PDA

View Full Version : I got my Wii...

DeadJonas190
19-Nov-2006, 08:18 PM
and I was up all night playing it. The Wii sports is pretty fun, but even better if you have another person playing with you. I also rented Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz and its pretty fun. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess is amazing though. If you get a Wii it is a must have.

Well, I'm off to play with my Wii.

Terran
19-Nov-2006, 08:26 PM
Dude I hate you..... :) :(

*sigh*....

I wonder when stores will restock....

I spent like the entire day going to stores...then I got tired...and started calling stores....stores up to two hour drives away....

No luck....man ...I was totally screwed...I was willing to camp out and everythign...JEEZE!!

You lucky SOB....

I was going to get Zelda and Maddan and two nunchuck/remote combos....

Danny
19-Nov-2006, 08:55 PM
nice those are the same games im after, im also after red steel ,if money allows, but since im here i may as well ask (since return of the king is after the break;) ) but do you get a nunchuck with the wiimote and wii sports in the box?, and do you need a sd memory card from the off like the 360s memory block thingy? (yes thats the technical jargon i believe:D )

DeadJonas190
21-Nov-2006, 04:04 AM
nice those are the same games im after, im also after red steel ,if money allows, but since im here i may as well ask (since return of the king is after the break;) ) but do you get a nunchuck with the wiimote and wii sports in the box?, and do you need a sd memory card from the off like the 360s memory block thingy? (yes thats the technical jargon i believe:D )

You get one remote and nunchuck in the box and you do not need an SD memory card right away even though the guy at the store will try to convince you otherwise.

The guy at Best Buy went as far as to tell my friend that the Wii has no internal memory and that you must buy a 512mb SD memory card or you can't save anything. Watch out for those lies.

HLS
22-Nov-2006, 01:51 AM
and I was up all night playing it. The Wii sports is pretty fun, but even better if you have another person playing with you. I also rented Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz and its pretty fun. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess is amazing though. If you get a Wii it is a must have.

Well, I'm off to play with my Wii.

I LOVE ZELDA!

I plan to get the new zelda for the gamecube here when it comes out in december. I alsi just purchased godzilla destroy all monsters.

capncnut
22-Nov-2006, 02:04 AM
I also just purchased godzilla destroy all monsters.

Have fun with that, it's a blast! :D

CoinReturn
22-Nov-2006, 02:47 AM
Yeah, Godzilla and its Xbox sequel are awesome games, great for multiplayer

DeadJonas190
22-Nov-2006, 03:05 AM
I LOVE ZELDA!

I plan to get the new zelda for the gamecube here when it comes out in december. I alsi just purchased godzilla destroy all monsters.

Since you like Godzilla and such, you may like War of the Monsters on PS2 (if you can find it). It is an entire game based on giant monster battles and it's in 3d so you can actually knock the monsters into buildings and knock the building down. You can also impale the monsters with radio towers or any other spear-like object. It's a pretty fun game, especially if you like giant monsters.

slickwilly13
22-Nov-2006, 06:29 AM
Does anyone remember a Godzilla game on the NES? You could play as both Godzilla and Mothra. They travel from planet to planet and fight the monsters from the movies. It was pretty cool back in the day. I think it came out around 1989 or 1990.

dmbfanintn
22-Nov-2006, 01:26 PM
Well a friend and I waited in line at Wal mart for 14 hours and we got our wii's. Yeah the wii sports is pretty fun with 2 players, i agree. And it will wear you out! Gone are the days of the fat slob couch potato gamer. This sucker will make you lose some weight for sure!

We also got Red Steel and Madden.

Red Steel is kinda hard to control until you get the hang of it. If you hold the remote out towards the scren like a regular remote, you'll never get it. It will always be way too erratic. The best way is to hold the remote against your chest like the pistol grip of a rifle and the nunchuck out front. the two together would be liek your hold a rifle.

I think holding the remote next your body stabilizes it and makes it smoother.

Madden was pretty sweet. I like how they have set up the way the defense works. All you have to do is run your defender close to the ball carrier andthrust both the remote and the nun forward swiftly at the same time and you get the big hit. Interceptions are easier (user picks) and the passing game is sweet.

I have been gaming for over 20 years with my first home console being the original Atari 2600. this is definitley the coolest video game I have ever played. I think it will revolutionize the way video games are played.

What the hell is a PS3???? We've got Wii!

Terran
22-Nov-2006, 02:50 PM
We also got Red Steel and Madden.

Red Steel is kinda hard to control until you get the hang of it. If you hold the remote out towards the scren like a regular remote, you'll never get it. It will always be way too erratic. The best way is to hold the remote against your chest like the pistol grip of a rifle and the nunchuck out front. the two together would be liek your hold a rifle.

I think holding the remote next your body stabilizes it and makes it smoother.

Madden was pretty sweet. I like how they have set up the way the defense works. All you have to do is run your defender close to the ball carrier andthrust both the remote and the nun forward swiftly at the same time and you get the big hit. Interceptions are easier (user picks) and the passing game is sweet.

Yeah I was a bit turned off of Red Steel from the reviews it got including the relative shortness of the game and lack of online mulitplayer...

but yeah everything I hear about madden sounds awsome...

I was planning on getting Madden, Zelda, and maybe Trauma Center: Second Opinion....

On a side note....Ive started getting chummy with some of the regulars outside of Target and Walmart... LIke since the Wii was released Ive been showing up to both stores when they open (since Target opens an hour after Walmart)....and there have been like 5-7 people waiting for these stores to open as well...

I figured that they were Sony junkies....but today I discovered that that all of them but one were there for Wii....

Ugg....I hope I can score one on Friday....Im digging my nails into my scalp over this....

Oh and did you guys see this.... somepeople getting Firmware upgrades bricking their Wii systems....having to be repaired (at least at the cost of Nintendo not the buyer *whef*)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25165823&sid=6162201&tag=latestnews;title;0 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25165823&sid=6162201&tag=latestnews;title;0)

Tricky
22-Nov-2006, 04:41 PM
What are the graphics like on them there Wii's then?better than current PC games like FEAR,crysis,medieval 2 etc?

Terran
22-Nov-2006, 05:01 PM
better than current PC games like FEAR,crysis,medieval 2 etc?

Nope....

No console is going to be able to match current good PC game graphic capabilities....Xbox360, PS3 or Wii...

But Im not sure what your asking....the graphic capabilities of the system?....or how the current launch games look...?

Cause the launch games for the Wii are all essentially Gamecube/PS2/Xbox twilight-year-game quality ports...

much like how Xbox360 launch games were nothing much more than Xbox games ported over to a stronger console (now developers are clearly getting more skilled with it)

...or how the PS3 unexclusive games actually look prettier on the Xbox360 and even their "killer app" is essentially an average FPS with a pretty coat....

so most of the current Wii games look like polished games that couldve been out on those systems in their ending days...

So if when you ask "What are the graphics like on them there Wii's then?" you mean what do the games currently released look like....well they dont look much different from last generation ending games...like all the other systems launches....

But if you asking what is it capable of?

The capabilities of the system are approximately 3 times greater than that of Gamecube....so a game like Resident Evil 4 which graphically is very impressive could be made three times more "pretty"...or immersive...

dmbfanintn
22-Nov-2006, 06:11 PM
Nope....

No console is going to be able to match current good PC game graphic capabilities....Xbox360, PS3 or Wii...

But Im not sure what your asking....the graphic capabilities of the system?....or how the current launch games look...?

Cause the launch games for the Wii are all essentially Gamecube/PS2/Xbox twilight-year-game quality ports...

much like how Xbox360 launch games were nothing much more than Xbox games ported over to a stronger console (now developers are clearly getting more skilled with it)

...or how the PS3 unexclusive games actually look prettier on the Xbox360 and even their "killer app" is essentially an average FPS with a pretty coat....

so most of the current Wii games look like polished games that couldve been out on those systems in their ending days...

So if when you ask "What are the graphics like on them there Wii's then?" you mean what do the games currently released look like....well they dont look much different from last generation ending games...like all the other systems launches....

But if you asking what is it capable of?

The capabilities of the system are approximately 3 times greater than that of Gamecube....so a game like Resident Evil 4 which graphically is very impressive could be made three times more "pretty"...or immersive...

Agreed. You can certainly see th epotential of the wii, but right now, the games are no better that what you saw on the cube.

I can't wait for an RE game to comeout on the wii. I am sure capcom will come up with something for it.

Hopefully it will expand on RE4 which was, IMO, the best RE game since 2 for the OG PS.

There has always been something about RE2 that holds a special place in my heart! It was the first RE game I played and I was hooked for MONTHS on that damn game! It sold me on the entire RE franchise and made me seek out all the other RE games like 1, and dir cut.

I think in time, just as with the 360, the developers will harness the power of the next gen consoles and we will see some truelu amazing games.

I can't wait to see what the third party developers do with the wii control systems.

slickwilly13
23-Nov-2006, 12:51 AM
I decided to keep my Nintendo. Its not profitable enough to sell. At least I have Zelda with it and can cancel my GC version of the same game. I think my mom and friends want to play it more anything. I had a feeling I would end up keeping. I can't get over the fact how small it is compared to the 360 and PS3.

*update* I only played a few minutes of Wii Sports: boxing. The nunchuk controller fits better in my hand than I orignally thought. I thought it would be a hassle when I first looked at it, but it fits in my hand pretty good and is easy to use. I'll post more later, after I play around with it some more.

capncnut
23-Nov-2006, 07:08 AM
Nice to hear, I can't WAIT! :elol:

Terran
24-Nov-2006, 03:17 PM
Wii update: I had no luck finding on Wii on black friday....Damn people are crazy about shopping.... but I dont feel like going into all the stories from this one event....but there were fights...line hijackers (these like two 6'4 obsese guys and their wife)...rednecks....*sigh*.....

People getting that christmas spirit early :)....

But something good may have come from all this....
Both Walmart, Target, Sears, and Circuit City all have not yet been restocked with Nintendo Wiis.... meaning that, since the release, no extra units have made it to these stores....

Sooo they should be getting restocked sometime within the next couple of days....so if I keep going to these doors daily as they open I should be able to snag one soon...... As long as they dont get a Wii shipment in the afternoon...cause then Id totally miss out....

Danny
24-Nov-2006, 03:32 PM
People getting that christmas spirit early :)....

which is why all that goodwill crap dont mean **** on christmas, now halooween, a holiday involving free ****, now thats a different story:cool:

DeadJonas190
24-Nov-2006, 08:05 PM
Does anyone remember a Godzilla game on the NES? You could play as both Godzilla and Mothra. They travel from planet to planet and fight the monsters from the movies. It was pretty cool back in the day. I think it came out around 1989 or 1990.

I used to love that game when I was a kid.

KingStoph
26-Nov-2006, 03:32 PM
Score!! nice one. im so camping out for the UK release! Have you played Red Steel at all?

DeadJonas190
27-Nov-2006, 06:17 AM
Score!! nice one. im so camping out for the UK release! Have you played Red Steel at all?

I just got done playing Red Steel after an hour or so of play. After getting used to the controls (it took about 10 minutes) it is pretty fun. I know it has been getting bad reviews, but so far I really enjoy the game.

KingStoph
27-Nov-2006, 09:15 AM
It only seems to be America that dont like it, Japans Living it even though it has Steriotypical Voiceing and such.

im guessing the UK will love it and reviews will peak again :lol:

Lets hope...

Danny
27-Nov-2006, 01:10 PM
but would you honestly not buy a game just because of bad reviews?:rockbrow:

most uk mags said resi was ****e at first you know so i allways judge for myself, after all a review only represnts on person view on the game, and his taste arent your own.

CoinReturn
27-Nov-2006, 04:37 PM
Generally, if a game receives bad reviews, its just that, bad. I'll use the opinion of a few reviewers (IGN, Gamespot, etc.), along with the opinion of a few gaming forums I visit, and draw my own conclusions. I like to be informed when I am about to drop $50 or $60 on an impulse buy. What UK mags gave Resident Evil a bad score? In just about every US mag it received rave reviews and was basically the birth of the survival horror genre, spawning many imitators.

Red Steel, according to Gamerankings.com, has an average review ratio of 6.9. Thats not bad, certainly above average. The complaints seem to stem from the control scheme, the fact that the turning is so slow, and lack of any online options at all. I haven't played the game, but it doesn't sound like something I'd spend $50 on. Zelda, Metal Slug Anthology, Monkey Ball, Trauma Center and Rayman Raving Rabbids seem to be the best of the launch window Wii titles.

DeadJonas190
29-Nov-2006, 04:17 AM
The complaints seem to stem from the control scheme, the fact that the turning is so slow, and lack of any online options at all.

The slow turning can be fixed, there is an adjustment in the controls. I do wish it was online, it would be a lot more fun to play if it were, however, it is still a pretty fun game. I would still say to rent it before you buy it so that you are not let down if you don't like it.