PDA

View Full Version : the living dead at the manchester morgue

Danny
29-Nov-2006, 07:01 AM
i got this on dvd for £1.99 at a music zone store a while back adn only just watched it all the way through, gotta say it dragged in places but i liked it a lot, definatley one of the better night of the living dead mimics, though i can see how this may have inspired 28 days later a bit too, what with the not so slow red eyed angry zombies...
if you got the cash i suggest you look it up, it aint that bad....well cept for the amount of bloody titles its under.:rolleyes:

Breakfast at the Manchester Morgue (1974)
Don't Open the Window (1974) (USA)
Fin de semana para los muertos (1974) (Spain) (working title)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974) (USA)
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue, The (1974) (UK)
No profanar el sueño de los muertos (1975) (Spain)
Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974)
Zombi 3 (Da dove vieni?) (1974) (Italy)

anyone else seen this one?

chal
29-Nov-2006, 07:07 AM
Good film.

Most weekends I drive past a place in the country that really reminds me of the setting of God's Acre - always makes me think of this.

The main male character is a dick though!

Danny
29-Nov-2006, 07:53 AM
acutally theres an old harry enfield sketch thats pretty much all those 60's type to a t, something about a guy picking up a woman off the street, taking her to his house sleeping with here stating "i thought you might" when she says shes in lvoe with him then he dumps her, but he talks with that same smug "you are giving me a lift, and im dirving" type attitude.

chal
29-Nov-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm still wondering about the naked chick at the beginning. Spanish director is the answer to that one, i think!

Danny
29-Nov-2006, 08:16 AM
yeah i gotta agree on that one:lol:

capncnut
29-Nov-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah, great little flick! For £1.99, you got a bargain Hellz.

rawrOTD
29-Nov-2006, 08:45 PM
i liked it
a bit slow
but when it warms up the zombies are great