PDA

View Full Version : An interesting DOUBT...

The Alive Man
29-Nov-2006, 08:09 PM
... which popped up in my mind while reading about 'U.F.O.'

If we would search for the "reason" behind the reanimation, we should kill a man in the space (an astronaut) and see if he re-animates as Living Dead.
That would reveil if the re-animation is actually caused by the radiation in Earth's atmosphere or an even higher force in the universe.

Interesting.

Scousezombie
29-Nov-2006, 08:46 PM
Interesting idea, although it might be tricky to obtain a suitable test subject.

For example, if reanimation is caused by exposure to a certain type of radiation, or a virus, it is possible that the astronaut in question may have been exposed to it prior to travelling into space. If radiation is the cause and the radiation is coming from space, the astronaut may be exposed to even higher doeses than people on the ground.

It should be possible to rule out radiation by killing someone deep underground, in a location that is shielded from radiation, having first ensured that they are decontaminated, i.e. no dust on their skin or clothing or potentially contaminated food still in their system. I'm thinking of the type of decontamination procedure that the scientists went through in Andromeda Strain.

In reality, I would think that it would not be too hard to determine the cause for a trained scientist once they have a few 'live' specimens to study. Some mechanism must provide energy to the creatures muscles to allow them to move, unless they truly are defying the known laws of biology and physics and are supernatural in nature...

HLS
29-Nov-2006, 08:49 PM

If we would search for the "reason" behind the reanimation, we should kill a man in the space (an astronaut) and see if he re-animates as Living Dead.
That would reveil if the re-animation is actually caused by the radiation in Earth's atmosphere or an even higher force in the universe.

Interesting.

You are not serious are you??? I do not know what to say to your post. But assuming that you already know zombies only exist in the movies, I do not think its a good idea.If a zombie outbreak would happen in a real life senerio I would think it would be a result from a man made virus or biological warfare of some sort.

radiokill
29-Nov-2006, 08:51 PM
Interesting idea, although it might be tricky to obtain a suitable test subject.

For example, if reanimation is caused by exposure to a certain type of radiation, or a virus, it is possible that the astronaut in question may have been exposed to it prior to travelling into space. If radiation is the cause and the radiation is coming from space, the astronaut may be exposed to even higher doeses than people on the ground.

It should be possible to rule out radiation by killing someone deep underground, in a location that is shielded from radiation, having first ensured that they are decontaminated, i.e. no dust on their skin or clothing or potentially contaminated food still in their system. I'm thinking of the type of decontamination procedure that the scientists went through in Andromeda Strain.

In reality, I would think that it would not be too hard to determine the cause for a trained scientist once they have a few 'live' specimens to study. Some mechanism must provide energy to the creatures muscles to allow them to move, unless they truly are defying the known laws of biology and physics and are supernatural in nature...

would you really kill someone or find a volunteer that's terminally ill?

Philly_SWAT
29-Nov-2006, 10:21 PM

Interesting.

I already tried all this, and nothing happend. Man, I miss dear old Dad though...........

Deadman_Deluxe
29-Nov-2006, 10:23 PM

Interesting.

If it ever got to that point ... i have a feeling that the staff at NASA would be "on strike" ;)

However, i personally doubt that "radiation" would play ANY part in either the cause OR the the reanimation process.

In fact i have always suspected that the one and only reason for including the information regarding the returning venus space probe into earths atmosphere in the original NOTLD was to place blame on a possible suspect "germ" or "virus" picked up by the probe from somewhere in space ... rather than "radiation" which would most likely have come from the battery cells within the probe itself.

HLS
29-Nov-2006, 10:26 PM
I already tried all this, and nothing happend. Man, I miss dear old Dad though...........

hehehehehehehehe:D

creepntom
30-Nov-2006, 12:40 AM
If a zombie outbreak would happen in a real life senerio I would think it would be a result from a man made virus or biological warfare of some sort.

i work for umbrella :elol:

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:54 AM
me too, did you get the snazzy watch at the door?:D

as for the first post A:i doubt anyone would spend that much just to murder someone, B: ITS NOT REAL!

capncnut
30-Nov-2006, 09:00 AM
If we would search for the "reason" behind the reanimation, we should kill a man in the space (an astronaut) and see if he re-animates as Living Dead. That would reveil if the re-animation is actually caused by the radiation in Earth's atmosphere or an even higher force in the universe.

Why would anybody care as to whether it came from Earth or space, it's not exactly gonna solve the situation is it? Besides, it's not as if you can take 20 years worth of food and all your belongings in a spaceship and live on another planet and if you could, maybe that planet will succumb to the same thing in years to come and if it did you would have to... etc. :lol:

The Alive Man
30-Nov-2006, 10:33 AM
Governments are able to kill men just for the sake of it.

I think they would do that just in need to figure out what's going on on Earth and, above all, HOW.

Anyway, if the Astronaut comes from the already-infested Earth, radiation must already saturate his body, so if he dies in orbit he will become a Living Dead... of course.
That's if radiation is the main point.

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:14 PM
actually what fi you were an astronaut, you lose all contact with earth,and wheh you make an emrgency re-entry you discover the whole planet has been overrun by the living dead in your absence? beats the waking up from a coma thing people use so friggin often.

yes i know im a writing genius:lol:

The Alive Man
30-Nov-2006, 05:30 PM
actually what fi you were an astronaut, you lose all contact with earth,and wheh you make an emrgency re-entry you discover the whole planet has been overrun by the living dead in your absence? beats the waking up from a coma thing people use so friggin often.

DAMN! That's even greater than the 28 DAYS LATER thing... man, I'll add you to my buddy list :lol:

Danny
30-Nov-2006, 05:56 PM
ill email that one to romero,lol.

or uwe boll with a large copyright symbol and a "haha" at the bottom:lol:

Deadman_Deluxe
30-Nov-2006, 08:13 PM

Hate to p1ss on your bonfire, but that is actually the script for DEFCON 4 ... (well known "cult" sci-fi/post apocalypse movie) only replace the zombies with mutated cannibals.

Sorry :lol:

DVW5150
30-Nov-2006, 08:22 PM
Deadman Deluxe wrote : " In fact i have always suspected that the one and only reason for including the information regarding the returning venus space probe into earths atmosphere in the original NOTLD was to place blame on a possible suspect "germ" or "virus" picked up by the probe from somewhere in space ... rather than "radiation" which would most likely have come from the battery cells within the probe itself. "
Radiation breaks things down , cannot bring "life" back into the former . Good point . A bacteria/germ seems more realistic . Scarier actually , to me at least .:skull: That would explain its spreading by death .

hadrian0117
01-Dec-2006, 12:13 AM
would you really kill someone or find a volunteer that's terminally ill?

There's a third option. Just pick some guy at random off death-row.

deadpunk
01-Dec-2006, 05:18 AM

:D <---This is my big sh*t eating grin, because I've read neil's subscribed members only story TESTAMENT.

That alone was worth the price of a subscription my friends...

The Alive Man
02-Dec-2006, 03:45 PM
There's a third option. Just pick some guy at random off death-row.

Logical.:rolleyes:

coma
02-Dec-2006, 05:51 PM

I've heard of that.
It was called Planet of the Apes
except, uh, Apes rather than Zombies

You're still a genius, just slightly diminished:)

And that coma bit was only in 28 days later and The Walking Dead comic. I dont think thats "so Often"

deadpunk
02-Dec-2006, 06:57 PM
Let's launch a dog into space with prerecorded instructions and see if it can follow them and...wait...what's that?

Damn...there really are no original ideas left.

The Alive Man
03-Dec-2006, 12:53 AM
Let's launch a dog into space with prerecorded instructions and see if it can follow them and...wait...what's that?

Damn...there really are no original ideas left.

Your puppy is not gonna turn into a Living Dead, if you're still firmly placed in GAR's private space...

deadpunk
03-Dec-2006, 06:04 AM
Your puppy is not gonna turn into a Living Dead, if you're still firmly placed in GAR's private space...

First...you're way too literal. That was, I say, that was a joke son! ;)

Second...you're wrong. Read the original script for LAND. Check out the zombie rats at the wharf. Just because it didn't make it to film, doesn't mean it doesn't exist in 'GAR's Private Space'. :D

Danny
03-Dec-2006, 07:19 AM
FINALLY! someone else knows about the damn zombie rats!:D