PDA

View Full Version : smash my p$3 video

Danny
18-Nov-2006, 08:58 PM
this guy set up a site and got enough donations to buy one and stand in front of the que and crush it with a sledghammer and then this sony fanboy walks up saying how it wasnt fair that now someone wouldnt get one BUT HES GOT ONE IN HIS BLOODYHAND AND SO HAS HIS FREIND!:lol:

4CTy7Nx0oPI&eurl

MinionZombie
18-Nov-2006, 09:38 PM
lol, that is quite funny ... but it is also quite harsh on the other hand, because someone else who really wanted that console genuinely will miss out because of that guy's stupid prank.

Now, if if was a facsimilie of a P$3 instead, it'd be a fair prank. :D

I always feel a bit "hmmm/erm" about such pranks, especially when it involves unwitting members of the public who are having their day ruined as a result of the prank. If the public can laugh at the prank and not be involved, and property isn't damaged, then that's all good.

That prank - a funny idea, but I totally get why people would be pissed off, it is a bit harsh...

Danny
18-Nov-2006, 10:00 PM
i just found it funny the one who handt got one was laughing and high fiving him but the ones who did get oen were the ones who were pissed:rolleyes:

MikePizzoff
18-Nov-2006, 10:06 PM
Hillarious. I've seen videos of these guys (maybe someone else) smashing other systems on launch (XBOX 360, XBOX, PS2, dreamcast maybe). I love it! Such a dick move!

Danny
18-Nov-2006, 10:11 PM
I love it! Such a dick move!

i think, if this had to be put into a genre, that would be the title:lol:

slickwilly13
18-Nov-2006, 10:23 PM
That was funny. I would have joined in with them. Anyone wanna come over and smash mine? :elol:

capncnut
18-Nov-2006, 11:19 PM
He should've pulled out his dick and took a piss all over it too. Now THAT would be a statement! :D

Danny
18-Nov-2006, 11:45 PM
^now that was two toes over the line and three shades-a creepy:shifty:

dmbfanintn
22-Nov-2006, 06:35 PM
People saying that someone isn't getting one because he smashed his are crazy. Smashing it or not, it is one system, sold to someone, period.

What if he had not smashed it and took it home to play. Still the same amount of systems sold, still the same amount avaiable to others.

Did the guy have to stand in line like everyone else? Did he pay 700 for it like everyone else? Was he given any special treatment at all in recieving this PS3?

If not, then its his freaking PS3 to do with as he pleases. If he wants to smash it, fine, if he wants to go home and play it, fine too, but doesn't change the amount of consoles available to others.

Boo Freakin Hoo, they should've stood their asses in line like everyone else.

I stood in line for alomost 15 hours last saturday to get my wii. It was tough, I was sore and tired, but I got my wii and you don't hear me bitching!

MinionZombie
22-Nov-2006, 06:48 PM
But there's a difference between said guy buying the console and taking it home to play like everyone else for a good few years and the same guy buying it and smashing in front of the eyes of people so desperate to buy one they're standing out in all weathers like refugees for a games console. :lol:

It's the potential harshness that we're pointing at, instead of it being smashed, whoever was the first in line to not get one as they've run out, could have had one. It's not an issue of sales figures.

dmbfanintn
22-Nov-2006, 07:08 PM
But there's a difference between said guy buying the console and taking it home to play like everyone else for a good few years and the same guy buying it and smashing in front of the eyes of people so desperate to buy one they're standing out in all weathers like refugees for a games console. :lol:

It's the potential harshness that we're pointing at, instead of it being smashed, whoever was the first in line to not get one as they've run out, could have had one. It's not an issue of sales figures.

I follow what your saying Minion, I was referring to the sony fanboy that came up and said someone isn't getting one now. My point being, they wouldn't have gotten one either way.

The kid made out like SINCE he smashed it, then someone else would not get one. that is simply not true! Smashed or not smashed, that first person still isn't getting one!

the only way that changes is if the guy doesn't show up to buy one at all. Then one more person gets one.

Yes it is cruel to the folks standing in line, no doubt! but it is his PS3 to do with as he pleases, and no matter what he does to the console, it doesn't change the amount of people who get one and don't!