) to avert your eyes and cover your ears at what im about to post.

i apologize in advance.:(

_GyOYaDHquE

:hurl: :barf: :hurl: :barf:

capncnut
26-Mar-2007, 09:23 AM
That cutscene is major bulls**t. Is it just me or was the Euro intro completely free of gore, oh and Redfield wasn't smoking no cigarette either. Major, major bulls**t!!!
:hurl::mad:

general tbag
26-Mar-2007, 11:11 PM
Well playing RE zero it adds more holes to the overall plot than solving anything. Or at least i thought. Weak ending . I was really hoping for a mansion tie in...

capncnut
27-Mar-2007, 01:09 AM
Yeah me too, and I'm not all that fond of the Resi remake either.

Danny
27-Mar-2007, 01:52 AM
Well playing RE zero it adds more holes to the overall plot than solving anything. Or at least i thought. Weak ending . I was really hoping for a mansion tie in...

yeah, cracking game, but a damn near identical second mansion with another lab only about 60 metres away form the other one?:rolleyes:

CornishCorpse
28-Mar-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh that cut scene was retro goodness! I havent seen that in a while and yeah the Euro scene was gore free, I watched the opening movie how many times and thats the first time Ive seen that dogs eye piss blood?

Danny
28-Mar-2007, 11:10 PM
oh that last bits a quote right thar'!:lol:

suicide22
04-Apr-2007, 02:45 PM
The RE1 intro uncut colour version you’ve downloaded is not the full version!? Their was also a 9mins uncut version now unavailable sold in Japan in 1997 with Ltd packaging I described it in my previous documents on this forum. This special uncut version for Saturn is in black & white but more effective with style & effects. Problems with the intro are unfortunately the cheesy acting; but that's what makes up a good 70’s & 80’s horror flick like Zombie and also Dawn of the dead; it’s still not that bad when you think of it as a Italian Zombie movie or a dawn of dead flick. That’s what makes the horror genre a little less scary?:bored: :rolleyes: :D

Danny
04-Apr-2007, 03:56 PM
and point of 'less scary' horror is?....

dont know about you but if i want horror i want to be scared so bad i have to hide behind my hands, check underm y bed and almost poo my pant's a little:lol:

which is were fatal frame comes in, scariest horror game ever.

capncnut
05-Apr-2007, 12:46 AM
dont know about you but if i want horror i want to be scared so bad i have to hide behind my hands, check underm y bed and almost poo my pant's a little.
F**k that! I want the s**t flying out of my collar. :lol:

suicide22
31-Jul-2007, 01:29 PM
Resident Evil 1 in the UK in 1996 July-August, there were no commercials devised in England for this game. Only a billboard that was taken down within two weeks with a blood soaked bathtub. Was this game so censored by the BBFC it was too immoral at the time to show this game resident evil on television?

mista_mo
01-Aug-2007, 06:51 AM
that lady who plays claire...yea..shes hot...

the commericial itself is kinda meh

Yojimbo
03-Aug-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah this thing is the reason i'm on this forum!! years ago gamemaster magazine did a pull out feature on it and the back page had a few words from our very own Neil, along with an old school link to hpotd (back when it was on demon.co.uk).

it think it kicks the crap out of the two movies!

This is because it was directed by GAR, unlike the two very impotent farts in the breeze that they used instead of George. (Stupid executives!)

suicide22
14-Aug-2007, 08:45 PM
BIO HAZARD 2 ALTERNATIVE JAPANESE ADVERTISMENT

This is a longer Japanese advertisement to promote the game, during the end of January 1998. This version features interviews with one-time stars; different camera angles of George Romero making the movie. George Romero made a big impact on the Resident Evil franchise, if it wasn't for him I don't think the Anderson movies would have been made at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMX-pNvTlso

suicide22
12-Oct-2007, 12:17 PM
Resident Evil/Bio Hazard 3 Commercial footage from Japan plus value package release for the first two Japanese versions of the games from you tube.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6iC2dRh8jQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfF5FD1WNc&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYVW58ntM8&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--lIW-UYvIQ&mode=related&search=

suicide22
14-Oct-2007, 11:37 AM
These are Resident Evil/Bio Hazard: Code Veronica Japanese commercials.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idX0kODT_tI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGjrnDWXiWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVaOheRdHM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9WAA2ivQEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxnYicmVW3A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1QgSFqLUiY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU21AT7iQzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeHlmpZohM

LivingDeadBeat
21-Oct-2007, 03:59 PM
I still have the Official Playstation Magazine Platinum Special from 98' with a big review on Resident Evil 2, which had an article about Romero and this advert. I'll dig it out some time.

suicide22
26-Nov-2007, 07:35 PM
Biohazard 2 1.5 new video:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C5_t3SjlQq0

suicide22
16-Jan-2008, 01:04 PM
Yesterday on the 1/15/08 Brad Renfro, the young actor who played Leon S Kennedy, in the George Romero resident evil commercial, died of unknown causes at age of 25. You can find information on the celebrity gossip site "TMZ". He will be missed by fans of the series & also because he was a good actor.

http://www.the-horror.com/news/pics/2008%201%2015/brad.jpg

bassman
16-Jan-2008, 01:08 PM
Yesterday on the 1/15/08 Brad Renfro, the young actor who played Leon S Kennedy, in the Resident Evil in the George Romero commercial, died of unknown causes at age of 25. You can find information on the celebrity gossip site "TMZ". He will be missed by fans of the series & also because he was a good actor.

http://www.the-horror.com/news/pics/2008%201%2015/brad.jpg

I just read this, myself. It was most likely a drug related death. He was pretty bad into drugs.

suicide22
16-Jan-2008, 01:22 PM
Maybe we should remember him for been a good actor & starring in the resident evil Japan commercial. He will be always missed.

capncnut
17-Jan-2008, 12:13 PM
He was an okay actor I guess. His best performances will always be Sleepers and Bully.

SymphonicX
17-Jan-2008, 01:43 PM
That Chick Who Plays Claire Is Fiiiiiiiiiiiit