PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new toy!!!

MikePizzoff
26-Nov-2006, 04:37 PM
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/1/8/273918.jpg

Bought this puppy last night. Same guitar KK Downing (frmo Priest, duh!) uses. A friend of mine has owned it for only a year and hardly played it because he's a drummer. Great condition. Sold it to me, along with a hardcase, for $340. It's my new baby.

My guitar collection is getting pretty big.

radiokill
26-Nov-2006, 05:09 PM
sweet!!!
I'd look like a total ass playing that, but it's a really cool guitar!

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 05:47 PM
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/1/8/273918.jpg

Bought this puppy last night. Same guitar KK Downing (frmo Priest, duh!) uses. A friend of mine has owned it for only a year and hardly played it because he's a drummer. Great condition. Sold it to me, along with a hardcase, for $340. It's my new baby.

My guitar collection is getting pretty big.

Interesting. how many guitars do you have in your collection?

MikePizzoff
26-Nov-2006, 06:26 PM
Actually not that many.

-Gibson Faded V (pictured above)
-Ibanez Stagestar
-Carlo Robelli accoustic
-BC Rich Warlock
-Ibanez RG Series
-ESP LTD
-Washburn Dimebag Darryl
-Gretsch Electromatic bass
-Ibanez Rockett Roller (These have been out of production since somewhere around 1980. I can't find a single webpage with this model listed, not even vintage Ibanez pages. I really want to know how much that guitar runs for.)

9 guitars and I don't plan on stopping.

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually not that many.

-Gibson Faded V (pictured above)
-Ibanez Stagestar
-Carlo Robelli accoustic
-BC Rich Warlock
-Ibanez RG Series
-ESP LTD
-Washburn Dimebag Darryl
-Gretsch Electromatic bass
-Ibanez Rockett Roller (These have been out of production since somewhere around 1980. I can't find a single webpage with this model listed, not even vintage Ibanez pages. I really want to know how much that guitar runs for.)

Well good luck with that. I suspect if that Ibanez is that hard to find, I would not be suprised if it is worth a pretty penny or 2. You should take it to one of those traveling antique shows where they appraise your merchandise. I do not know if you ever saw the show on PBS but generally if it is an amazing item you may get to be on TV.

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 07:25 PM

*plays riff to Primal Concrete Sledge and moshes violently* :evil:

Philly_SWAT
26-Nov-2006, 09:50 PM
Actually not that many.

Not that many? LOL

How many people on this board even have one guitar!

Danny
27-Nov-2006, 01:33 AM
ive got one piece of **** custard yellow one ,the brands a "stargazer" or something and i have tried that in google and found nothing, i really should learn to play it sometime.:D

capncnut
27-Nov-2006, 01:37 AM
Owned a geetar once. Spent too much time pretending to play it than actually playing it though! :lol:

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2006, 03:36 AM
Not that many? LOL

How many people on this board even have one guitar!

Haha, sorry. I just figured there might be someone on here that would say "Pffft, I own around 30."

My friends Dad had to buy a small warehouse to store all of his guitars/amps. Last I heard his collection was at like 45 guitars and this was about 7 years ago.

radiokill
27-Nov-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't plan on getting another guitar unless I actually start performing again...

Fender JagStang

Yamaha DX-16 or something like that (electric/acoustic)

Two circa 1940s toy store type guitars, no brand name, maybe sears, I can still play 'em, tho.....ones a dobro

...and I've got a banjo I haven't figured out how to play yet.

MikePizzoff
27-Nov-2006, 11:00 PM
I wish I could play the banjo... they seem pretty farkin complicated.

slickwilly13
27-Nov-2006, 11:32 PM
Nice looking toy. I guess this means you won't be getting a SEXBOX 369 any time soon. ;)

radiokill
27-Nov-2006, 11:53 PM
I wish I could play the banjo... they seem pretty farkin complicated.

Yeah...but it seems like it would be possible with regular practice. but, I can't get past the basics because you're supposed to prop your picking hand up with your pinky and ring finger, but I can't get my ring finger to fully extend independent of my middle finger and that has really put a damper on things....It makes it to where my middle fingers kinda jerks when I try to pick with it.

Maitreya
28-Nov-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm personally not a fan of flying Vs, I personally prefer teles, I'm pretty much a Fender guy, but it's a Gibson so you know it's gotta sound good... I'm not too familiar with that model though, what's it sound like? Something like an SG?

bassman
28-Nov-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah...but it seems like it would be possible with regular practice. but, I can't get past the basics because you're supposed to prop your picking hand up with your pinky and ring finger, but I can't get my ring finger to fully extend independent of my middle finger and that has really put a damper on things....It makes it to where my middle fingers kinda jerks when I try to pick with it.

Yeah...I'm in the process of learning the Banjo. It can be a bit difficult. I think my experience as a bassist is helping, though.

Nice Flying V, Mike. As stated before, I'm not a fan of them either, but they're nice guitars. The next on your list should be a PRS.:D Now THOSE are some nice electric guitars. Run that baby through a Mesa Triple Rectifier. Ouch....

MikePizzoff
28-Nov-2006, 05:09 PM
Never seen, let alone played, a PRS. I assume they're pretty pricey?

raym
28-Nov-2006, 08:08 PM
Holy cwap!

MikePizzoff, that pic in your sig is from The Monster Squad! ^_^

MikePizzoff
28-Nov-2006, 09:52 PM
Holy cwap!

MikePizzoff, that pic in your sig is from The Monster Squad! ^_^

Yes sir, I captured it myself.

coma
29-Nov-2006, 12:18 AM
If you don't have a harmony you aint sh!t.

I got a HArmony Flying V Bass. Pretty Awesome
A P Bass Copy that wiugha million pounds, but sustains forever. Literally a no name. No name on any part anywhere.
A Gibdon Les PA\aul Jr (My baby)
BC Rich Warlock, with a broken headstock. A drunk A-Hole did that. Fixed it, but not the same. Sniff.
A Cheapo Electric that sounds like cat butt.
A couple acoustics whose name I cant remember and I cant bother checking:)
A Crate 2X12 circa 1990
A sweet Pignose
One of those tiny marshalls that sounds great on recordings

A fender sidekick 3o bass amp that is way louder than it should be
about 20 or so stompboxes and an E Bow which is a killer tool

Now my Mic collection, that is pretty sweet.