PDA

View Full Version : The worst zombie movie EVER!

capncnut
08-Dec-2006, 01:54 PM
This poll has probably been done in the past and if so, I'm resurrecting it. Since I joined HPotD I have heard a lot of people criticising bad zombie movies and it seems a top 3 has emerged. Quite a simple one really, what's the worst zombie movie of all time? What movie deserves the brown Oscar?

bassman
08-Dec-2006, 01:57 PM
I haven't seen many of the cheaper ones that have been mentioned around here, but I know that my vote goes to "The Return of the Living Dead".:barf:

capncnut
08-Dec-2006, 02:27 PM
I went for Contagium. Man, that movie sucks ass! :barf:

ProfessorChaos
08-Dec-2006, 03:11 PM
I haven't seen Children of the Living Dead, but I've seen the other two. My vote is for Contagium. I highly doubt any movie ever made could get any worse than that steaming pile of walrus sh**.

The Alive Man
08-Dec-2006, 03:14 PM
I haven't seen Children of the Living Dead, but I've seen the other two. My vote is for Contagium. I highly doubt any movie ever made could get any worse than that steaming pile of walrus sh**.

Couldn't have said it better.:)

Adolf Kitler
08-Dec-2006, 04:36 PM
Haven't seen Contagium, and it looks like I should be thankful. Unfortunately, I have seen Children of the Living Dead, and it's reputation for ineptitude is richly deserved. Total doo doo ca-ca.

coma
08-Dec-2006, 04:43 PM
Picked COTLD. UGH
But really mine is Zombie 5 Killing Birds
though versus is bad too (no real story but not the worst)

Danny
08-Dec-2006, 07:40 PM
oh.good.god, dont bring up vampires vs zombies again, seriously, its one zone horror tonight!, watch it then youll understand, why would the director think "heres your motivation, the house is full of walking pusbags and you two girls suddenly feel horny, aaannnddd -lesbians!, duh i mean action!"

worst.zombie movie. ever.

coma
08-Dec-2006, 08:33 PM
oh.good.god, dont bring up vampires vs zombies again, seriously, its one zone horror tonight!, watch it then youll understand, why would the director think "heres your motivation, the house is full of walking pusbags and you two girls suddenly feel horny, aaannnddd -lesbians!, duh i mean action!"

worst.zombie movie. ever.
Actually, you make it sound pretty good:p

_liam_
08-Dec-2006, 08:42 PM
lol yeah, it's on tonight, ill probably watch it!

COTD by far. total crap, and i'll watch anything - i've seen "redneck zombies" about 10 times. although the opening bit with savini is almost excellent.

i saw a movie called "king of the zombies" about zombies being used in the great war that was pretty bad.

Danny
08-Dec-2006, 08:48 PM
redneck zombies wasnt that bad till the bit were the black guy went all "extra red guy taken to the surface by kirk in the origional star trek" type wacko. then it all whent to ****, with a pisspoor ending, but before that the hillbilly bits were funny ,and that salesman who i belive starred in resident evil 4 was creepy as hell:p

DEAD BEAT
08-Dec-2006, 09:11 PM
didnt we cover this shiiit a few weeks ago?

"presenting the horse shiit hall of fame":

1.raiders of the living dead

2.children of the living dead

3.dead and breakfast

4.contiguim

and the winner is......

also bassman is smoking crack saying return of the living dead is shiity!
that suckers a classic,its the only other cult classic out of romero's work!:elol:

ssbib
08-Dec-2006, 09:12 PM
I remember renting a film in Uni that had potential. It just dragged and dragged, I cant remember what it was called but it started to get good when the Zombies attacked, and then just when that happened the FILM FINISHED!!! I was well suprised.

MikePizzoff
08-Dec-2006, 09:16 PM
It hasn't come out yet and I haven't seen it, but my vote goes for....

Day 07

coma
08-Dec-2006, 10:16 PM
It hasn't come out yet and I haven't seen it, but my vote goes for....

Day 07
The power of second sight!
My friend,I predict..
Dogcrap

Kriswell would be proud :)

bassman
08-Dec-2006, 10:32 PM
that suckers a classic,its the only other cult classic out of romero's work!:elol:

So I'm on crack because I have my own opinion? Right.:rolleyes:

It's just one big cheese fest to me. There is hardly ANYTHING redemable about that film. This is my opinion....deal with it, homey.

DEAD BEAT
08-Dec-2006, 10:43 PM
Nothin' wrong with being high brotha!

i ain't mad at cha!;)

_liam_
08-Dec-2006, 10:54 PM

It's just one big cheese fest to me. There is hardly ANYTHING redemable about that film. This is my opinion....deal with it, homey.

that girl with the red hair has a fantastic arse.
there's a redeeming feature!

plus i like the way it's a horror film that uses punks & nerds as opposed to the usual preps/jocks. very cheesy though, can respect your dislike for it.

coma
08-Dec-2006, 11:24 PM

Whatabout the chick with the baldie?
That was awesome:)
Other than that, because they introduced "brains" it goes in the ass pile.:mad:
And get off the pipe, homeslice:p
Dont you know hats bad for you?

HLS
08-Dec-2006, 11:50 PM
I am sad you put children of the dead on the list but i had to vote for it for i have not seen the other two. I think the first 10 minutes of th emovie was great and from there on it went downhill fast. You should have included Hell of the Living Dead.

Shemp
09-Dec-2006, 04:59 AM
Has anyone else here seen this early 80's film? It was released on VHS back in the 80's, and has since faded into well-deserved obscurity. Still, of the dozens of zombie films I've seen (more of them bad than good, as we all know) it sticks in my mind for it's sheer incompetence and amateurishness on all conceivable levels. Bad acting, bad screenplay, poor sound and lighting. Someone else who has shared the experience please add your 2 cents.

TerryAlexanderF
09-Dec-2006, 06:57 AM
No one has talked about the attrocity that is Zombie Lake? It's frightening to know how bad it is.

capncnut
09-Dec-2006, 09:36 AM
I am sad you put children of the dead on the list but i had to vote for it for i have not seen the other two.

It had to go up there I'm afraid. After traipsing the forums and talking with peeps on chat, it was pretty obvious a top 3 was forming. I would rather have put Raiders Of The Damned up there instead of Children but I don't think Raiders takes itself too seriously enough to be included. Zombi 5 was also another contender.

No one has talked about the attrocity that is Zombie Lake? It's frightening to know how bad it is.

Maybe people don't want to talk about that turd sandwich. Perhaps it's best left as it is. Although I gotta say I'm quite amazed that Zombie Lake has so few votes, I thought it would be right up there with Craptagium!

thecoldwarrior
10-Dec-2006, 01:49 AM
I chose Contagium cuz even though I have not seen the other two, any movie that anyone puts out attached to GAR that is this bad is automatically 10x as bad!

Did someone say the L word?!?!?!?

Adolf Kitler
10-Dec-2006, 01:53 AM
"Alien Dead" and "Flesheater" were both pretty horrid.

Mutineer
10-Dec-2006, 06:21 AM
Next time offer us an option of Other

LAND of the DEAD is the worst zombie film ever.

The Alive Man
10-Dec-2006, 09:02 AM
Next time offer us an option of Other

LAND of the DEAD is the worst zombie film ever.

Funny post, played for laughs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :moon:

capncnut
11-Dec-2006, 12:04 AM
Mmm, so it appears COTLD could be the winner/loser. 12 hours left to vote.

slickwilly13
11-Dec-2006, 04:16 PM
I haven't seen either one of those three films. But I'll take everyone's word for it. Worst I have seen was Zombi 3. Not even a bag of dro could help me enjoy that movie.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Dec-2006, 04:32 PM
I didn't get to vote :(

However, I will add my 2 cents. Although in my opinion LAND was bad, it in no way can be compared or put on a list with Contagium, Zombie Lake and Children of the Living Dead.

Someone mentioned Hell of the Living Dead aka Virus aka Night of the Zombies. Although not great at least it had a coherent story. The films on that list neither had a coherent story or were in anyway entertaining. I was surprised however that House of the Dead was not on that list.

Paradigm
11-Dec-2006, 04:46 PM
Jesus Christ, has no-one ever seen filmmaking disaster "Curse of the Maya" - dubbed "Night of the Living Dead" here in the UK, a shocking marketing gimmick if you ask me - it is a truly woeful film, I mean I only enjoyed it because I could laugh wholeheartedly at it. Find and watch this gem if you can, it really is the lowest grade of film. (And yes, it is a zombie film of sorts...but it is muddled and pathetic)

DEAD BEAT
11-Dec-2006, 05:30 PM
Maybe people don't want to talk about that turd sandwich. Perhaps it's best left as it is. Although I gotta say I'm quite amazed that Zombie Lake has so few votes, I thought it would be right up there with Craptagium![/QUOTE]

zombie lake is one of those guilty pleasures that kinda grow on you after a few sitting's!

but after this weekend i have another turd "DEAD MEAT"!

DAM THAT SHIIIT BLOWS! I HAVE TO STOP HOPING THAT ANYONE WILL EVER PUT OUT A ZOMBIE FLICK TO EVER COMPARE OR PASS DAWN 78'
ITS COSTING ME MONEY!!!

THAT MOVIE STUNK WORSE THAN A BUTTHOLE IN AUGUST!!!
:mad:

Danny
11-Dec-2006, 05:56 PM
guys, trust me, you aint seen crap till youve seen vamps v zombs uwe boll couldnt do this bad, yes it sucks that much!!

Chaos
12-Dec-2006, 01:46 AM
Those zombie movies are bad but they're certainly not the worst.

Look at Garden of the Dead and Necropolis Awakened, for example.

My vote is: NONE OF THE ABOVE

dracenstein
12-Dec-2006, 07:43 PM
I haven't seen Contagium but I have seen Children, it would either be that or Zombie Holocaust.

capncnut
12-Dec-2006, 08:15 PM
Shoot, something tells me I should've set a longer time on the poll.

Eyebiter
17-Dec-2006, 06:59 PM
Voodo Dawn would be my vote
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100888/

EvilNed
17-Dec-2006, 08:03 PM
I watched Hell of the Living Dead the other day and I hate it outright. The movie made me feel sick, it was so bad.

18-Dec-2006, 08:47 PM
Eveyone's knocking on contaguim... yeah it sucked, but for me mostly because it had the DAYoftheDEAD2 header. Now that is bull****! BUT... it did have some halfway decent acting.

The worst acted movie for me would have to be the Dead Next Door, and all around ****tiest is of course the classic Return of The Living Dead.

I may have been gone for almost six years but we all still wish horrible torturous pain on that asshole John Russo, right?

bassman
19-Dec-2006, 11:48 AM
and all around ****tiest is of course the classic Return of The Living Dead.

Hah! Another that can partly agree with my opinions of "Return".

:)

DEAD BEAT
19-Dec-2006, 02:23 PM
Hah! Another that can partly agree with my opinions of "Return".

:)

dude their you go smokin' that glass diiick again!
:D

look it had some cheese in it, but believe me that there is a hell of alot more shiiiity films that i would pick b4 that one!;)

bassman
19-Dec-2006, 02:26 PM
dude their you go smokin' that glass diiick again!
:D

look it had some cheese in it, but believe me that there is a hell of alot more shiiiity films that i would pick b4 that one!;)

Well, I haven't seen most of the sh*tty films mentioned. So yeah....Return blows llamas for skittles.

Did I just say that?:rockbrow:

Chaos
20-Dec-2006, 01:24 AM
The Return of the Living Dead is a classic. Dan O'Bannon truely delivered one of the finest non-Romero zombie films to date with it.

The chemistry between Frank, Burt and Freddy makes the movie a rare gem in a stagnant genre.

capncnut
20-Dec-2006, 01:28 AM
The Return of the Living Dead is a classic. Dan O'Bannon truely delivered one of the finest non-Romero zombie films to date with it.

Damn straight.

Danny
20-Dec-2006, 02:35 AM
the second one was allright too, but not soemthing serious though, but still not the worst zombie film by any means.

coma
20-Dec-2006, 03:25 AM

The chemistry between Frank, Burt and Freddy makes the movie a rare gem in a stagnant genre.
I dont think its a classic, but its funny as hell and entertaining. Its a real nice slice of 80s style horro like Night of the Creeps (which I like waaay better).
Maybe it is a kind of classic cause you're right about the chemistry. Frank (The mortitan?) is great.

I really hate that it introduced that annoying Brains crap. I hated it back in the day and I hate it now.

Though there is no way that is is one of the worst zombie movies.

I think COTLD is one the worst period. I also think I am alone is thinking Savini is not exactly gifted in the acting department, to be very kind.

Danny
20-Dec-2006, 04:01 AM
I really hate that it introduced that annoying Brains crap. I hated it back in the day and I hate it now.

Though there is no way that is is one of the worst zombie movies.

same here, first time i saw it i burst out laughing.:rolleyes:

EvilNed
20-Dec-2006, 09:26 AM
same here, first time i saw it i burst out laughing.:rolleyes:

Kind of like the point.

coma
20-Dec-2006, 03:05 PM
Though back in the day ROTLD was like Dawn 04 in that you would have to say "the shoppingmall one" not the brains one.
Everytime you would expound on your love fot the classic, layered and sublime DOTD someone would say "you mean Braiiiiiins?, you love THAT?!?!"

Now it's "No, the old DOTD"

DEAD BEAT
20-Dec-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank You Guys On Thinking Return Is Somewhat Of A Classic!:)

I Just Cant Get Over How Shiiitty The Last Three Parts Were I Barely Dug The 2nd One,now We Just Need To School Bassman On That!
,and Your Right Coma Savini Sucks Big Sweaty Balls In Acting!:d

I Dont Get It He's Gifted In So Many Departments But Some How Is Missing The Acting Gene!:(

coma
20-Dec-2006, 04:34 PM
Thank You Guys On Thinking Return Is Somewhat Of A Classic!:)

I Just Cant Get Over How Shiiitty The Last Three Parts Were I Barely Dug The 2nd One,now We Just Need To School Bassman On That!

,and Your Right Coma Savini Sucks Big Sweaty Balls In Acting!:d

I Dont Get It He's Gifted In So Many Departments But Some How Is Missing The Acting Gene!:(
The 3nd ROTLD was a remake of the first, which was wierd.

So I am not alone in my non Savini hero worship. Apparently he's not very gifted in Social skills either. According to a lot of people, he is a total hard on in person. Though I would like to see another GAR zombie film with his effects.
He's like the schlock Tom Cruise. He always plays the same guy, right down to his clothes.

DeadJonas190
21-Dec-2006, 03:27 AM

Return of the Living Dead is not Romero's work... or do you mean related to Romero's work?

So I am not alone in my non Savini hero worship. Apparently he's not very gifted in Social skills either. According to a lot of people, he is a total hard on in person.

I have talked to Savini at quite a few conventions and he has always been a very cool person, never a jerk or anything of the sort. I have heard people say he is all of that and more, but in my own experiances with the man he has been extremely cool.

Anyway, my vote for worst zombie movie is House of the Dead 2. From the plot to the special effects (if you can call them that) it is a horrible attempt at a movie.

deadwrtr
21-Dec-2006, 03:30 AM
Ugh.

'nuff said.

coma
21-Dec-2006, 03:32 AM
I have talked to Savini at quite a few conventions and he has always been a very cool person, never a jerk or anything of the sort. I have heard people say he is all of that and more, but in my own experiances with the man he has been extremely cool.

Anyway, my vote for worst zombie movie is House of the Dead 2. From the plot to the special effects (if you can call them that) it is a horrible attempt at a movie.
Thats good to hear about Savini. I have heard nice things, but I have heard a lot of those smug and snotty stories too.

I couldnt make it through House if the Dead. Are you a masochist?:D