PDA

View Full Version : non zombie remake.....

DEAD BEAT
22-Nov-2006, 05:16 PM
anyone excited about "The Crazies" remake?

i must admit that was the last film i thought they would remake!:eek:

Adrenochrome
22-Nov-2006, 05:21 PM
no...
IMHO, this is GAR's best film and should be left alone.

scotty Boy
22-Nov-2006, 05:57 PM
i am, it will be good to see it re-imagined. I dont see why people dislike remakes soo much. they dont ruin the original film at all and it gives a differnt perspective ect.

But each to there own

Adrenochrome
22-Nov-2006, 05:59 PM
i am, it will be good to see it re-imagined. I dont see why people dislike remakes soo much. they dont ruin the original film at all and it gives a differnt perspective ect.

But each to there own

here's the deal on "re-makes" - they're unoriginal! A bunch of punks stealing ideas.

Deadman_Deluxe
22-Nov-2006, 06:05 PM
I am not a "massive" fan of the original TBH, though that is NOT knocking GAR at all, i found it enjoyable, just that it was obviously made on a fairly "low budget" and now, especially on my last viewing, seems very dated.

Considering remakes account for about 30% (or so it seems) of all the crap holy wood is churning out these last few years, i think a remake of the crazies isn't THAT bad of an idea.

coma
22-Nov-2006, 06:09 PM
I really hate that reimagined stuff. Too much like doublespeak. No offense, it's just marketing talk and they are not human. They are replicants from planet Choad.

I think, as far as remakes go, this might be a good choice. Its little seen and could benefit from an update. But, of course, some douche will screw it up and make it stupid.
I Looove the Crazies, though. If they screw it up I am not going to have to say "Y'know the one from 1978, in the mall. No it's not dumb and they don't eat brains"

The Alive Man
22-Nov-2006, 06:42 PM
anyone excited about "The Crazies" remake?

i must admit that was the last film i thought they would remake!:eek:

Me not. 'Crazies' is one of those movies which are truly magic because they belong so much to the period they were released.

Dawg
22-Nov-2006, 08:00 PM
here's the deal on "re-makes" - they're unoriginal! A bunch of punks stealing ideas.

Sort of, Romero got the idea for it from 'The Last Man on Earth'/'I Am Legend' and changed it from vampires to the living dead.

Not a remake, but sort of like a re-imagining in a sense.

:dead: Dawg

Deadman_Deluxe
22-Nov-2006, 08:04 PM
Sort of, Romero got the idea for it from 'The Last Man on Earth'/'I Am Legend' and changed it from vampires to the living dead.

Not a remake, but sort of like a re-imagining in a sense.

:dead: Dawg

Lol ... not only a good point, but a relevant one too! ;)

EvilNed
22-Nov-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm actually a bit more upset that they're remaking The Hitcher and The Thing. What the hell? Those films aren't even OLD and apart from the Stop-Motion part at the end of The Thing, there's nothing they can improve upon!

I mean, The Hitcher. We all know it's going to be a crystal sharp film with lots of teens and Good Charlotte music. The Thing remake could very well go in the very same direction as The Fog remake.

The Alive Man
22-Nov-2006, 09:50 PM
Are you joking?

Carpenter's THING is untouchable. And it was a remake itself.

Danny
22-Nov-2006, 11:49 PM
I mean, The Hitcher. We all know it's going to be a crystal sharp film with lots of teens and Good Charlotte music.

*insett shudder here*

coma
23-Nov-2006, 12:36 AM
I worked a Good Charlotte show and they were ALMOST as total suck ass as Aaron Carter (that guy ssssuuuuucks).
"We are all Punks here"
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

capncnut
23-Nov-2006, 05:28 AM
Nope, this remake can f**k off and die! I also heard a remake of Martin is in the works. I've just added a beam to the ceiling and I'm buying the rope tomorrow. :(

The Alive Man
23-Nov-2006, 10:50 AM
Nope, this remake can f**k off and die! I also heard a remake of Martin is in the works. I've just added a beam to the ceiling and I'm buying the rope tomorrow. :(

Don't kill yourself. Just go psycho.:evil:

scotty Boy
23-Nov-2006, 04:38 PM
A re-make of Martin now thats a film i would definatly not want to see, Martin IMO isnt a brilliant film to start with but how they would rekame this would be just beyond me. i hope something falls through with that idea i really do.

DEAD BEAT
23-Nov-2006, 05:25 PM
their going to anal rape Martin too!

those corporate idiots will not be happy till they ****ed up ever last great movie with a ****in bull**** remake!!!:mad:

capncnut
23-Nov-2006, 09:36 PM
The Martin remake was something I heard about a long time ago. I actually forgot about it for a while but now all these GAR remakes are pouring out of every orifice, I'm just guessing it's only a matter of time before they get around to doing it.

The Alive Man
23-Nov-2006, 10:59 PM
but now all these GAR remakes are pouring out of every orifice

I will laugh for the next 32 days... no way! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: