PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 2.0...

MinionZombie
29-Nov-2006, 12:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone has installed Firefox 2.0 yet, I just heard about it and was reading up on it, looks rather spiffing, but I didn't want to install it just yet in case there was anything wrong with it or whatnot.

Anyone tried it out?

chal
29-Nov-2006, 12:36 PM
Been using it for a while now on linux (ubuntu and fedora) and windows. The Flash plugin for the linux version can be a little flaky but that's the only problem i've found.

Overall, new features are nice - haven't found anything major with it yet.

Kaos
29-Nov-2006, 12:51 PM
I have been using it since it came out. It works great. The only caution I would extend is to check to see if your "must have" extensions have been upgraded to handle the 2.0 version.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Dec-2006, 01:32 AM
I have Firefox 1.5 and it will stay 1.5... you know why?

Don't fix what ain't friggin' broken

MinionZombie
01-Dec-2006, 10:55 AM
lol

I upgraded to 2.0 t'other day and it's not bad, basically the same, but with improved features ... although if someone knows how to turn off this spell check function for good, let me know.

The improved Ad-block stuff is good, there's the usual way of blocking an advert and a new way that does other ads. If only they did those annoying flash-based ads like ActionTrip.com is covered with. Ever since they slapped all that crap advertising all over their site it's run like total ass for me (the site I mean). :(