PDA

View Full Version : History In Gaming Consoles

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 07:09 PM
I came accross this website. Kinda took me down memory lane. I remember owning a Milton Bradly Microvision back in 1979/80.

http://www.videotopia.com/games2.htm

scotty Boy
26-Nov-2006, 07:33 PM
WOW absolutly amzing site thanks alot for that, i have a magzine which has all the consoles from the begining upto the N64 and i read through it every now and then!

Nothing better than a little bit of nostalgia

Cheers

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 08:28 PM
Nothing better than a little bit of nostalgia

You can't beat a bit of retro gaming. Whenever I have a bad day or feel pissed off in general, I always pull out an old console and whack on a decent retro classic. It's kinda like a comfort zone for me.

MikePizzoff
26-Nov-2006, 10:26 PM
I had a hand-me-down of the Microvision! That thing sucked (compared to what else was out in 1990) but I still played it anyway.

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 10:46 PM
I had a hand-me-down of the Microvision! That thing sucked (compared to what else was out in 1990) but I still played it anyway.

I had it when it was a new thing back in the late 70's and back then it was the thing to have

capncnut
26-Nov-2006, 10:54 PM
I very nearly bought an original Pong machine from my local GameStation a while back. It was quite expensive and I had to question the reasons of owning one, would I actually play the thing or would I just own it to show off to my pals? I managed to get me a little playtest and it was in perfect working order!

Still got my eye on that Colecovision in the window. :sneaky:

HLS
26-Nov-2006, 11:06 PM
I very nearly bought an original Pong machine from my local GameStation a while back. It was quite expensive and I had to question the reasons of owning one, would I actually play the thing or would I just own it to show off to my pals? I managed to get me a little playtest and it was in perfect working order!

Still got my eye on that Colecovision in the window. :sneaky:

Still impressive

Cykotic
27-Nov-2006, 12:32 PM
I have an original Sega Master System somewhere that still works. If I'm feeling nostalgic, I just put the console on, put in the cartridge for "Strider" and I'm away!