PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who Do you feel is the best dead series actor? and why?

HLS
03-Dec-2006, 02:18 PM
The choices are:

1) Duane Jones
2) Ken Foree
3) Joe Pilato
4) Simon Baker

I say Ken Foree. I am not sure why I feel this. I think it was the bond he had with Roger and the scene where Peter comforted Roger and Roger swore he was going to try not to come back. It was so moving!
Crap. I think I put this in the wrong forum. :( Sorry!

capncnut
03-Dec-2006, 02:49 PM
Ooh where do I begin? I mean Duane was so melancholic in Night, Ken was so laid back and cool in Dawn, Joe Pilato was so comically agressive in Day and Simon Baker was so, erm, well I think I'd better let The Alive Man do the honours with that one. :D

I know this is blasphemy but I weighed up the characters in my mind carefully and unfortunately I had to go with the weakest actor of the bunch. Yup, Joe Pilato. I'm sorry Foree fans but Joe had the best dialogue of all the four movies and is more than deserved of the crown.

Kaos
03-Dec-2006, 02:52 PM
Moved the thread to the Dead Discussion forum.

DVW5150
03-Dec-2006, 02:53 PM
I think all the actors you have mentioned are awesome ...NOTLD '90: You forgot Tony Todd, he was really good . Patricia Tallman was great too.

EvilNed
03-Dec-2006, 03:30 PM
even though Simon Baker is supreme and divine, I voted for Ken. Why? Because Simon Baker is so obviously going to win, I had to give Ken some support!

Chaos
03-Dec-2006, 03:52 PM
Duane Jones, definitely! Joe Pilato coming in a close second.

1.) Duane Jones (RIP. I love ya, Ben!)
2.) Joe Pilato (He's running this monkey farm, Frankenstein!)
3.) Ken Foree (Wake up, sucker! We're thieves and we're bad guys! That's exactly what we are!)
4.) Simon Baker ( B O R I N G )

Philly_SWAT
03-Dec-2006, 03:56 PM
I voted for Ken Forhee for two reasons.
1) I assume that you actually meant Ken "Foree" and
2) He is my favorite character in any of Romero's Dead movies

But you did not ask "which actor gave the best performance in a GAR Dead film" but who is the best actor. I think that the best actor would be Tony Todd from Night'90. I know that isnt part of the four "of the Dead" movies, but GAR did write the screenplay, so he was associated with it. Actually, the question doesnt even ask about GAR's dead series, just dead series actor. Someone could say that dude from Children Shouldnt Play with Dead Things. But I knew what you meant, so I voted for Ken. Based on total body of work, I think Tony Todd gets the nod, if he was included in the list.

HLS
03-Dec-2006, 04:00 PM
LOL I got the spelling from another member of the forum! I may edit it now.:D

I voted for Ken Forhee for two reasons.
1) I assume that you actually meant Ken "Foree" and
2) He is my favorite character in any of Romero's Dead movies

But you did not ask "which actor gave the best performance in a GAR Dead film" but who is the best actor. I think that the best actor would be Tony Todd from Night'90. I know that isnt part of the four "of the Dead" movies, but GAR did write the screenplay, so he was associated with it. Actually, the question doesnt even ask about GAR's dead series, just dead series actor. Someone could say that dude from Children Shouldnt Play with Dead Things. But I knew what you meant, so I voted for Ken. Based on total body of work, I think Tony Todd gets the nod, if he was included in the list.

Danny
03-Dec-2006, 04:08 PM
ken foree is the ****!, hands down the coolest actor in the dead films and totally stole the show in dawn.

The Alive Man
03-Dec-2006, 04:18 PM
even though Simon Baker is supreme and divine, I voted for Ken. Why? Because Simon Baker is so obviously going to win, I had to give Ken some support!

Greatest reply ever.

I love this guy...

scotty Boy
03-Dec-2006, 04:33 PM
This poll was over before it started :lol: Mr Foree all the way

MaximusIncredulous
03-Dec-2006, 05:19 PM
I hadda go with ole Joe. He's crazy... but fun crazy. Is it me or does he look like Bono from the 80s U2?

coma
03-Dec-2006, 07:10 PM
I Like Scott Reininger (Roger). To me he is easily the best, but I voted for Duane Jones. Every line he delivers is real and he pops out of NOTLD as being by far the best. I like a lot of them equally.
So Hard to pick
Joe Pilato is totally over the top
Dr. Logan was great
Steele, Rikels
Tought Leguizamo was the best in Land
Every Principal in Dawn are great.
Simon Baker. Yeah,he....rocks?
He couldnt rate an infomercial:p

creepntom
03-Dec-2006, 07:17 PM
ken foree

he was just too cool for school

Neil
05-Dec-2006, 10:50 AM
Voted purely on the role/performance I most enjoyed... Joe's :)

TerryAlexanderF
06-Dec-2006, 05:36 AM
I'll go movie by movie...

NOTLD- I think it's clear that Duane Jones is the obvious choice for best actor. Harry Cooper was a little out there, Tom was my next favorite as far as characters go, I really liked the relationship portrayed between him and Judy. But I'd have to go with Ben.

Dawn of the Dead- Actually, I wouldnt' pick Ken Foree, not taking anything away from his great performance, but I think Scott was better overall. There are some lines where Peter over-emphasizes just a tad-bit and takes away from his character. Roger had strong performances all throughout the movie, especially in the complex in the beginning, and dealing with his death.

Day of the Dead- It would be a toss up for me between Liberty, Pilato, and Alexander. Liberty really does give off a vibe as if he is a real mad scientist who believes he's doing things for the greater good although they are very wrong (yet who's to say what's right and wrong in a zombie crisis?). Pilato although doing a very good job seemed to give it too much, I actually believe Gary Klarr was a more believable character, and much more playful. Alexander the philosopher really gave me a great feeling for his character (thus the title). I feel he fit the whole movie, and the score complimented his character very well (some of the background music and the end credits, when I think of that, I think Terry/John). I like his simplistic philosophy, it makes it seem as if things were that easy, although we know they're not.

Land- I'm a big fan of John Leguizamo, and have been since he starred in Carlito's Way back in the early 1990's. It would be hard for me to rate his performance in that above anyone else, but I suppose Simon Baker did put on a better performance in the movie.

NOTLD 90- I actually like Harry's character the best, he is really believable in his situation, acting as a tyranical family leader, yet deep down he cares about his daughter more than anything, willing to sacrifice his life, Ben's life, and even Patty/Barbara's life.

Dawn 04 (dare i say?)- I know this movie isn't looked upon to greatly by fans, but I think Ving Rhames had a stellar performance. I also though Andy was a kind of cool character, but other than that, the rest of the characters are somewhat...I guess, Flat?

OVERALL? I'd narrow it down to Scotty and Terry, and well, I can't go against Terry Alexander.

Brubaker
12-Dec-2006, 01:06 AM
You'd have a hard time finding another guy to play Rhodes the way that Joe Pilato did. Same with Ken Foree playing Peter. Many of the other characters in the four movies, to be quite honest, could have been convincingly played by other actors.