PDA

View Full Version : Halo3 screen shots!!!!!

Bubdotd
16-Nov-2006, 07:08 PM
Heres the link!!!:D

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3144308

(These are not the final graphics its a prototype it will look way much better and the graphics are already better then halo2 lol)

In game screen shots for multiplayer!!!! (they will not reveal campaign...)

Danny
16-Nov-2006, 07:49 PM
very nice i think, around oblivion level or a bit higher, cant wait for thsi game, but since its pretty much accepted this aint the last ever halo game what do you reckons gonna come after this, besides halo wars o 'course.

Bubdotd
16-Nov-2006, 07:50 PM
there going to make more "Halo's" but not the same story arc (master cheif and w/e)

new characters.. they are going to change the name of the game and stuff.

Danny
16-Nov-2006, 07:54 PM
id like to see a halo mmofps game thatd kick ass.

Bubdotd
16-Nov-2006, 07:55 PM
so how do you like the look of the new maps,weapons and vehicles?

awesome huh?

This game is going to be so awesome... i cant wait.:D :D

CoinReturn
16-Nov-2006, 09:54 PM
The screenshots look good, but that article informed me of something much better: multiplayer beta this spring!

- Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta -- Spring 2007: While the release doesn't go into specifics about how the multiplayer demo will be distributed -- it will be available in Spring of 2007 -- it does promise that "Through the resulting feedback, Bungie Studios will be able to further refine and hone the end result of Halo 3." Will the demo be distributed over Xbox Live? Will this be a beta that you pay incrementally for? Could it be a software or hardware pack-in? Playing Halo 3 multiplayer early is good news, but how will we get it?

- Halo 2 Xbox 360 Exclusive Content -- Spring 2007: New multiplayer maps (yeah, it's plural in the official PR) are headed to Halo 2 exclusively for the Xbox 360 (sorry to still-using Xbox gamers) this spring.

- The first Halo 3 television ad will air on Dec. 4: The 60-second spot will air during the Dec. 4 ESPN Monday Night Football game. The spot will be made available for Xbox 360 users to download via the Xbox Live Marketplace. In the wake of the spot, the second video documentary of Halo 3's creation will be released with new music from Marty O'Donnell.

Danny
16-Nov-2006, 10:04 PM
a december 4th ad, so how long till the release?, im guessing 6 months.

Bubdotd
16-Nov-2006, 10:10 PM
nice.. a multiplayer demo:D

cant wait

capncnut
16-Nov-2006, 10:30 PM
*rubs hands with devilish glee*

Bunker65
17-Nov-2006, 03:40 AM
a december 4th ad, so how long till the release?, im guessing 6 months.

As far as I've heard the release date is sometime in November 2007. They love making us wait in anticipation, don't they :D.

DeadJonas190
17-Nov-2006, 04:00 AM
Eh, it looks pretty, but it probably won't live up to the hype like Halo 2. I just can't get excited about it. I looked at those screens the other day when 1up posted them and couldn't get excited. I felt as if I should be excited, but after the dissapointment from Halo 2 I just couldn't. Don't get me wrong, I really like Halo 2, it just didn't live up to the hype. I know that if I have a 360 when Halo 3 comes out I will buy it and if I don't have one I will definatly buy Halo 3 when I get one.

Danny
17-Nov-2006, 11:53 AM
i know even though i love halo 2 and it was a great story mode it just didnt feel as epic as the first, which is funny considering the expansive area covered in it rather than just halo, i myself preferred the fighting on earth to the delta halo levels.
cant wait for halo 3 i anna know what the deal was with cortana and the gravemind, though im guessing all halo 2 fans are, though everyone on the official forums reckon and are probably right that the forerunners were a type of higher evolved humans.
guess theres some stargate fans at bungie:p

Bunker65
17-Nov-2006, 03:14 PM
The screenshots look good, but that article informed me of something much better: multiplayer beta this spring!

Here's a full article from Xbox.com adding some to the info you posted:

Newsflash:
Halo Nation Prepares to Finish the Fight
Redmond—On the fifth anniversary of the release of the landmark Xbox® video game Halo®, Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today celebrated the milestone by announcing an exclusive hands-on experience with Halo 3, one of the industry's most anticipated sequels. The Xbox Live® multiplayer public beta, which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of Halo 3, is scheduled for availability in spring 2007 exclusively on Xbox 360™.

In addition, Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie confirmed today that consumers will be able to experience the Halo universe this holiday season through a one-time airing of a stirring, 60-second Halo 3 teaser ad. Finally, it was announced that new, premium downloadable content for Halo 2, exclusive to Xbox 360, is scheduled for release in spring 2007.

"The Halo Nation has a nearly insatiable desire," said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp. "We hope a taste of advance Halo 3 gameplay satisfies some of their appetite as we count down to the launch later in 2007."

Technical and Gameplay Advances
Expanding on everything that has made the Halo franchise so widely recognized, the final version of Halo 3 will provide a wealth of technical and gameplay advancements, available only through Xbox 360, the leading next-generation video game entertainment system.

"This is the perfect time to invite fans
to join the global Halo phenomenon."
—Shane Kim, Microsoft Game Studios

Via the Xbox Live multiplayer public beta, a first of its kind for the Halo franchise, play online and participate in a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience. This beta also represents an opportunity for gamers worldwide to participate in the development of the game. Through the resulting feedback, Bungie Studios will be able to further refine and hone the end result of Halo 3.

Unveiled earlier this year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the trilogy, an international award-winning action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.7 million units worldwide, which equals nearly $700 million in sales, and logging in excess of 800 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live.

One Time Only
On December 4, the special 60-second Halo 3 advertising spot will be broadcast—one time only—on ESPN's Monday Night Football. The ad, created by advertising agency McCann Erickson, provides a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of Halo 3.

Easily one of the most anticipated ads of the year, it promises to be the biggest event in appointment advertising this year. It underscores the innovative approach and driving influence the Halo franchise has commanded. The television spot will also be available for download exclusively for Xbox 360 users via Xbox Live Marketplace.

In addition, gamers who have jumped in to Xbox 360 will be able to join legions of Xbox fans next spring in all-new multiplayer maps for Halo 2 available for download through Xbox Live Marketplace. The exclusive Halo 2 content will bring new experiences and excitement to the seminal sequel that made entertainment retail history in its first 24 hours—with $125 million in sales—and that boasts more than four billion online matches since its release in November 2004.

Global Phenomenon
"Since its original release, Halo 2 has redefined online play, delivering superior multiplayer capabilities in addition to an incredible social experience, and nurturing a constantly growing community through Xbox Live," said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "After five years of rabid fan interest in the Halo franchise, with more than four million users and counting on Xbox Live worldwide, this is the perfect time to invite fans to join the global Halo phenomenon."

Next-generation high-definition visuals, enhanced artificial intelligence, an advanced real-time lighting engine, and new weapons, characters, and challenges are just a few examples of the evolution of design and technology in Halo 3. These improvements are designed to provide an unparalleled experience and tell an even more compelling and engrossing story.

Working in concert with Xbox Live on Xbox 360, Halo 3 builds on the unique social multiplayer experience of Halo 2 and promises to expand the innovative and evolving online gameplay and community of Halo 2 on Xbox Live. In this third chapter of the trilogy, Master Chief returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant, the Flood and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.

Link to article: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/20061116-halonation.htm

Tullaryx
17-Nov-2006, 04:03 PM
A November 2007 release would be the best bet. The first two games came out during that month, plus it'll be on time for the start of the holiday season. I think that month is best for them after what Halo 2 did in its release date of Nov. 14, 2005: 2.38 millions units sold for around $125million dollars in its first 24-hours.

I think despite some of the grumblings, and its really some and not alot since it was the hardcore of the hardcore who complained (the ubervirgins of virgins), but the majority of players still play and love it to this day. I think the third game will break that record and may be the first game to sell 3million units in a 24-hour period.

Bubdotd
19-Nov-2006, 12:53 AM
man... i keep hearing more leaks i dont know whats true and whats lies...:confused:

oh well soon we will get offical info from bungie.:D

capncnut
19-Nov-2006, 05:04 AM
Okay guys, here's a few tidbits I managed to cut and paste:

"Over the past few days, gaming websites were flooded with Halo information: news about the Halo movie, about Halo 3 pre-orders and about Halo 3 multiplayer details. But there was no news about the single player campaigns. Now, your wait is over as some singleplayer campaign details have been revealed, via the latest issue of EGM. A 20-second singleplayer preview was shown to the magazine, in which Master Chief was demolishing a huge compound. He used gunfire to tear the place down, as computerandvideogames.com reports.

That was the only singleplayer information revealed, but there are more multiplayer goodies for you. All the so-called military ranks and voting options have been revealed. Also, according to the magazine, game settings such as speed can be assigned to individual players, with gravity and weapons players available for tweaking. The Needler is no longer dual-wieldable, but Bungie announced that they will develop a new version of the weapon, a stronger and more balanced version.

Details about Halo 3, weapons vehicles and control came via subscriber issues of Swedish LEVEL magazine. Some new weapons will be introduced in Halo 3, including a Spartan Laser gun, along with some Spike grenades and spikers. The Spartan Laser gun will be unique as it will have the ability to disable any vehicle with one shot. The grenades will stick to walls, and will shoot out nails when they explode. Players will be able to see the spiker, some sort of a melee weapon, when it's strapped to the characters' back. Gamers will have some new means of transportation in Halo 3, as the Mongoose will be introduced. This vehicle is a type of quad bike that can carry two people; the only downside is that it will not be armed in any way.

Some levels of Halo 3 were also introduced, but these are similar to levels in Halo 2. Valhala, High Ground and Snowbound, the new levels, seem to look like Blood Gulch, Zanzibat and Frost Bite. The multiplayer mode was also addressed, and it will have a new feature called Man Cannon. Also, the functions of the X button have been enhanced, receiving some multiplayer functionality. What exactly will it do was not revealed yet.

Unfortunately, PC and PlayStation gamers will not enjoy this new release from Bungie, as the game will be exclusive to the Xbox 360. An official release date for the game was not yet revealed, but some online gaming shops have already started to accept pre-orders."

Danny
19-Nov-2006, 05:03 PM
i just thought id add season one of red vs blue comes with the "legendary" pack of halo 3 on release, whatever that is, the only special edition so far thats acutally been "special" was the pc half lfie 2 one, now that was worth the extra notes.

"tearing the place down with bullets" hmmm, maybe they mean like black but on a next gen level of destruction?:rockbrow:

Bubdotd
03-Dec-2006, 01:24 AM
yeah it sounds pretty awesome.

capncnut
03-Dec-2006, 10:43 AM
i just thought id add season one of red vs blue comes with the "legendary" pack of halo 3 on release, whatever that is, the only special edition so far thats acutally been "special" was the pc half lfie 2 one, now that was worth the extra notes.

Apparently the Legendary pack is gonna be a 3 disc set costing 80 notes and limited numbers will come with a Spartan helmet. That's if current rumours are to be believed.

Danny
03-Dec-2006, 01:27 PM
as cool as that sounds its gotta be bollox.

that or around 100 quid.

capncnut
03-Dec-2006, 02:26 PM
Here's something from Halo 3 UK.

It was recently revealed that Microsoft and Bungie have plans to release three different versions of Halo 3 when it launches sometime next year, according to our sources the game will come in a basic version, a collectors edition, and the interesting one - Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

This Legendary Edition is apparently due to come with these tasty extra’s:
Spartan Helmet
Halo 3 Game
Bonus Disc’s including:
Behind the scenes at Bungie.
The making of Halo 3.
Hi-Red cinematics from previous Halo game’s with commentary.
Red vs. Blue, This Spartan Life and more community content.
Exclusive GamerPics and Themes.
Also each Legendary Edition sold will have it’s own unique serial code, making it a true one of a kind. Final pricing and availability details for the UK have not yet been set.

Damn. :cool: