PDA

View Full Version : I like the old forums more.

Mikey
23-Nov-2006, 04:02 PM
Not sure why. I liked be able to look at the replies right there.

Cereval
23-Nov-2006, 04:17 PM

Display Modes > Switch to Threaded Mode

:)

HLS
23-Nov-2006, 04:30 PM
I like the color and the formats here but the old forums did not make my pc as slow.

Yashka
23-Nov-2006, 07:12 PM
I like these better.

The Alive Man
23-Nov-2006, 07:14 PM

Oh God, everyone is entitled to his opinion but... definitely, not for me.
I like this forum better... much better.

Philly_SWAT
24-Nov-2006, 03:46 AM
Oh God, everyone is entitled to his opinion but... definitely, not for me.
I like this forum better... much better.
You were on the old forum?

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes.

I was 'RomeoRomero'.

I'm wondering if all my old posts survived somehow.

HLS
24-Nov-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes.

I was 'RomeoRomero'.

Wow i did not know you were from the old forum. i am finding that I am getting to now people better in this formum vs the old forum. many people from the old forum i did not know existed till we moved here. Must be for the posts are easier to read.

axlish
24-Nov-2006, 02:04 PM
I didn't care for the old forum set up at all. Important topics were buried under nonsence. Here, the cream rises to the top.

Philly_SWAT
24-Nov-2006, 02:56 PM
Yes.

I was 'RomeoRomero'.

Well, I went to the old forums and searched for your name. "no matches found". So to answer your question, your "old posts" do not seem to have survived. Although mine have, as well as hundreds of others......

Danny
24-Nov-2006, 02:57 PM
well since i currently have <--- that many posts on here and only about 22 on the old one its safe to say i prefer this one.:)

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 03:00 PM
Philly,

I'm not a liar. My nickname was RomeoRomero. :rockbrow:

_liam_
24-Nov-2006, 03:00 PM
this one is better i think, but the one neil designed definitely had its merits, like being able to see who was in the chatroom before you went in, some other stuff.

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 03:03 PM
Philly:

http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&q=RomeoRomero&btnG=Cerca+con+Google&meta=

RomeoRomero Replies : 11 Views : 386, Forum : Polls Posted : Wed Aug 24 , 2005 11 : 22 am Subject : Italy ! I ' m Italian , i live in Naples . ...

My posts DIDN'T survive.

I'm always right.

Please, pal, don't make me waste some precious time :lol: I'm too busy in the Living Dead movies business :lol:

Neil
24-Nov-2006, 04:10 PM
I didn't care for the old forum set up at all. Important topics were buried under nonsence. Here, the cream rises to the top.

*cough*

With Loom, the appopriate forums had "weighting" enabled. ie: Replies would push a thread back upto the top.

That was a definable option. Infact Loom could display forums as threaded, or BB style, with replies "weighted" or not "weighted", and you could change any forum on the fly to any format...

Maybe one day VBB will catch up :)

this one is better i think, but the one neil designed definitely had its merits, like being able to see who was in the chatroom before you went in, some other stuff.

I will get try and get around to modding this forum so when someone is in the chat room, a nice clear bar appears at the top of the page to:-
a) Show you someone is on the chat room.
b) Show you who is in the chat room.

MikePizzoff
24-Nov-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, I went to the old forums and searched for your name. "no matches found". So to answer your question, your "old posts" do not seem to have survived. Although mine have, as well as hundreds of others......

I vaguely remember him being on the old forums.

Philly_SWAT
24-Nov-2006, 04:24 PM
Philly:

RomeoRomero Replies : 11 Views : 386, Forum : Polls Posted : Wed Aug 24 , 2005 11 : 22 am Subject : Italy ! I ' m Italian , i live in Naples . ...

My posts DIDN'T survive.

I'm always right.

Please, pal, don't make me waste some precious time :lol: I'm too busy in the Living Dead movies business :lol:

Ummmm.....those stats are for www.undeadfilms.com, not the old HPOTD dead message board. Using logic like that, I guess you are never wrong.....

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 04:48 PM
Philly,

I was in the old forum too... guess I was very found of this nickname at that time.

Philly_SWAT
24-Nov-2006, 05:16 PM
Philly,

I was in the old forum too... guess I was very found of this nickname at that time.
It may in fact be that you were on the old forum here on HPOTD. I am not saying you are lying (although I did infer that in a sarcastic way earlier). What I am saying here is that you used stats from a google search for a totally different website as "proof" that you were using the old forums here. In the grand scheme of life, it matters little whether you were or you werent a member on the old board, what matters more is that you think a little bit before posting, and check facts before offering "proof". As you know, we were chatting in the chat room earlier for quite a while and had a good conversation. However, I do wish you would use a little more forethought when posting something. If you know something, then you know. If you think something, then that is what you think. Dont confuse what you think with what you know. You, and everyone else, is entitled to think whatever you want. But if you try to pass off something that you think as something that is a "fact", as if you "know" it to be true, that is where confrontations can occur, whether on an internet chat board, or in real life. Just food for thought. After thinking about it, seems as if I do vaguely remember a RomeoRomero on the old board. That is not the point, however.

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 05:24 PM
Philly,

I think very carefully before posting, trust me. This is not my first experience in the infamous "message board department". I just checked GOOGLE out in order to see for myself if "some traces" of good ol' RomeoRomero had lasted in the bigger scheme of the things. It wasn't supposed to be a "proof", neither I was offended by your sarcastic remark.
On the other hand, I never mistaked what I know for what i think and viceversa.
I offered to this board a lot of (hopefully interesting) "theories" but never "facts".
There's a fine line.

Deadman_Deluxe
24-Nov-2006, 05:24 PM
Philly:

My posts DIDN'T survive.

I'm always right.

The Alive Man, those forums are NOT the old homepageofthedead.com forums ... they are forums from another website!

You only arrived here at homepageofthedead.com last month, and as Philly has already looked and found no matches for your username on the old homepageofthedead.com forums ...

The question posed was "were you a member on the old homepageofthedead.com forums" not the forums from a totally different website :lol:

Confused? DOT COM!!!!

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 05:27 PM
Deadman,

I remember to have been a member of the OLD HPOTD FORUM too... under that nickname. :dead: I don't know why my friggin' old posts don't result yet. :dead:

axlish
24-Nov-2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl?f=4&mode=show_acc&show_user=RomeoRomero&ign=1164405960156

MinionZombie
24-Nov-2006, 06:17 PM
lol @ the "Stop Minion... it's not the same thing!" post. Strengths as in capabilities, hand-eye-co-ordination, puzzle solving - not being able to bench press 400 or something. :lol: Flesh isn't concrete either. :D:p

The Alive Man
24-Nov-2006, 06:29 PM
http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi/forum/forum.pl?f=4&mode=show_acc&show_user=RomeoRomero&ign=1164405960156

Now I know that God exists.:lol:

Deadman_Deluxe
24-Nov-2006, 07:14 PM
Now I know that God exists.:lol:

Lol ... and all was forgiven :D

Mikey
26-Nov-2006, 12:39 AM
You're the best!!!

The Alive Man
26-Nov-2006, 12:40 AM
You're the best!!!

Me? I'm human after all. :p

Brubaker
28-Nov-2006, 02:22 AM
I had about 5-6 posts on the old forums a long time ago. I dove head first into a thread as if it were a pool with no water. I'm not sure what the topic was but someone really put me in my place and soundly whipped me in a debate that had something to do with Dawn.

Having been put in my place, I slunk off for a far more conservative life as a regular lurker, who would reemerge much later. I don't even know what my user ID was back then, so I can't offer proof of my having been there for all of half a dozen posts. However, my "legacy" on the old board is one that I would prefer remain forgotten :D