PDA

View Full Version : Movies made into a Video Game ...

DVW5150
09-Nov-2006, 04:52 AM
They have always done an adaptation fo a game to a movie . Usually , it doesnt do well . I think that what goes wrong is the strength of the originator ideas . Doom obviously is an example of corporate schills wanting to milk the Gaming teat . I was speaking chat with Captnspauding , Kortick , and someone else about adapting Road Warrior to not just a video game , but along the style of Half life 2 , Doom3 ( the outdoors mars settings ) , and sort of Black ...I dont know about game design or can barely render in Paint (lol) but my concern for retaining the dark feel of the character Max is very crucial . Combining the collapse of the worlds civilization , Nuclear exchanges , plague ( zombies? nah , maybe ) the murder of Max's family & friends could begin the dvdrom In cutscene form . But somehow cut from the filmed beginning to the blower of Max's interceptor like Road Warrior would be a nice start to beginning the game in a real nasty exchange of Road WAR . The Gangs , not just the 'Humungus' would have to be in greater number , the cities that were nuked were on other major continents besides Austrailia ... somehow the Govt collapse effected the nuclear exchange , making it limited . Well , I am very interested in what anyone has to offer along lines of an idea like this . If done with George Miller (maybe GAR ?) it could be great . I have thought that Valve and /or id software , Activision would have great artistic contributors . I think Mel Gibson has some copywright to some of the franchise , but I think that either Colin Farrel , or Christian Bale would do nicely not just for motion capture for Max but vocally very well ... Desolate , horrorfying , low on gas ...:skull:

Cody
09-Nov-2006, 05:12 AM
games into movies always suck. movies into games always suck.

DeadJonas190
09-Nov-2006, 06:08 AM
They made that game already, it's called Auto Assault. It is fun for a few weeks but loses lustre very fast.

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 06:22 AM
I was speaking chat with Captnspauding , Kortick , and someone else about adapting Road Warrior to not just a video game , but along the style of Half life 2 , Doom3 ( the outdoors mars settings ) , and sort of Black...

Yeah, we discussed this earlier and a whole mish-mash of ideas came up. More notably the emphasis on the fuel shortage (syphon derelict cars and trucks for a drop of the precious 'guzzlene', some of which could be booby trapped), rampaging gangs, vast wastelands with a few big cities and oil refineries on the map, even a bare knuckle fighting mini game for cash at the Thunderdome. I think it would be a good idea. Just ponder the vehicles; from the clapped out to the pimped up, biker fights Road Rash style and the Gyro Captain's 'copter could all make an appearance.

Will this game ever come out though? Not f**king likely mate! :D

Eyebiter
09-Nov-2006, 09:25 AM
Think at this point the closest your going to get is FALLOUT 2

bassman
09-Nov-2006, 12:04 PM
movies into games always suck.

"Goldeneye" on N64, anyone?:D

Eyebiter
09-Nov-2006, 02:22 PM
Some of the Star Wars and Star Trek games weren't too bad.

capncnut
09-Nov-2006, 07:06 PM
games into movies always suck.

Say what? Silent Hill was great and so was the Street Fighter animation.

movies into games always suck.

Er, The Thing? The Warriors? Goldeneye? Star Wars? :confused:

Cody
09-Nov-2006, 08:17 PM
ok ok ok golden eye for n64 rocked the socks, totally didnt think of that.

_liam_
09-Nov-2006, 09:09 PM
well there's alway an exception, but it's safe to say that 90% of film adaps suck.

they go about it in the wrong way. on average a movie will only have a few bits that you would want to play in a game, meaning the tie in game is gonna be dull in places. also they have to get them out on the shelves quickly so theyre a little rushed.

i think GTA: san andreas and indeed the GTA series in general had the right idea - there are set pieces pilfered from terminator 2, scarface, speed, tons of cool movies. basically by pilfering & condensing all of these elements of other movies into one game, you make a much stronger game than the adaptations of these respective films could be on their own.

take tomb raider. why make a film of that when it's basically a post modern spin on indiana jones. are the tomb raider movies better than the indy movies? nah, but the tomb raider games are better than the indy games.

ditto resident evil, which was romero movies.

and doom was basically aliens with a bit of diabolism thrown in.

the main problem seems to be that they HAVE TO totally abandon the concepts & look of whatever game they adapt into a film. it's like they forget why they optioned the license in the first place. i guess it's just a brand name to build on, and they dont make it too faithful for fear of bewildering non-fans.

HOWEVER

final fantasy: advent children was very good.

DVW5150
10-Nov-2006, 01:38 AM
Its never gonna be made ... but it could be good if it was done right ... dangit! :lol:What I really think is important , that the structure of the dvd-rom/game would be open ended exploring between missions , like GTA: San Andreas .
The gyro captain (Bruce Spence) "Betcha self ah gut myself some gasoline? Eh? V8 ! "...Max replies , " Touch those tanks and boom ..." Anyway , at the very least that film will always be in my top ten best of all time , the game idea is just too almagumated ... such is life .