View Full Version : ** Do HPotD members have any questions for the cast? **

axlish
06-Nov-2006, 09:36 PM
In a couple of days I have an opportunity to visit the set of Diary of the Dead and I will be conducting interviews with cast members. As of right now I am uncertain as to which cast members it will be, but with that in mind, do you have any questions that you'd like me to ask? All questions will be considered.

I will let you know as soon as possible which cast members it will be, if that information becomes available.

Joshua Close ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose", "K19: The Widowmaker") (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208725/)
Michelle Morgan ("Alien Fire") (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1382242/)
Shawn Roberts ("Cheaper By The Dozen 2", "X-Men") (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0731575/)
Joe Dinicol ("Weirdsville") (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227710/)
Phillip Riccio ("Rent-A-Goalie") (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0723299/)
Scott Wentworth ("Elizabeth Rex") (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921137/)

livingdeadboy
06-Nov-2006, 09:58 PM
In a couple of days I have an opportunity to visit the set of Diary of the Dead and I will be conducting interviews with cast members. As of right now I am uncertain as to which cast members it will be, but with that in mind, do you have any questions that you'd like me to ask? All questions will be considered.

I will let you know as soon as possible which cast members it will be, if that information becomes available.

Visiting the set in Ontario huh? You know...I live in Ontario, near Toronto...you might need some help with your interview:D :p

scotty Boy
06-Nov-2006, 10:11 PM
Im always interested to know if any of the cast are fans of the previous 'Dead' films or weather there just in it because of other names or the fame?. So my question would be how do they think this film differs to any of GAR's zombie flicks and do they think it can reach the hieghts as the previous 4?

Ok maybe its a little basic and not really an in-depth question but why not find out the casts thoughts on what could be a truly amazing film.

Neil
06-Nov-2006, 10:18 PM
...and of course most of the cast weren't even born when Dawn was released! What do they make of this grizzly series of films, and the strange cult following Romero has built up.

What were their first experience with a Romero film?

What do they make of the man in the flesh.

With the film being likened to "Blair Witch", is this a fair comparison in its shooting style, or not?

Any particular moment in the shooting that stand out so far?

For Shawn Roberts, what's it like going from a large budget special effects fest like X-Men to a small budget intimate independent production like Diary?

coma
06-Nov-2006, 10:49 PM
I am not trying to sound snotty, but

Do they know anything about GARS legacy or his impact on Film/independant film in particular. Is that what attracted them to this project, or is it just another job.

If you ask that it obviously has to be "niced" up.:)

bassman
06-Nov-2006, 10:52 PM
With all of Romero's "Dead" films, there is an underlying theme or social commentary that reflects the society of the time. What do you consider to be the commentary on today's society in "Diary"?

(I know Romero has already stated his idea....I would just like to know if the actors have different theories or even know what's going on:p )

EDIT: Any chance you'll be able to get some pictures, axlish? It would be cool...I've been waiting to see some.

axlish
06-Nov-2006, 11:06 PM
I'll get some production stills given to me, but I cannot take any pictures.

Debbieangel
06-Nov-2006, 11:59 PM
What are your first impressions being around zombies in the flesh?
Do you like GAR's directing? Does he let you do your character your own way or strictly within the script?
What do you think of the zombie genre?

7feet
07-Nov-2006, 04:55 AM
Working on a film that depicts what might well be a complete change in the direction of our civilization, what do you think would really happen after the events in the film? And how do you think your character would deal with it in the long term?

Doesn't matter if their character lives or dies, how do they think it would end up working? The point being, have they thought enough into the story to know where their character might go? When I work with them, I like actors who give a life to their parts. Not necessarily getting all Marlon Brando on it, but giving a thought to portraying a human being beyond the cutout that is often in almost any script. If an actor is just there to read the words and be a target, you might be in trouble. I'd like to know if they're involved.

Neil
07-Nov-2006, 08:53 AM
From a production point of view is there anything different about these zombies? Unlike "Land" these have got to be uber fresh - being the start of the plague - so any special considerations (eg: makeup wise etc)...

Is there much shooting going on at night? What are the issues with this?

radiokill
07-Nov-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd like some more details on plot and setting...especially setting

suicide22
07-Nov-2006, 12:51 PM
You know I have never been to America or Canada before... it sounds like a good opportunity!:cool: :p :) :cool:

coma
07-Nov-2006, 04:19 PM
Romero said he would be revisiting some of the Zombie Rules. What does he mean by that and what rules?

If they say Brains throw your coffee in their face:p

Gouldy
07-Nov-2006, 05:01 PM
I would like to know what he thinks of other people creating zombie films and using his conventions of zombies in thier own movies

sleepingcorpses
07-Nov-2006, 05:06 PM
"What with the obvious revival of the zombie genre in the past few years, how do you see it developing from now? Do you think it'll go the way of the Vampire genre for example, reaching more toward the sci-fi, action side of the spectrem or do hope the genre stays true to Romero's zombie lore, or perhaps even revisit the old voodo stories?"

Neil
07-Nov-2006, 06:34 PM
Don't forget guys it's looking unlikely that Romero will be available, so questions should be aimed at cast, and maybe if lucky production in general...

Cody
08-Nov-2006, 04:32 AM
ask, if they know HPOTD exists and if they know that this website is the king of zombie sites.

Neil
08-Nov-2006, 02:11 PM
Michelle Morgan - What's it like working as the only (main) female in the cast? Do you get treated as one of the guys? Or looked after like everyone's sister :)

axlish
08-Nov-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the questions, members. I should have something to report in a few days.