View Full Version : Ignored... do you use it?

capncnut
18-Nov-2006, 10:15 AM
(Original thread by DoomOnYou deleted - Have you ever used the ignore feature?)

Thought about it but sometimes the people you want to ignore come up with decent threads so I decided against it. Besides, life's too short for all that stuff!

_liam_
18-Nov-2006, 11:21 AM
yeah same here. ignoring someone can be the cowards way out - i'll bitch till the bitter end :D

Danny
18-Nov-2006, 01:06 PM
Thought about it but sometimes the people you want to ignore come up with decent threads so I decided against it. Besides, life's too short for all that stuff!

ditto, i was tempted by some resident flamers but there bitchin' makes for good reading.

EvilNed
18-Nov-2006, 01:07 PM
I put some people on ignore in the chatrooms sometimes. But that's all.

dmbfanintn
18-Nov-2006, 02:03 PM
Zero,

Those make the best threads and bitch fests!

The Alive Man
18-Nov-2006, 03:12 PM
Le's be real. In real life there's no such option. I don't wanna live in a virtual world. I skip this function.

Danny
18-Nov-2006, 04:06 PM
^ i cant be the only person who thought "huh?" at that.

its the internet, the whole point is it is not real, hence the ingore buttons and such, granted i dont use it either but its there becuase in real life you dont often meet as many peopel with the same interess and you can just ignore some people no matter how hard you may sometimes want to.

_liam_
18-Nov-2006, 04:11 PM
just depends on how you use the internet i guess, some people use it as an extension of regular social interaction, whilst others use it as a way of interacting in way they normally can't.

i do a bit of both, i don't put people on ignore, but i'm not above starting fights with neo nazis on youtube :D

deadpunk
18-Nov-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure if I'm replying correctly...I can't read any of this thread...you guys are all on my IGNORE list ;)

Bwhahahaha

Nah...that's a silly function. The only thing it really does is interrupt the continuity of the threads.

The Alive Man
18-Nov-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure if I'm replying correctly...I can't read any of this thread...you guys are all on my IGNORE list ;)

Bwhahahaha

Nah...that's a silly function. The only thing it really does is interrupt the continuity of the threads.

I agree:lol:

HLS
18-Nov-2006, 08:38 PM
I have one person on mine but it will not stop the other person from seeing your posts and or responding to them, which I think that needs to be changed. The chat ignore works great. I tested it on capn. lol But since my computer is slower than dial up, id someone uses it on me before my page loads on my end i get locked up and frozen:eek:

capncnut
18-Nov-2006, 08:55 PM
I tested it on capn.

Actually, when she tested it on me I have to admit that it locked me up for a brief spell and I lost a message I was currently typing at the time. I told HLS that it worked so the ignore feature is functional. Nevertheless I think people shout stop beefing and learn to live together. If there's someone you don't like - don't talk to them or respond to their threads. If someone starts flaming - the mod's should examine the evidence and give the instigator a warning. If I had a say in it, I'd abolish the ignore feature totally.

Neil
18-Nov-2006, 09:19 PM
^ i cant be the only person who thought "huh?" at that.

its the internet, the whole point is it is not real

Interesting point...

Wonder what the internet would be like if everyone used their real name, and their address and details were available...

I suspect it would be a lot more sociable without some folks stoked up on their anonimity.

I have one person on mine but it will not stop the other person from seeing your posts and or responding to them, which I think that needs to be changed.

Somewhat impossible to achieve I'm afraid (at least the "seeing" part)...

deadpunk
19-Nov-2006, 05:02 AM
Wonder what the internet would be like if everyone used their real name, and their address and details were available...

It always used to strike me as odd that Neil never had a snazzy screen name... But, the longer I'm here, the more I understand why. :thumbsup:

I chose my SN based off my two biggest interests. And because on the old forums, Splatterpunk was already taken :mad: I use the same SN everywhere I go now, though.

Eyebiter
19-Nov-2006, 12:28 PM
Have one user on the ignore list.

Neil
19-Nov-2006, 05:02 PM
It always used to strike me as odd that Neil never had a snazzy screen name... But, the longer I'm here, the more I understand why. :thumbsup:

I chose my SN based off my two biggest interests. And because on the old forums, Splatterpunk was already taken :mad: I use the same SN everywhere I go now, though.

My general attitude on most places I visit, is to use my own name, and try and talk to everyone like I was face to face with them... Don't always succeed, but I try...

Chakobsa
19-Nov-2006, 11:11 PM
There is one user I've been tempted to put on the ignore list, I haven't though,
reason being is that I think that I'd feel like I was censoring the boards, and it's neither my place nor my inclination to do so.

deadpunk
20-Nov-2006, 12:19 AM
WTF happened to the first post in this thread? I don't recall it word for word, but I'm sure I don't remember it saying anything too over the top...?

Danny
20-Nov-2006, 12:22 AM

yeah i tend to too, when i first started using forums i reigstered the name hellsing since it was an anime i was watching at the time and i didnt want a name like "yetanothergoku2284728" and since i thought people who didnt know it was an anime wouldnt use it, thinking it was a goth band or something i got to use it almost everywere so i didnt have to use a name with numbers at the end and it kind stuck, though for online games "exocel" stuck with me for the very same reason.

HLS
20-Nov-2006, 12:23 AM
WTF happened to the first post in this thread? I don't recall it word for word, but I'm sure I don't remember it saying anything too over the top...?

The post is still there but all the content was edited out. Why? i do not know. there was nothing bad in it.

Danny
20-Nov-2006, 12:23 AM

i know doom on you seems to have deleted a fair few of his posts today.:|

coma
20-Nov-2006, 03:29 AM

to say the least:shifty:

deadpunk
20-Nov-2006, 04:49 AM

Odd. Yet...I guess in retrospect, it seems like he was growing tired of some aspects of the forum. Perhaps he is planning an exodus? :rockbrow: Or, maybe he is trying to make a point that is beyond everyone's grasp? :shifty:

Hmmmmm.

It appears that his avatar and sig are also gone, and his profile has been all but deleted. :shifty: Ladies and gentlemen, I believe DOOM has left the building. :moon: