PDA

View Full Version : Banning books about banning books.

_liam_
08-Nov-2006, 09:48 PM
http://www.glumbert.com/media/bookban

oh deary, deary me. so the bad guys in a book burn a bible, amongst other books.

and this is offensive to christians how?

maybe we should ban history books about the crusades that detail christian soldiers being killed.

bah

besides, ok so YOU don't have to read it, why ban it for everyone else?

the nerve these people have.

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2006, 09:54 PM
*yeeeuggh*

I despise this sort of retarded censorship, just because a couple of pissy Christians hate the book, doesn't mean they should be able to ban it, so what, one of the books burned is the Bible?! So...

What about scholars, literature-enthusiasts, fellow authors, athiests, people from other religions?

For cryin' out loud ... it's a freakin book! :mad:

deadpunk
08-Nov-2006, 10:02 PM
what would be terribly ironic is: if the Christians bought up all the copies they could and burned them. Then, with sales up and the author sitting on a fat load of cash, the publishing house decides to re-issue the book in a special collector edition :)

Ahhhhhh...only in a perfect world....

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2006, 10:14 PM
what would be terribly ironic is: if the Christians bought up all the copies they could and burned them. Then, with sales up and the author sitting on a fat load of cash, the publishing house decides to re-issue the book in a special collector edition :)

Ahhhhhh...only in a perfect world....
I would actually funking love that to happen. :evil:

That'd be pure genius.

coma
08-Nov-2006, 10:26 PM
They don't need a book to "downgarde christians" they do just fine all on their own.
Oh, the death of irony.

I got an idea. If you dont want to look like a redneck irgnoramus, don't become a sterotype.

"there is no reason to read this book"
Man.

What about all the incest in the old testament? It's OK cause God says you can bone your sister?!?!?

_liam_
08-Nov-2006, 10:44 PM
lol i loved that - "secondly, there's no reason to read it..." AIRTIGHT.
you're on television man, for christ's sake!(literally), try thinking about what you're saying..

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 01:11 AM
What a joke! I don't see how a book on this subject can be deemed ban-worthy? Me personally, I wish they would ban censorship! For the last 20 years I've had re-occurring nightmares about that old hag Mary Whitehouse and I wake up in cold sweats! :mad:

coma
09-Nov-2006, 01:38 AM
What a joke! I don't see how a book on this subject can be deemed ban-worthy? Me personally, I wish they would ban censorship! For the last 20 years I've had re-occurring nightmares about that old hag Mary Whitehouse and I wake up in cold sweats! :mad:
I dont know who Maty Whitehouse is, but when I hear some one talking about censorship I want to punch them in the mouth. POW!
Ever notice how Artists almost nerver want censorship no matter how soft they are. All these censors never produced s**t. They just take
When I hear all this violent videogame junk thats going around I wanna puke and aImost never Play video games
That clip would be funny is it wasn't actually a real threat. Theres a lot of those total morons here and they actually get listened to.

Maybe they should stop having Crank fueled Gay Massages and pay attention to their kids.

And that girl was kinda uggo.:evil:

Adrenochrome
09-Nov-2006, 02:13 AM
Christians, man....*picks nose*.....they creep me out.

I wish I could live to see a time when they are long forgotten.

Kaos
09-Nov-2006, 03:53 AM
Christians, man....*picks nose*.....they creep me out.

I wish I could live to see a time when they are long forgotten.

Just like there are muslims who don't believe in terrorism, there are christians who don't believe in censorship. Your post can be construed as a bait for flaming using religion. I am an agnostic, and I am trying to be fair to everyone. According to the FAQ I can remove your post, but what I would rather do is leave this post as an example of what not to say.

We have some very good members here who happen to be christians. We have very good members here who happen to be satanists. Neither these nor any other religion will be criticized in this manner at HPOTD.

This topic is closed.