PDA

View Full Version : OK... This should interest some of you...

Neil
30-Nov-2006, 08:57 PM
Click here... (http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/diary_setvisit.html) :)

Moon Knight
30-Nov-2006, 09:50 PM
Good read, really looking forward to this flick. Long live the Horror genre! :D
Thanks for the info.

coma
30-Nov-2006, 10:22 PM
Very, very nice and Im very, very jelous:)
"Because it's so raw and because it's so much of George's vision going into it"
Sounds good. And the hospital scene sounds wicked

thxleo
30-Nov-2006, 10:40 PM
Thank you Neil for posting the report and I hope that everyone who reads it finds it enjoyable and informative. That was a great night in Toronto.

Lee

sirjacktorrance
01-Dec-2006, 10:55 AM
fewer zombies.... 1/5 of land budget... that donīt sounds very well for me.

i "think George has been very smart by keeping the script very contained and it's very doable for the money we have"

contained??mmmm...:rolleyes:

Monrozombi
03-Dec-2006, 02:08 PM
very awesome read, very jealous, but none the less glad to see things are going well for George up there in Toronto, he deserves it

Arcades057
05-Dec-2006, 03:12 AM
Lee, your honest, no BS opinion... If someone loved Dawn, Night, and Day, but hated Land, how will they react to this?

thxleo
05-Dec-2006, 04:19 AM
Lee, your honest, no BS opinion... If someone loved Dawn, Night, and Day, but hated Land, how will they react to this?

That is a good question. I honestly don't know. One part of me thinks that if you hated LOTD, then this one might let you down too. I say that because of Romero's work feeling different in his later years, more polished I guess? But Diary is very low budget and with his bad experience with Universal, who knows? Maybe this one will capture that old magic,because he is a little ticked with how Universal took alot of control away from him. Great question, wish I had a better answer for you.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Dec-2006, 11:10 AM
I am hoping that with the lower budget and more creative control DIary will supercede LAND. I hate the polsihed look in Romero's films. I think he works better in a more constrained and edgy fashion. I truly hope DIary doesn't come off looking like a $90 million dollar film... cause that is what LAND looked like and it didn't feel like a Romero film.

Danny
05-Dec-2006, 01:31 PM
but if it is as bad as land (which means it will be a masterpiece for some:p ) then do you think romero will throw in the towel with dead films?

bassman
05-Dec-2006, 01:36 PM
Nah....I don't think he'll cash in his chips if it's a "failure". Besides, isn't "Diary" intended to be the beginning of a new trilogy?

capncnut
05-Dec-2006, 05:01 PM
but if it is as bad as land (which means it will be a masterpiece for some:p ) then do you think romero will throw in the towel with dead films?

Well that all depends on whether Diary is a unit-shifting success or not. If it's the latter then I think he'll have no option but to go back to the original Dead series.

TerryAlexanderF
06-Dec-2006, 05:41 AM
"Michael even spills a little info on a major upcoming dvd release that he has gotten the rights to, but only in the U.K. So if you are not in England and you have been wishing for a special edition for a certain beloved Romero film, get a region free dvd player soon!"

Wouldn't happen to want to spill the beans to us? ;)

MikePizzoff
06-Dec-2006, 12:29 PM
Well written and a great read. Bravo, thxleo, ya lucky bastid!

slickwilly13
07-Dec-2006, 05:44 AM
Great read.

DVW5150
09-Dec-2006, 04:02 AM
I have always gone to movies with a clear mind ( have 420 available , it adds to the mood ) . Some choose to pre-concieve , assume subjectively and almost decide with out seeing a film whether or not they will "like " it ... If you pay attention to them , they can ruin it for you too . They are unwilling to accept something on its own merits , I believe we can all agree that GARs work deserves this ...From what I can tell ," this should be a dynomite show ."(fz):elol: Thanks for the read !!:skull:

capncnut
09-Dec-2006, 09:16 AM
"Michael even spills a little info on a major upcoming dvd release that he has gotten the rights to, but only in the U.K. So if you are not in England and you have been wishing for a special edition for a certain beloved Romero film, get a region free dvd player soon!"

Wouldn't happen to want to spill the beans to us? ;)

CREEPSHOW