PDA

View Full Version : Those PS3 lines are loooooooooong!

DeadJonas190
17-Nov-2006, 03:53 AM
I drove past a Best Buy at 8pm today and saw a line that consisted of about 10 tents and a lot of people. I can't believe the amount of people that are camping out when the supply is so small. Does that 50th person in line really think they will get one?

I don't want one myself, they are way too expensive and don't have a lot of appealing games for the PS3 yet. Maybe I'll get one in a few years after a few good games have been released and the bugs have been worked out and a price drop has come. For now, I'll settle with getting a Wii, if I am able to. I was once #1 on the list at the Blockbuster/Game Rush I work at, but now we are not getting any until sometime in the future. They say probably around Thanksgiving which is less than a week away, and if I am unable to get one before then it's not too bad of a wait. A good friend of mine is going to stand in line with another good friend and pick up mine for me since I am stuck working Saturday night... beacuse I was supposed to work the Wii launch... which isn't happening... but I'm still stuck because I was scheduled to be the closer for the Wii launch. Aparently a Toys R Us near me is having a midnight sale and they are one of the official launch stores for the Wii. I was told they will have a lot of them so hopefully my friend can secure me one. If not I will have to suck it up and wait another week or so and I really don't want to do that as I have had quite a horrible past week and a half.

As for lines, I remember waiting for about 2 or 3 hours outside of a Toys R Us for the Star Wars Episode 1 toys to come out. I wanted that d@mn Darth Maul 12 inch figure and I didn't get it. I was 8th in line and the employees didnt know where they had put them because there were boxes upon boxes of Star Wars toys in every single aisle. They did, however, give me a certificate saying that I was there. I felt like a huge geek, but not as bad as the guy in front of me whos mother had spent almost $3000 on Star Wars toys for him as a graduation present. I thought my $40 was a lot to spend on toys that are now pretty much worthless due to the extreme amount produced.

Anyway, good luck to anybody and everybody trying to get a PS3 or a Wii.

CoinReturn
17-Nov-2006, 04:09 AM
I hope I can get a Wii this year, it should be way easier to find than PS3, there will be over a million of them at launch.

CivilDefense
17-Nov-2006, 12:29 PM
I just logged into costco.ca and ordered one up.. took about 10 minutes..

Will I get it, hell if I know.

dont want to sound like an Ahole, but I dont even really know why I ordered it. Might arrange to have the breast cancer support centre do a raffle or something.

Besides, it doesnt have Dead rising on it.:eek:

and of course, they are out of stock already, well at least there is that I guess, is it POSSIBLE they actually had stock?

slickwilly13
17-Nov-2006, 04:17 PM
I picked mine up earlier. The box has a strap on top and works like a carrying case.

Eyebiter
17-Nov-2006, 05:06 PM
At the local Best Buy store 34 people camped in a dozen tents to get PS3 systems. Best Buy let them hook up electric heaters and even ordered pizza for them last night. Sounds like all were going to sell the units on ebay for $1800-2000.

http://www.keloland.com/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/13242.jpg