PDA

View Full Version : The POINT about LAND is that...

The Alive Man
13-Nov-2006, 06:17 PM
... its'a an excellent, magniloquent SCI-FI MOVIE with some gore scenes "thrown in the middle" to add a realistic "feel" about the "creatures" (and not for the sake of the average horror fan).

While NIGHT was almost a thriller (do not shot me for this, it's the way I feel, respect me if you can), and DAWN was a real horror movie featuring some very good action scenes, DAY represented the very first attempt to steer the saga towards a more sci-fi approach (despite the gorey final "confrontation").

LAND completed the process, rounded it up, and came to a full fruition.

I love the way Romero is going to shoot DIARY. It will be an even-increasingly different stab to the genre. Sort of a cross bewteen a DOCU-DRAMA and a "proper" horror (?) movie.

In LAND, I loved the sci-fi approach, the setting, the interplay between the characters. The gore scenes were very scarceful (and YES, I watched the unrated Director's cut), because the DEAD weren't anymore a pivotal point, but one of the many essential components.

Definitely, LAND was a fresco, an artistic landscape (no pun intended) made of colorful shades.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 04:36 AM
Day and night could both definitely have been twighlight zone episodes because the focus was put heavily on the human aspect. How in their interaction they grew more paranoid, confrontational suspicious of each other. Definitely the the things that make up a great thriller.