PDA

View Full Version : worst GAR film..

DEAD BEAT
27-Nov-2006, 03:23 PM
o.k. we all praise GAR'S great films but now like ever director its not always sunshine!

what do you think was GAR'S boner of a movie was?

"There's always vanilla" made me shiiiit vanilla after viewing!:D

radiokill
27-Nov-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm betting that stuff he filmed about OJ was bad...but I haven't seen it...can't call it

Danny
27-Nov-2006, 04:42 PM
day has gotten a bit broing now and i cant seem to sit down and watch it al the way through anymore, though i fell asleep during the crazies if that says something.

scotty Boy
27-Nov-2006, 05:25 PM
It has to be Martin for me, i just couldnt really get hooked on it like i do with his others. just seemed too plain

capncnut
27-Nov-2006, 05:25 PM
Mmm... I will have to think about this one a bit more. One thing I can say now is that it's gonna one of his 90's flicks. Vanilla is okay for what it is and I can't totally hate Bruiser so that's the two most 'popular' choices out of the window.

It has to be Martin for me, i just couldnt really get hooked on it like i do with his others. just seemed too plain

Say WHAT? Martin is his best in my opinion.

Loved Martin, the characterisation and atmosphere in that movie are goosebump inducing. The score was pretty damn good too. Wow, each to their own I guess matey.

coma
27-Nov-2006, 05:38 PM
Season of the Witch. By a mile.
Never saw Vanilla.

And Martin is plain?
I thought it was creepy. I thought the apt scene where he presses the phone buttons is scary as hell. And I love the film stock. Looks like Dawn and the Crazies.

Minerva_Zombi
27-Nov-2006, 06:54 PM
Monkey Shines or The Dark Half. Both of those I just can't find myself too interested in.

bassman
27-Nov-2006, 07:00 PM
I haven't found one that I absolutely hate just yet......then again, I haven't seen many outside the Dead films.

Monkey Shines or The Dark Half. Both of those I just can't find myself too interested in.

I loved "The Dark Half", man.:D

Dawg
27-Nov-2006, 07:59 PM
I haven't found one that I absolutely hate just yet......then again, I haven't seen many outside the Dead films.

I haven't seen any bad Romero movies yet, but I haven't seen 'Vanilla' or 'Bruiser'. I liked the 'Crazies', especially since it is so much like 'NOTLD'. I like 'The Dark Half'. The one thing that sucked was having to wait to see it though since Orion went bankrupt back then and that film as well as 'Robocop 2 or 3' were in limbo for awhile before another studio picked them up for distribution.

:dead: Dawg

The Alive Man
27-Nov-2006, 08:07 PM
I like BRUISER, and think it's all in all well done, but it's his worst movie so far. The last third of the movie is so anti-climatic, you know.

scotty Boy
27-Nov-2006, 08:15 PM
looks like im on my own with eth Martin one then!
I just couldnt get into the film, sounds weird but i got bored after a while. Why? i dont know.

I love monkey shines its brilliant especially the monkey (i forget its name) everything about it is amazing :) and the dark half i thought was a bit wierd but never the less a great film to watch

DEAD BEAT
27-Nov-2006, 10:06 PM
looks like im on my own with eth Martin one then!
I just couldnt get into the film, sounds weird but i got bored after a while. Why? i dont know.

I love monkey shines its brilliant especially the monkey (i forget its name) everything about it is amazing :) and the dark half i thought was a bit wierd but never the less a great film to watch

well they did show some knockers in that movie my friend,so i can't complain!;)

scotty Boy
27-Nov-2006, 10:44 PM
well they did show some knockers in that movie my friend,so i can't complain!;)

HAHA typical

Brubaker
28-Nov-2006, 02:38 AM
Khardis hasn't posted in here yet? He wasn't the one who started this thread? Remarkable, considering his general opinion is that "Romero has been in a slump since the 70's" :rolleyes:

radiokill
28-Nov-2006, 02:50 AM

I was taken to the theatre to watch The Dark Half for my 11th or 10th birthday. I was merely a King fan then, oblivious to the great work of George. Cool movie.

Cykotic
28-Nov-2006, 06:21 AM
I keep falling asleep everytime I see the Crazies (Oh the nightmares I've had due to that film... priceless!)

I've never seen "Martin" so I can't comment, but "The Dark Half" and "Monkey Shines" just plain suck...

sorry!

capncnut
28-Nov-2006, 07:57 AM
Okay, I'm gonna have to decide on Monkey Shines. I hate to but damn, it's a horrible question. :D

Tied2thetracks
28-Nov-2006, 10:07 AM
Season of the witch. I own a VHS copy of it and tried and tried again to watch it but I cannot stay awake for this thing. Never saw Vanilla.
Romero dosn't have many bad films, just alot of medeocer ones.

I love teh Crazies, Martin is a good film, and Bruiser was a nice change of pace.

Philly_SWAT
28-Nov-2006, 10:51 AM
I think his worse effort was that stuff he did for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when the zombies ripped out the throat of that poor milkman explaining about the dairy industry........

Oh wait, that didnt happen!:)

radiokill
28-Nov-2006, 03:01 PM
I think his worse effort was that stuff he did for Mr. Roger's Neighborhood when the zombies ripped out the throat of that poor milkman explaining about the dairy industry........

Oh wait, that didnt happen!:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's Vanilla? Never heard of it. I'm hoping it's not this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435505/).

DEAD BEAT
28-Nov-2006, 03:27 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's Vanilla? Never heard of it. I'm hoping it's not this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435505/).

ha ha nice one!
:lol:

The Alive Man
28-Nov-2006, 03:30 PM
Shame on Italy, here THE CRAZIES is anywhere available.

coma
28-Nov-2006, 04:38 PM
Season of the witch. I own a VHS copy of it and tried and tried again to watch it but I cannot stay awake for this thing. Never saw Vanilla.
Romero dosn't have many bad films, just alot of medeocer ones.

I love teh Crazies, Martin is a good film, and Bruiser was a nice change of pace.
I think MArtin Is GAR's other great one. And I liked Bruiser. I kept hearing how it sucked and I saw it and enjoyed it. LAcked atmosphere but I like it.
The only reson people pick Bruiser or Monkeyshines is because the haven't seen Season of the Witch.
I saw it in a theatre and the onlt reason I didn't walk out is that I didn't have a way home until later. After I snuck into Porkys and I was much happier.
They used to show The Crazies on Saturdays on regular TV in the 80s all the time and I think it rocks. Other than the Dead series I have seen the craziesthe most. The blood sure looks good on those radiation suits.
Plus it has Dr Logan (He's the Dad who bangs his daughter).

Shame on Italy, here THE CRAZIES is anywhere available.
Do you mean NOT available (a shame cause it sucks), or easily available?

otisbenny
28-Nov-2006, 11:20 PM
I can't stand The Dark Half. It has none of GARS flair and style. It looks like any crappy Steven King film to me.
And I also think Martin is his greatest work outside the dead films. Very moody and original. A bit slow, but that works to an advantage here. and Pittsburgh has never looked so depressing onscreen.