PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Piper diagnosed with cancer.

Purge
30-Nov-2006, 01:46 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper announced via his official website that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and will begin treatment to battle the disease immediately.

The cancer was found after Piper was hospitalized for the removal of a benign tumor in his back that had been causing Piper tremendous pain. As we noted earlier today, there had been great relief when the tumor was ruled benign, but additional tests found the lymphoma.

Piper, on his official website, commented, "It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life. But this fight, is one I am gonna win!"

Piper, considered to be one of the top heels of the 1980s and one of the all time greatest talkers in the history of the business, had a DVD devoted to his life and career released earlier this month by World Wrestling Entertainment titled, "Born to Controversy."

Although he recently had a short WWE Tag Team championship run with Ric Flair, Piper had been more focused on his acting career of late, booking several independent films and a Trvial Pursuit board game commercial while developing a one man show that would look at the more comical aspects of his career.

Met him at Chiller a few years back, and he couldn't stop smiling and shaking hands with the fans. I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

_liam_
30-Nov-2006, 01:49 AM
bad news. lymphoma is particularly nasty and took joey ramone a few years back.

mind you it's beyond question the guy has a fair degree of personal strength, i hope he'll be fine...

capncnut
30-Nov-2006, 02:46 AM
I hope this guy makes a recovery soon. I admired him as a kid (even more than The Ultimate Warrior) and it would be a shame to lose such a charismatic performer.

Philly_SWAT
30-Nov-2006, 04:23 AM
I think that the way to cure Piper would be to smash a coconut upside his head......I'm sure that "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka would volunteer.......

Dtothe3
30-Nov-2006, 10:57 AM
Not one person who appeared on Pipers Pit failed to get stoved :D he was and is brilliant, great performer, please Roddy stay with us man :)

axlish
30-Nov-2006, 11:12 AM
I just bought his DVD set yesterday :( There were a few that were as good as him on the mic, but none better.

DVW5150
30-Nov-2006, 12:04 PM
Man , he really could kick some butt ... A great wrestler ...The fight scene in "They Live" was really good . He had a great line in it too . He walks into the bank and says , " I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$ , & I'm all out of bubble gum ." :skull: Speedy recovery to Mr Piper >

bassman
30-Nov-2006, 01:11 PM
He seems like a strong fella....he'll make it through.

"Lifes a bitch.....and she's back in heat"

deadpunk
30-Nov-2006, 02:03 PM
Mna..that blows...

Piper was indeed awesome in THEY LIVE.

Tricky
30-Nov-2006, 04:36 PM
Didnt Mr T kick the arse of that kind of cancer?it can be done!

MikePizzoff
30-Nov-2006, 04:52 PM
:( Man This Sucks!

raym
02-Dec-2006, 08:55 PM
I too wish him a speedy recovery!

He was my fav ^_^

And I think he's a great actor -- very fun to watch on screen!

scotty Boy
03-Dec-2006, 11:36 AM
I have my fingers crossed for him i am a huge fan of the 80' and 90's wwf and piper was for sure one of the most entertaining to watch! i wish him all the best