PDA

View Full Version : No Taxation without representation...!!

Terran
05-Dec-2006, 06:29 PM
That's because game publishers may well in the not-too-distant future have to send the forms--which individuals receive when earning nonemployee income from companies or institutions--to virtual-world players engaging in transactions for valuable items like Ultima Online castles, EverQuest weapons, or Second Life currency, even when those players don't convert the assets into cash.

So now If you do really well in online video games...be prepared to pay taxes on it!!...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162654.html

Khardis
05-Dec-2006, 06:32 PM
There is a lot of how to do over this, but I am pretty sure it will never happen.

Danny
05-Dec-2006, 06:39 PM
oh good lord:rolleyes:

i neednt say more.

MinionZombie
05-Dec-2006, 10:02 PM
I know, I read about that earlier today - the most retarded thing I've heard all week ... well, okay, it comes second to anything Labour have done this week.

How on earth could you ever possibly tax a virtual entity? That's like taxing you for watching too many Top Gear repeats, or being too L337 at Mortal Kombat and knowing all the special moves.

Some people are completely and utterly retarded, just because 7 million people have escaped the crushing depression of reality to play WoW (anyone in the UK seen the ads they're now running?), doesn't mean those in power can somehow slap us up for more money.

And I thought Xbox online subscriptions were bad...