PDA

View Full Version : foreign makeovers...

DEAD BEAT
29-Nov-2006, 02:30 PM
it seems hollywood doesnt have a clue by remaking classic zombie flicks that didnt need one!

but there are some that could use it,my example would be:
"Night of the Zombies" that movie was a little corny but kept my attention and i think if it was made into an american version or even a better version it might stand up to the kings!

lets face it although we saw the theatrical version of dawn first,and like myself im sure we all dig the dario argento version.
but after watching that version the other night i think that if that was the only version ever made dawn would not stand as the classic that it is! no?:rolleyes:

capncnut
30-Nov-2006, 05:10 AM
The Argento cut may have extra scenes but the whole makeover took away more than it gave. Apart from a very limited number of improved musical changes, what do you really get with the Euro cut of Dawn? Bad pacing, major storyline edits, awful title sequences, crap re-usage of the Goblin soundtrack, the list continues. But as I said, there were some cool soundtrack changes, like the scene where Peter and Roger shut the store doors during the initial raid which I though was better.

I totally agree with you. Dawn would not be considered a classic if the Argento cut was the sole representation.

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:58 AM
meh, im more of a to each his own kinda guy if i think it sucks ill still watch it all the way through....like the god aweful crocodile hunter movie (but we snuck in to it see too:lol:) then bitch later but when it comes to cuts of films theyve never made much difference to the viewing experience to me, cept maybe del toros hellboy cut but that was only cus there were a few extra scenes that explained the plot differences between the comic and film a little better.