PDA

View Full Version : A way around this?

Adolf Kitler
11-Nov-2006, 09:58 PM
Edit: Nevermind. I found a way around my problem without making a ass of myself.

deadpunk
12-Nov-2006, 05:08 AM
But...now you have this empty thread started. You should pick something to talk about here :p

How about: Any way around this?
Why is it Romero's zombies seem to possess enough superhuman strength that they can literally rip a body limb from limb, yet they can't seem to break through the most feeble of barricades? I've never understood the paradox there.

Philly_SWAT
12-Nov-2006, 12:49 PM
But...now you have this empty thread started. You should pick something to talk about here :p

Why is it Romero's zombies seem to possess enough superhuman strength that they can literally rip a body limb from limb, yet they can't seem to break through the most feeble of barricades? I've never understood the paradox there.

I have the perfect explanation. How come an ordinary living person car lift a 2,000 pound car off of their child which is trapped underneath, but cant come close to lifting anything close to that weight at any other time? Adrenaline, a desire to save their child which supercedes everything else, even your own will to live, whatever, it is documented that things like this have actually happened. Well, a zombie may have a similiar thing going on when it is actually in the middle of a feeding frenzy. It may not be adrenaline, but some zombie-specific thing that allows it this super-zombie strength. Until the warm flesh is hitting its mouth, it has normal, weak zombie strength, not even able to smash thru a weak barricade, but once that blood hits its lips, look out, its on!

Deadman_Deluxe
12-Nov-2006, 12:53 PM

How about a one word answer? Bloodlust.

Barricades are inedible, not what they are in pursuit of, and not as exciting as the red red kroovy ... which is the only thing on their "mind" so to speak.

On another note, don't they ALWAYS break through "the most feeble of barricades" anyways?

scotty Boy
12-Nov-2006, 04:31 PM
i had never thought about that before, but Phillys explaination was spot on me thinks.

What wuld happen if we bit a zombie? would we still be infected or would that zombie turn into a human haha what a stupid question

Deadman_Deluxe
13-Nov-2006, 01:41 PM
i had never thought about that before, but Phillys explaination was spot on me thinks.

In humans, the adrenal glands are found at the level of the 12th thoracic vertebra and receive their blood supply from the adrenal arteries.

Given that adrenaline is released into the bloodstream for distribution, it would be all but useless in a corpse with no functioning heart and no way to distribute the adrenaline rich blood, my money is still on a more basic, primitive type of bloodlust.

deadpunk
13-Nov-2006, 04:51 PM
On another note, don't they ALWAYS break through "the most feeble of barricades" anyways?

Not until the bloodlust gets upon them :)

Philly_SWAT
13-Nov-2006, 08:05 PM
In humans, the adrenal glands are found at the level of the 12th thoracic vertebra and receive their blood supply from the adrenal arteries.

Given that adrenaline is released into the bloodstream for distribution, it would be all but useless in a corpse with no functioning heart and no way to distribute the adrenaline rich blood, my money is still on a more basic, primitive type of bloodlust.

As a typed in my response above, I used adrenaline in reference to a living being, not the living dead. Just to make sure that wasnt misunderstood, I put in an extra line to show how I wasnt suggesting that the living dead were experiencing adrenaline surges.

Well, a zombie may have a similiar thing going on when it is actually in the middle of a feeding frenzy. It may not be adrenaline, but some zombie-specific thing that allows it this super-zombie strength.
Then the next sentence said what I thought was the cause

Until the warm flesh is hitting its mouth, it has normal, weak zombie strength, not even able to smash thru a weak barricade, but once that blood hits its lips, look out, its on!
Seems to me that I was in fact describing "bloodlust", yet it seems as if you are saying you think something different than me, although it seems we think the same thing.

Deadman_Deluxe
14-Nov-2006, 12:40 PM
Then it is agreed sir. Bloodlust it is! ;)

We shall attribute the surge in strength while at the "feed scene" to a dark and primitive bloodlust!

The Alive Man
14-Nov-2006, 01:35 PM
???

What's going on here?

Philly_SWAT
14-Nov-2006, 01:45 PM
???

What's going on here?
A discussion on an internet message board......:elol:

The Alive Man
14-Nov-2006, 02:07 PM
Touché.