PDA

View Full Version : Iraq - Depressing...

Neil
06-Nov-2006, 08:41 PM
So 40% of the country's professionals have now left the country, and 70% of school children, no longer go to school...

Iraq used to have a very advanced medical system... Now it barely functions...

There was a documentary on here by an Iraqi film maker... That country is a total mess :dead:

_liam_
06-Nov-2006, 08:51 PM
mm. to think it was once one of the first cities, and pioneered a broad range of things, from sausages to batteries. I remain optmistic that the mess will be sorted out.

Neil
06-Nov-2006, 09:00 PM
..and of course the klingon super death ray that was threatening the west still hasn't been found...

...and the ironic thing is, in this country, the only person to have lost their job over this farce is the director of the BBC (Greg Dyke)... And that was just because he was basically calling a duck a duck :)

ProfessorChaos
06-Nov-2006, 09:21 PM
(feelings have changed a bit, so..

previous entry is still quoted below, but time has healed some of my "wounds", so i've chilled out a bit on the matter....)

DjfunkmasterG
06-Nov-2006, 09:53 PM
We should have never went. We were supposed to be hunting Bin Laden... no Suddam.

coma
06-Nov-2006, 11:06 PM
Iraq is a total failure, in my opinion. The place was a disaster when I was deployed there two years ago, and from what my buddies over there now tell me, it's a whole lot worse. To quote Barb from NOTLD '90,

"We should leave, before it's too late."
Thanks for your comments, welcome, and glad you made it back alive and (hopefully) in one Piece.

And you avatar is the BOMB
Ohhh Hamburgers!
LADIDADIDA!

Adrenochrome
07-Nov-2006, 12:52 AM
We should have never went. We were supposed to be hunting Bin Laden... no Suddam.

Exactly!

ProfessorChaos
07-Nov-2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, not only to the site, but back to the good ol' US of A. I am in one piece, thankfully. Glad you appreciate my signature.

I've been checking this site for like three years, but just now decided to get in on all the fun.

Looking forward to lots of in-depth conversations with my fellow gore-hounds.