PDA

View Full Version : Have our prayers been answered? Left 4 Dead?

Neil
21-Nov-2006, 09:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead

November 20, 2006 - Turtle Rock Studios and Valve today announce Left 4 Dead, a co-operative multiplayer action game from the makers of Counter-Strike.

"By leveraging its industry-leading AI technology and years of Counter-Strike development experience, Turtle Rock is building upon the elements that make Counter-Strike successful and applying them to Left 4 Dead," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "What Counter-Strike did for multiplayer action games, Left 4 Dead will do for co-op games."

Left 4 Dead is built atop the most advanced version of the Source Engine and introduces version 2 of Turtle Rock's artificial intelligence (A.I.) technology.

Left 4 Dead will debut on the PC in 2007.

Danny
21-Nov-2006, 02:06 PM
man i wish i knew enough about pcs to get a decent gameing one...:dead:

capncnut
21-Nov-2006, 03:05 PM
Nice one Neil, shame there 'aint any pics yet.

Danny
21-Nov-2006, 03:06 PM
yeah but if city of the deads owt to go by, screenshots dont mean its any closer to coming out.:bored:

capncnut
21-Nov-2006, 03:21 PM
yeah but if city of the deads owt to go by, screenshots dont mean its any closer to coming out.:bored:

City Of The Dead. When is that coming out by the way? (Ducks for cover) :D

Danny
21-Nov-2006, 05:23 PM
canned indefinatley.

CoinReturn
21-Nov-2006, 05:41 PM
The zombie modifications running in some Counter Strike Source servers were great co-op fun, hopefully this builds upon that solid foundation.

capncnut
21-Nov-2006, 06:12 PM
canned indefinatley.

*sobs* I know... I know...