PDA

View Full Version : This is really, really retarded...

Dawg
18-Nov-2006, 02:48 AM
Over a f**king game console that costs $600 to begin with! WTF?!!

Yeah, I bought a lot of the early consoles back in the day, but I never waited in line for them, yet as far as I knew I was the first in the neighborhood to get one. From the NES to the Gamecube and between.

There were times of course I wasn't. I waited over a year to get the first Playstation after seeing a friend playing Resident Evil, I just had to get it then, especially since it dropped $100.

Anyway, here is the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15764297/

I knew this $#!T was going to happen. And we thought the Japanese were nuts! :confused:

:dead: Dawg

Purge
18-Nov-2006, 03:36 AM
I saw that on TV too. I watch something like that, and then I watch the news concerning Iraq and say to myself: "Why are those kids over there defending us?"

MaximusIncredulous
18-Nov-2006, 05:04 AM
I was left wondering where most of them were getting $600 to begin with. They showed my local Best Buy on TV with people lining up to buy that damn thing and it looked more like the welfare line. I guess crime does pay.

CivilDefense
28-Nov-2006, 01:03 PM
I just logged into costco.ca and ordered one, Came with Resistance fall of man and mmm.. some racing game and a extra controller.

We are raffling it off with all proceeds going to the local breast cancer support centre here in burlington.

Hopefully bits wont freeze off of me selling tickets in front of stores around here :)

slickwilly13
28-Nov-2006, 03:55 PM
What I don't understand is the fact that these people waited in line and camped out for days before the release. If they could have taken all this time off from work, school, or whatever then why couldn't they just take one morning off a month ago. And just pre-order it like I did and many others. All I did was wait in my car outside Gamestop one hour before they opened and secured a top of the list reserve. Second of all, why are these dumbasses carrying large amount of cash on them. Criminals are not stupid and realize this. So, it comes to no surprise all that people were getting mugged either for cash or PS3 systems. With $600 you could buy a good handgun to defend yourself. :rolleyes:

Tricky
28-Nov-2006, 04:48 PM
Why get so worked up over being the first to own one?its only a games console,and in 6 months time anybody who wants one will just have to wander casually into a shop & pick one up without even queuing!i despair about the human race when it comes to things like that!and the point raised,where do they get the time to stand outside a shop for two days?i guess these are the fat bastards on incapacity benefits who will probably never work & just stare at a screen pressing buttons all day,while stuffing junk food :rolleyes:

MikePizzoff
28-Nov-2006, 05:06 PM
This is rediculous. Too bad Sony didn't put in some sort of tracking device. IE: when someone logs online with the PS3 it tells Sony what the serial number of that system is... meanwhile the locals stores that have gotten robbed/had people robbed out front sends Sony a list of serial #'s of all the consoles that have been stolen. Then... thief busted; justice served!

HLS
28-Nov-2006, 05:12 PM
I just think paying that amount of money for a game system is a joke. Wait 6 months or so it will still be there. I mean with 600$ You can pay your rent on that. Gezzz. I like playing games but its not worth $600. No game is worth camping outside a store.

MikePizzoff
28-Nov-2006, 05:18 PM
I just think paying that amount of money for a game system is a joke. Wait 6 months or so it will still be there.

Yeah, it will still be there in 6 months and the price will still be $600. That tag most likely won't drop for another TWO years.

chal
28-Nov-2006, 06:25 PM
Too bad Sony didn't put in some sort of tracking device. IE: when someone logs online with the PS3 it tells Sony what the serial number of that system is...

Intel did something similar with the Pentium III and all hell broke loose when this was discovered. After that, they gave it a switch to disable the function.

ProfessorChaos
28-Nov-2006, 07:24 PM
I saw that on TV too. I watch something like that, and then I watch the news concerning Iraq and say to myself: "Why are those kids over there defending us?"

I did seven months in Iraq, thanks for your support. I totally agree with you. If they were to start a draft, I would say that they start by calling up all the lame-dick fatbodied morons who bow down and kiss corporate mtv america's fat hairy bean-bag, like these ass-clowns who just gotta be the first loser in their group of loser friends to own as PS3.:mad:

Okay, I'm done. Ooh-rah.

capncnut
28-Nov-2006, 11:17 PM
I guess these are the fat bastards on incapacity benefits who will probably never work & just stare at a screen pressing buttons all day,while stuffing junk food :rolleyes:

Summed up accurately there, Tricky. :lol:

I just think paying that amount of money for a game system is a joke. Wait 6 months or so it will still be there.

Totally, not only that but the games are like £60 each on launch. Who the hell wants to pay £60 for a game like Tekken 5 that could probably be clocked in 3 hours? Give it 6-12 months and the prices will go down.

Chakobsa
29-Nov-2006, 12:37 AM
Hmm, people lining up outside shops really give me the creeps. Years ago I worked as a fishmonger in my local Sainsbury's, nature of the job meant that my working day would begin at 05.30 setting up my counter dispay etc. the store didn't open for business until 08.00 yet people would begin to shamble up to the doors as early as 06.30 and stand there; inches from the glass watching,
watching until the doors slid open at eight and they'd shamble silently into the store. The pathos of the scene, played out every morning was heartrending.
"This was an important place in their lives.." Brrr:|

DVW5150
30-Nov-2006, 04:57 PM
I did seven months in Iraq, thanks for your support. I totally agree with you. If they were to start a draft, I would say that they start by calling up all the lame-dick fatbodied morons who bow down and kiss corporate mtv america's fat hairy bean-bag, like these ass-clowns who just gotta be the first loser in their group of loser friends to own as PS3.:mad:

Okay, I'm done. Ooh-rah.

Hey , agreed ! BTW , Welcome home !!! Welcome to HPotD ...