PDA

View Full Version : More Wii Exclusive goodies! The game Sadness

Terran
24-Nov-2006, 04:23 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/721/721396p1.html

the game will be shown entirely in black and white. For Sadness, Nibris is trying to create a haunting atmosphere of Victorian-era horror. In order to better increase the photorealism of the in-game environments Nibris opted for this graphical technique. If this pans out, the game could end up being visually distinct from anything else out there.

Sadness will not have any in-game menu system or HUD. Unlike pretty much every other game on the market, Nibris is attempting to amplify the horrific aspects of their game by making the world as realistic and immersive as possible. This also corresponds to the in-game usage of the Wiimote. "We are aiming at completely intuitive behaviour of the player - just as in life. Every choice a player makes is essential - if you experience traumatic events in your life, they are with you all the time. This will be the same in Sadness. We want the player to feel that he is participating in events, not merely playing a game," says Piotr Bielatowicz, game designer. The Wiimote is going to be a key element in elaborating on this gameplay goal: operations using the Wiimote will be completely intuitive. If there is an item in the environment, such as an umbrella, the player need only reach out with the Wiimote and grab that item. The player can then manipulate that item realistically through motioning with the controller. This should provide players with a whole new level of involvement in the actions of the game's characters. As a further effort to heighten the realism of the game, Nibris has said that they will be employing a save system that will be completely invisible to the player.

Im pretty stoked about the details so far man...

Heres some game art....

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/721/721396/sadness-20060727010358876.jpg
http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revolution/image/article/704/704985/sadness-20060504033205729.jpg

cool quote from the game....

"...In my head there is a voice, different from the others. Whenever it answers it overwhelms the remaining voices, it mixes up thoughts and destroys peace. It tells me that I'm only mixed up in a thought which yearns to prove its own existence. It is the original voice, which wants to free itself from my head, to free itself from the logic and reason it is being stifled by. It is the voice of chaos which is now screaming frightfully in my head for me to take an axe resting against the wall and cut off my father's head..."

Youtube video....I dont really know how to insert it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLE9B_clHXs

MinionZombie
24-Nov-2006, 06:10 PM
That looks pretty snazzy (I could have sworn the Wii's sold in your sig pic thing was up to around 700,000 ... hmmm). It's this sort of thing that's kept Nintendo in the game while others have fallen by the wayside - and by the looks of things, that list of wayside-dwellers is gonna get one bigger...:sneaky:

CoinReturn
24-Nov-2006, 06:36 PM
sounds too emo

MikePizzoff
24-Nov-2006, 08:40 PM
Looks like it could be pretty good. Can't wait to see more on this.

Danny
24-Nov-2006, 09:03 PM
sounds too emo

i dunno final fantasy 8 was pretty damn emo now that i think about it....:shifty:

nLE9B_clHXs

oh and for those that cant be arsed to read how, which included me (i think niel or andy told me) to input a youtube vid do this

-the code at the end of the page address-

but as one word sorta thing.

Terran
25-Nov-2006, 06:52 PM
That looks pretty snazzy (I could have sworn the Wii's sold in your sig pic thing was up to around 700,000 ... hmmm). It's

Well to quote the page that supplies the numbers

", these numbers are only estimates, but they are constantly monitored and updated to assure the closest estimates possible for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Wii."

The 700,000 number was an estimate based upon the numbers that nintendo was claiming they distributed to US retailers....
Apparently the actual number of Nintendos released in the US is much less than they intially promissed so the numbers on Nextgenwars were corrected based upon more accurate release numbers....

Rottedfreak
25-Nov-2006, 07:15 PM
To think all those months ago people were saying the next big N console would be inferior and pointless. Technically it is inferior but the Wiimote and Nintendo exclusives makes it a must buy. Besides it's been repeatedly stated once they go out of the console/handheld business, everything goes, they won't be making games for any system.

Danny
25-Nov-2006, 09:40 PM
yeah but the wii does seem to have one downside for the clumsy:

http://www.level99comic.com/index.php?itemid=266

capncnut
25-Nov-2006, 10:45 PM
Kinda looks good but that trailer gave NOTHING away!

Danny
26-Nov-2006, 12:07 AM
im guessing poe or lovecraft rip off, but hey horror on ninteys consoel is rare, and usually good.

Terran
26-Nov-2006, 12:24 AM
Kinda looks good but that trailer gave NOTHING away!

Yeah they are keeping very tight lipped about everything ... The video was something I just found after the story information...and I included it just because.... :D