PDA

View Full Version : GOP: "Rumsfeld Stepping Down" - what a glorious day!

DjfunkmasterG
08-Nov-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15622266/

Republican officials report he is going to step down. Read the story above for more details.

Top story on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/

Dropper
08-Nov-2006, 05:44 PM
Don't know if this is a glorious day or not, but I will welcome the change of pace. Maybe we'll get our collective heads out of the sand and fix the problem of Iraq and other places.

dmbfanintn
08-Nov-2006, 06:04 PM
Dubba dunt, dunt, dunt, ....another one bite's the dust-ah!

In the famous words of Lil' John:

YAAYY-UH!

Purge
08-Nov-2006, 06:31 PM
Ah--the Republican worm writhes in anguish. :elol: :cool: :)

DVW5150
08-Nov-2006, 08:35 PM
He was the dumb zombie , that preferred dead flesh . Stumbling along , done crapped its pants , just a dumb stench . It's as if Andy (Andys Gun store)himself put one through its head , from 370 meters : " Hey , what about Dick Cheney ? " ...." Nah , give 'em somthin' hard ." :moon:

Tied2thetracks
08-Nov-2006, 08:59 PM
Why are you jumping up and down? We are trading one crook for another, A CIA guy I understand. We need a military guy in that position.

The USA let me down today in a lot of ways.

Tricky
08-Nov-2006, 11:20 PM
So what happens now?do your liberals pull the troops out & leave our British soldiers with their arses hanging out in the breeze?

Khardis
10-Nov-2006, 02:48 PM
So what happens now?do your liberals pull the troops out & leave our British soldiers with their arses hanging out in the breeze?

Most likely they will try, but the Troops stay if Bush wants them to stay. Congress can only try to cut funding. If they do that though while the troops are there they will seal thier doom as a political party.

I am more worried about the coming Amnesty for the 10 million illegals bedding down in the country and the new open borders policy the Republicans dont have the numbers to repel anymore.

dmbfanintn
10-Nov-2006, 03:07 PM

Is that what you equate the resignation of Rumsfeld to? Liberals leaving the brits with arses hanging out.

Yep, that is exactly what the DEMOCRATIC (:D :D damn that looks good!) controlled gubment of the US is now going to do! Now that Rummy is gone, of course!

You haven't heard, the troops are already coming home! We should have every American troop out of Iraq by Sunday morning, just in time for church.

Yep, good thing Rummy resigned, now we can "cut and run" like we have been wanting to do all along!

You people amaze me, you honestly believe that crap. You really believe that since the Dems took control, that they are ging to just pack up and leave Iraq.

Let's just wait and see if that happens!

Tricky
11-Nov-2006, 12:50 PM
Sorry i didnt mean to sound offensive there,and i didnt mean just because rumsfeld has gone.The impression i got from these elections is that the bush administration now has no real power & the opposition are practically running the place.The Iraq war has always been the top of the oppositions agenda & they've made no secret that they want to bring the troops home.
The war is constantly been referred to as another vietnam,and an american withdrawal would conjure up images of the ARVN trying to hold the NVA back in the last months of that war,but this time it would be the british & iraqi security forces trying to hold back the insurgents & probably the iranian army...

Khardis
12-Nov-2006, 12:42 AM
Sorry i didnt mean to sound offensive there,and i didnt mean just because rumsfeld has gone.The impression i got from these elections is that the bush administration now has no real power & the opposition are practically running the place.The Iraq war has always been the top of the oppositions agenda & they've made no secret that they want to bring the troops home.
The war is constantly been referred to as another vietnam,and an american withdrawal would conjure up images of the ARVN trying to hold the NVA back in the last months of that war,but this time it would be the british & iraqi security forces trying to hold back the insurgents & probably the iranian army...

Bush has no power domestically now pretty much. But he is the leader of the military, so he can keep them there as long as he wants to. Congress couldnt force him to bring them home. However they CAN try to cut funding for the war, but as I have said elsewhere, doing that while the troops are in battle will basically murder the democrats in the eyes of the public forever.

coma
12-Nov-2006, 05:11 PM
Bush has no power domestically now pretty much. But he is the leader of the military, so he can keep them there as long as he wants to. Congress couldnt force him to bring them home. However they CAN try to cut funding for the war, but as I have said elsewhere, doing that while the troops are in battle will basically murder the democrats in the eyes of the public forever.
They are not goung to cut funding. They could cut funding in a year and give them time to wrap it up. THinking they would, say, cut tommorow and leave there asses in the wind is never going to happen.
The Democrats could only force their agennda with a 60% Senate. which they dont have. Thats the only way to overide any veto. With the 51% they can set the agenda however.

The war will continue to drag on, but with Bush and Co stupidity in check and questioned. The defacto dictatirship is kaput.

Some suggest that but Vietnam was a war with a front and a guerilla war at the same time. The Iraq war is primarilly a guerilla war. I dont think Iran would get directly involved because if they engae Americans with uniformed Army they wil get the sh!t bombed out of them.
Does anyone really think that the UK army is there for any reason than to support America (actually Bush)? If we leave, they will leave. There are not nearly as many British there. According to every Soldier Account I have ever read, the Iraqi anrmy is useless and the only place they lead battles is in the press releases. The US has little political will to remain in Iraq and I bet the UK has next to none.

In cidentally the Democrats do not take control until Jan 1st, so the GOP still has another month and a half to screw everthing up. Yippie!