PDA

View Full Version : To those that use the chat

HLS
18-Nov-2006, 04:24 AM
I have the worlds most sluggish computer. If anyone wants to private message me, give me about 2 minutes to get in. When some one private messages me before I am fully in the room on my side, my computer locks up on me most of the time but not all of the time. Pages load very slow on my end. Same goes with when the ignore feature is used. If the page is not fully loaded on my end I seem to get locked up and sometimes i am stuck rebooting! Hopefully I can get a new PC soon. Thanks! :D

strayrider
22-Nov-2006, 04:34 AM
I was thinking that my computer was the problem also, but now I don't think so. I have an old processer, but a powerful processor. I have plenty of RAM, and new sound and video cards. I'm starting to think that maybe FlashChat and Win98SE just don't like each other.

Does anyone else still use Win98SE and, if so, do you have problems with chat locking up on you?

-stray-

coma
22-Nov-2006, 02:29 PM
I have the worlds most sluggish computer. If anyone wants to private message me, give me about 2 minutes to get in. When some one private messages me before I am fully in the room on my side, my computer locks up on me most of the time but not all of the time. Pages load very slow on my end. Same goes with when the ignore feature is used. If the page is not fully loaded on my end I seem to get locked up and sometimes i am stuck rebooting! Hopefully I can get a new PC soon. Thanks! :D

Not to state the maybe obvious, but have you cheacked for spyware? Sounds like you have tons and maybe even a Java virus.

Debbieangel
22-Nov-2006, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear you are having soo much trouble! I know you get booted alot from chat. That sucks to have to reboot all the time!
I hope you get it fixed soon! See ya in chat!!!

Exatreides
23-Nov-2006, 01:06 AM
have the same problem, have 512 mb ram, win 98se, and just the flash chat causes crashes and lock ups if its the only active program. I have ran ad aware and all that, not caused by it.