PDA

View Full Version : Flyboy (butturf)

strayrider
21-Nov-2006, 05:17 PM
How many of us are still around here? MAS, CJHopegiver, Hess, Diedra, Dr. Egroeg Oremor, Jiven? How many of you still kick it around here, I used to be known as Flyboy, times have changed though from all those years ago.

I hope this is considered in the correct forum, it has to deal with the history of the site which is a dead site, hopefully that isn't too much grasping there.

Flyboy, this is strayrider (mas) still hanging around, though primarily in the background. Take a look at how your thread ended and you'll understand why.

Just for the record, Hess and Deidra did not exist. They were characters in one of our stories. ;)

Hopegiver popped in once a few years ago, haven't heard from him since.

Oremor posts occasionally as JacDan, or Jack Daniels.

Jiven vanished into cyberspace years and years ago.

There were a few others. Trooper, Nova, BobTurkee, Lucky, DeWalt, John Betancourt, Jamie Summers to name a few. If I remember correctly it was either DeWalt or Betancourt who posted the very first message when Neil opened the original discapp discussion board all those years ago.

BT is still around over on the "Rise of the Dead" fiction boards.

Kaos was around then, too. I remember "meeting" him on the chat when Neil had Kyra Schon as a guest.

So, yeah, there are a few of us still lurking.

:D

-stray-

_liam_
21-Nov-2006, 05:38 PM
heh, i remember oremor and trooper. i always thought flyboy was chris the greek? or was that just his email? ah well.

the good ol' server.com discussion app days...

Kaos
21-Nov-2006, 05:52 PM
heh, i remember oremor and trooper. i always thought flyboy was chris the greek? or was that just his email? ah well.

the good ol' server.com discussion app days...

That was his email. He was TheGreek on the board.

_liam_
21-Nov-2006, 06:05 PM
ah right. that lad was sound, shame his livingdead.com went tits up!

i'm still in contact with richard jackson (the guy who called everyone "janet" and had an ongoing feud with grimstories), another of the 90s old guard. he's keepin well.

Kaos
21-Nov-2006, 06:18 PM
ah right. that lad was sound, shame his livingdead.com went tits up!

i'm still in contact with richard jackson (the guy who called everyone "janet" and had an ongoing feud with grimstories), another of the 90s old guard. he's keepin well.

We went to the same high school. (He grew up in the MD.) I saw him the last time I went to Pittsburgh and at Horrorfind in Baltimore.

MaximusIncredulous
21-Nov-2006, 06:37 PM

Not anymore. ;)

Glad to see some of the old, old-timers are still lurking here.

Kaos
21-Nov-2006, 06:41 PM
Not anymore. ;)

Are you Jack Daniels? If so, I have some info I need to give you via PM.

Cheers! :)

strayrider
21-Nov-2006, 07:49 PM
Not anymore. ;)

MaximusIncredulous?

My God ... the evil still walks among us.

:eek:

-stray-

MaximusIncredulous
21-Nov-2006, 07:57 PM
Can't keep an evil scientist down. We're like roaches. :evil:

Hopegiver
22-Feb-2008, 02:47 AM
I am so very happy I found this thread!!!!!

Thanks to strayrider, I understood there were some of us still kicking around in here. So newbie in text posts for this current version of HPotD, but an oldie in discussing all things zombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ

Flyboy, this is strayrider (mas) still hanging around, though primarily in the background. Take a look at how your thread ended and you'll understand why.

Just for the record, Hess and Deidra did not exist. They were characters in one of our stories. ;)

Hopegiver popped in once a few years ago, haven't heard from him since.

Jiven vanished into cyberspace years and years ago.

There were a few others. Trooper, Nova, BobTurkee, Lucky, DeWalt, John Betancourt, Jamie Summers to name a few. If I remember correctly it was either DeWalt or Betancourt who posted the very first message when Neil opened the original discapp discussion board all those years ago.

BT is still around over on the "Rise of the Dead" fiction boards.

Kaos was around then, too. I remember "meeting" him on the chat when Neil had Kyra Schon as a guest.

So, yeah, th

ere are a few of us still lurking.

:D

-stray-

Terran
22-Feb-2008, 02:49 AM
Who are you ...do I know you?

Mike70
22-Feb-2008, 03:01 AM
there are still quite a bit of the old folks from way back that are still active.

i remember jackdaniels and a few of the other folks.

my question is where is crappingbear?

oh and the real question - if some of you old folks are lurking what is keeping you from diving in to the good friendly violent fun that is HPTOD?

Hopegiver
22-Feb-2008, 03:23 AM
there are still quite a bit of the old folks from way back that are still active.

i remember jackdaniels and a few of the other folks.

my question is where is crappingbear?

oh and the real question - if some of you old folks are lurking what is keeping you from diving in to the good friendly violent fun that is HPTOD?

Speaking for myself, I embrace that old famous quote that goes something like this...Life is what happens when you are busy planning for it....

I have always had HPotD bookmarked in my favorites no matter what computer I am using (at home or any job I have held) since I first discovered the site back in .....what was it?...1999??? Back then, I posted a plethora of posts including discussion, ideas, arguements and participated in the role playing game. I submitted one story and enjoyed all that HPotD offered. I have changed jobs a couple of times, completed a Bachelor degree, enjoyed the birth of two children and have completed a wide range of personal accomplishments. In all that, participating in the forums fell to the wayside.

But I am back and eager to re-establish old friendships, ignite new connections and make zombies a staple of my life once again!!!

CJ

Mike70
22-Feb-2008, 03:39 AM

man who didn't have an ongoing feud with grim back in the day? that fat little shortbus victim got on just about everyone's nerves i have ever encountered on this board.

man back then was when i was still teaching and i used look forward to getting back into my office for a little break and seeing what new tales of idiocy grim was favoring us with on that particular day.

then there was that poor deluded retard steve...

Hopegiver
23-Feb-2008, 01:37 AM
man who didn't have an ongoing feud with grim back in the day? that fat little shortbus victim got on just about everyone's nerves i have ever encountered on this board.

man back then was when i was still teaching and i used look forward to getting back into my office for a little break and seeing what new tales of idiocy grim was favoring us with on that particular day.

then there was that poor deluded retard steve...

Maybe it's a good thing I don't remember those two, sounds like they tested some nerves.

strayrider
23-Feb-2008, 02:20 AM
Er, I actually had no problem with Grim. Which Steve?

-stray-

ps -- Hi, CJ.

Mike70
23-Feb-2008, 02:40 AM
Er, I actually had no problem with Grim. Which Steve?

-stray-

ps -- Hi, CJ.

then you are lucky grim was one of the biggest fu**tards i have ever come across not only on the internet but anywhere. once i saw what that guy really looked like i damn near pissed myself laughing.

steve - he originally went by the username gv2steve (i think that is it).

p2501
23-Feb-2008, 03:29 AM
oh fooking hell.

what ever happened to Good ole Steve?

I always figured a cult, or some sort of darwin award oriented demise would eventually get him in the end.

strayrider
23-Feb-2008, 11:36 PM
Ah ... yeah. I seem to remember "Grass Valley" Steve ... vaguely ...

Grim was a prison guard, wasn't he? I chatted with him and Crapping Bear a few times on the topic of firearms, ammo, etc. Wasn't he also a mod on these forums? A right-wing type of guy.

-stray-

Danny
23-Feb-2008, 11:51 PM
see this is why this is one of my favourite forum haunts, it actually has a community rather than random flamers. and its cool to see people made real freinds on here yknow?

Mike70
23-Feb-2008, 11:57 PM
another guy i miss talking at is Raven. didn't he join the army or something like that? i know he lurks around every great once in awhile.

strayrider
23-Feb-2008, 11:58 PM
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/1581600259?filterBy=addFiveStar

Didn't Grim claim to have written the book "Contingency Cannibalism" under the pen name of "Shiguro Takada"? If so, what is doing reviewing his own work?

Strange.

:stunned:

-stray-

Mike70
23-Feb-2008, 11:58 PM
oh fooking hell.

what ever happened to Good ole Steve?

i always picture steve in a padded cell trying to scratch his balls like cheech in that hilarious scene from one of the cheech and chong movies.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/1581600259?filterBy=addFiveStar

Didn't Grim claim to have written the book "Contingency Cannibalism" under the pen name of "Shiguro Takada"? If so, what is doing reviewing his own work?

Strange.

:stunned:

-stray-

yes he sure did, if my memory serves me correctly. looks like tom is being a bad boy (again or should i say still)

Brilliant and funny..., March 21, 2001
By Tom "grimstories" (Steilacoom, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This guy can write! This book is an unusual mixture of humor and facts. I read this book straight through and passed it on to my friends.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews.

you know i am darn tempted to light up his link there and send him a message. i haven't been told to fu*k off by tom in years and it would be kinda funny for old times sake.

EDIT: you know what stray, i just did click his link and i am now convinced that the jason bennett (who writes the review directly under grim's) - is a clone account of grim. looks like he actually wrote TWO reviews of his own book.