PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems with HPOTD

dmbfanintn
22-Nov-2006, 06:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone had noticed the same thing I have.

It seems recently that I have been having an extremely hard time getting onto HPOTD.

When I go to the site, it takes it a really long time to open. Sometimes I get the "page not found" error too. If I refresh over and over, it will eventually come up.

I have even hit other websites to see if it was my connection, but the problem seems to be limited to HPOTD.

Anyone else having this problem? The site used to pop right open for me, now, sometimes I can't get on.

thoughts?????

BTW I just read the thread about the cookie issue and logging in. That is not the problem I am having. I never get "logged out" It keeps me logged in, its just so slow.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Nov-2006, 07:12 PM
I have the same issue. It takes a good 5-10 seconds before the page loads, sometimes as long as 30 seconds. I do not have this problem on other websites. Just HPotD

dmbfanintn
22-Nov-2006, 07:16 PM
I have the same issue. It takes a good 5-10 seconds before the page loads, sometimes as long as 30 seconds. I do not have this problem on other websites. Just HPotD

Something else i did. When I came on this time, it took forever, and i checked to see how many people were online. There were very few. With such a small number of people on, it shouldn't weight the bandwidth down that bad should it?

I think it's conspiracy!! :D :D

scotty Boy
22-Nov-2006, 07:28 PM
I only very occasionally get 'This page cannot be found' and it has been taking a little longer to load a page but never any longer than 7 seconds.

It doesnt really bother/effect me tho to be honest

HLS
22-Nov-2006, 07:39 PM
I do from time to time.

Tricky
22-Nov-2006, 10:21 PM
The server maybe needs some maintenence,a good defrag & clean up would sort it i reckon :)

MaximusIncredulous
23-Nov-2006, 01:11 AM
The only thing I notice is that things can seem quite slow at times. Click on a link to a fourm or thread or post or edit a message and it takes awhile to do its thing, maybe 10-15 seconds with broadband on my end. Perhaps the server is sharing a resource hogging process from another webpage.

capncnut
23-Nov-2006, 01:32 AM
Yes, I got a pretty decent PC and I have the "this page cannot be found" message semi-regularly. On top of that, the page opening times can be excruciatingly slow and it does not do that on other sites I visit.

Terran
23-Nov-2006, 02:06 AM
Yeah I get very slow loads sometimes...or page cannot be found notifications...

I have a broadband connection...

Usually I attribute these probelms to the unidentified issues I have with my home network....(hmm this just spawned another post)...

Eyebiter
23-Nov-2006, 10:42 AM
I've noticed local connection problems usually occur during the heavy traffic times of the day (7pm at night for example).