View Full Version : More News...

Gouldy
07-Nov-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi this is one of my first posts, just wanted to say hi to everyone. My name's Daniel and im a good friend of Scotty boy. I love zombie films esspecially Romero's films so this is a good place for me.

I was reading though some threads on other website and i found someone claiming to have a friend on the set of 'Diary Of The Dead', and this is what he has been told : 'If you guys havent known this Diary will be a prequal, then after he is done this he is making World of the Dead which is the final one. However I believe he should of did World first then Diary.'

I hope this is knew news to everyone and not me being annoying.

sirjacktorrance
07-Nov-2006, 10:48 PM
is world of the dead going to be done??mmm i don´t think that´s gonna happen...romero said that "land was invisible" and he does not want to work with big studios anymore...

Cody
08-Nov-2006, 04:34 AM
^^ im glad

Gouldy
08-Nov-2006, 12:04 PM
is world of the dead going to be done??mmm i don´t think that´s gonna happen...romero said that "land was invisible" and he does not want to work with big studios anymore...

But nobody said it was going to be made with a big studio :confused:
Its just something i heard and it does sound like a good idea for a final film.

sirjacktorrance
08-Nov-2006, 02:16 PM
don´t get me wrong! i would love to see world happening,but now i have lost the hope. and more now with all the "diary new frachise "affair... but if that is true i will buy a jack daniels bottle and get a party!!:D

scotty Boy
08-Nov-2006, 06:23 PM
I would love to see world be made, but realistically will GAR make it that far?? i mean he is smoking however many fags it is a day! Obvioulsy im not wishing upon this, in fact far from but will the man hold out? Lets hope so

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 04:16 AM
Hi this is one of my first posts, just wanted to say hi to everyone. My name's Daniel and im a good friend of Scotty boy...

...'If you guys havent known this Diary will be a prequal, then after he is done this he is making World of the Dead which is the final one.

Nice to meet another Kent dweller :) , welcome to the madness...

As much as I would love to see 'World' made, I dont think it will happen as GAR is concentrating on his new Dead franchise 'Diary' which is set in a totally different universe altogether. As GAR currently owns no rights to the original Dead series, he has crafted a new one to make him some money back. Land was a very modest box office taker and I think it will be some time before he tries to follow it up with a finale. He may have ideas though.

Gouldy
09-Nov-2006, 07:46 AM
Nice to meet another Kent dweller :) , welcome to the madness...

As much as I would love to see 'World' made, I dont think it will happen as GAR is concentrating on his new Dead franchise 'Diary' which is set in a totally different universe altogether. As GAR currently owns no rights to the original Dead series, he has crafted a new one to make him some money back. Land was a very modest box office taker and I think it will be some time before he tries to follow it up with a finale. He may have ideas though.

I thought this film was a kind of set around the same time as 'NOTLD'. I read a summery of the plot on a website which said:

''The film will follow a group of college students who are in the process of making a horror film. When news of the dead returning to life goes public, the group decides to get actual footage of the zombies in action.''

Which to me seems to be the same time as NOTLD

Philly_SWAT
09-Nov-2006, 12:41 PM
I dont think it will happen as GAR is concentrating on his new Dead franchise 'Diary' which is set in a totally different universe altogether.

I thought it was set in the same universe, just at the beginning of the problem, like Night.

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 08:51 PM
I thought it was set in the same universe, just at the beginning of the problem, like Night.

Here's a little something from Fangoria:

October 30: First report on DIARY OF THE DEAD!

On the outskirts of Toronto’s grimy West End, deep in the bowels of an industrial warehouse space, legendary writer/director George A. Romero is already spleen-deep in the thick of a four-week shooting schedule for DIARY OF THE DEAD, his latest on screen foray into frenetic, socially volatile, flesheating mayhem. DIARY charts the terrifying misadventures of a roving Winnebago-load of fresh-faced film students (including LAND OF THE DEAD’s Shawn Roberts, pictured with Simon Baker, and THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE’s Joshua Close), who unexpectedly find themselves documenting, first-hand, the grisly apocalyptic genesis of yet another unstoppable undead revolution. Though DIARY OF THE DEAD promises plenty of the traditional extreme splatter, pulse-pounding action and razor-sharp satire that sets Romero’s DEAD films apart from the putrid pack, the filmmaker notes that this latest gut-muncher is aiming to be something a bit different.

“DIARY OF THE DEAD talks a lot about the media and this electronic eye that’s everywhere out there, all the time,” Romero says. “And the main character—well, you don’t ever even see this guy; he’s a voyeur. The film argues about the importance of media, and the status of someone in that position; it’s an entirely new take on my themes.”

The movie can’t be considered a true chronological installment of the DEAD cycle (consisting of 1968’s NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, 1979’s DAWN OF THE DEAD, 1985’s DAY OF THE DEAD and 2004’s LAND OF THE DEAD), but should rather be seen as an attempt to re-establish the zombie mythos and kick-start an all-new franchise. Abandoning traditional third-person cinematic narrative, DIARY (which is budgeted at just under $5 million) is being shot in a first-person, faux documentary fashion and in many ways appears to be Romero’s skin-ripping, politically charged answer to the shaky-cam antics of THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT. But the maverick genre auteur is quick to dispel any comparisons to that Sundance-approved horror hit.

“It’s not BLAIR WITCH and my style is not BLAIR WITCH, and its not a purely visceral thing,” says Romero. “My style is arch and theatrical, where BLAIR WITCH went for ultra-realism. Even though it is shot first-person, I’m trying to maintain the artifice and make some potent comments about the observer—while still supplying lots of nasty zombie stuff.”

Marking Romero’s highly anticipated return to his lower-budget, independent roots after the tepid-grossing, studio-backed LAND OF THE DEAD, DIARY—co-produced by frequent Romero collaborator Peter Grunwald and featuring FX courtesy of KNB EFX’s Greg Nicotero and Neil (SAW III) Morrill—is aiming for a spring 2007 theatrical release. Be sure to keep your bloodshot eyes glued to this site and the pages of FANGORIA for exclusive, in-depth behind-the-scenes coverage and a sneak peek at all the ghoulish, gory glory. —Chris Alexander

Deaths_Shadow
10-Nov-2006, 12:07 AM
That would be great if that could happen. Fingers crossed. :)