PDA

View Full Version : disaster: day of crisis

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 06:26 PM
for those who dont know tis a nintendo wii game thats one of the mor emature ones, its been compared a little like farcry meets alan wake, which cant be bad.

heres the wiki

Disaster: Day of Crisis is a game currently in development by Monolith Soft to be published by Nintendo for the Wii as part of their initiative to create new franchises for Nintendo.

It is a survival game, where the basic object is to live through various natural disasters, and escape alive. It is one of the more anticipated games for the Wii. According to Nintendo, the game will feature "Cutting-edge physics and gripping visuals" to re-create the sheer terror of major catastrophes. [1] New footage of the game shown at Nintendo World shows the hero in a third-person shooting mode.

Disasters, according to the official Nintendo website, include an earthquake, a volcanic eruption, and a tsunami. Game functions include driving, survival, and foot missions.

The player will take control of Ray, a former member of an elite rescue task force, and not only will Ray have to face nature, but also an unknown group of rogues who have taken advantage of the catastrophic events and seized a nuclear weapon.
heres the gamespot link http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/strategy/disasterdayofcrisis/index.html

sounds like one for use dead rising fans, i cant wait, apparently youll use the wii remote to make fire and stuff to survive which sounds awesome, plus given a nukes in the plot maybe itll have a sequel were you have to survive a fallout or something.

MikePizzoff
14-Nov-2006, 06:33 PM
This game sounds freakin awesome! I only wish you played as Charleton Heston! :lol:

Danny
14-Nov-2006, 06:34 PM
all it needs is online play vs bruce lee:lol:

capncnut
14-Nov-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, I guess it's safe to say this is BOUGHT! I will have to see a bit more mind.

all it needs is online play vs bruce lee:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terran
15-Nov-2006, 04:43 AM
Dang jsut when I think that the Wii couldnt get any more exciting it does!!...

Its nice to see more "mature" themed games showing up for the Nintendo....

I got a feeling Nintendo might get a good deal of games from smaller developers like Monolith Soft that truly try to be innovative in their ideas, game play, and game designs (A lot of new aspects to explore with that controller). All these smaller companies would not be able to afford utilizing The 360 and P$3 graphics...

So a system like the Wii is going to be very appealing to a lot of developers because they can save costs on avoiding EXPENSIVE garish detail that hardly effect game play so they can afford to make a solid playing deeply interactive epic that sells to a very-very large market, based on the current Wii preorder stats so far....:p

The development costs of "super graphics" games are a bit to steep to endure unless every one of them is a complete hit and sells a lot of copies... Hmm this idea just spurned on a different post….Ill post it in a new thread so you may want to hold responses for that thread because they are related but definitely a tangent.

Danny
15-Nov-2006, 07:26 PM
acutually disaster looks pretty cool, graphically its like forbidden siren but less grainy though the main protagonist looks too much like the dude from resi 0 for my liking.