PDA

View Full Version : Suing Nintendo?

Andy
10-Dec-2006, 07:30 PM
Clicky (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4365&Itemid=2)

amazing what some people will try.

MikePizzoff
10-Dec-2006, 08:06 PM
Wow. That's farking lame/annoying.

Terran
10-Dec-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah I heard about this for a while....I just dont know if they can win....

There does seem to be a significant difference between Interlink’s patent and Nintendo’s design, however. Whereas Nintendo’s controller moves an on-screen cursor by moving the actual input device in 3D, Interlink’s patent describes a pointing mechanism that centers around a touch-sensitive pad and buttons, not the movement of the entire unit (“The multiple control elements are responsive to finger pressure to operate switch elements…”).

Still, the suit primarily takes issue with the trigger element that is shared between the two designs.

They seem to be literally sueing over just the trigger portion of the Wiimote....I wonder if the trigger was a different shape would they have bothered lol....

I believe the same company or related company sued both Microsoft and Sony over the rumble feature (or something else) in their controllers.... Microsoft settled out of court...Sony fought it and lost 50-80 million dollars I dont remember....It might have been bs but I dont feel like loooking it up at the moment...

capncnut
10-Dec-2006, 08:34 PM
This company will soon get their come-uppance. I mean, sueing over a rumble pad is one thing (apparently the actual rumble feature was owned by a dildo company :lol:) but the design of a trigger? How utterly petty and stupid.

Terran
10-Dec-2006, 10:02 PM
This company will soon get their come-uppance. I mean, sueing over a rumble pad is one thing (apparently the actual rumble feature was owned by a dildo company :lol:) but the design of a trigger? How utterly petty and stupid.

Im going to start patenting shapes.... I call circles!!

Maitreya
11-Dec-2006, 08:42 AM
rediculous...

But I want stars.

Danny
11-Dec-2006, 12:43 PM
i call squares

Rottedfreak
11-Dec-2006, 03:28 PM
Wii's a sellout and the big N is making millions and all of a sudden interlink sues them! i hope they win cos the big N is ripping us brits off with the Wii's £180 price.

Andy
11-Dec-2006, 05:46 PM
are you retarded? thats the cheapest of any console.. the 360 is selling for twice that! the PS3 is going to be 4 times that!.. :rockbrow:

Danny
11-Dec-2006, 05:51 PM
Wii's a sellout and the big N is making millions and all of a sudden interlink sues them! i hope they win cos the big N is ripping us brits off with the Wii's £180 price.

this is the most retarded post ive ever read on the internet.period.

capncnut
11-Dec-2006, 06:30 PM

BWAAAHAAA!!! :lol:

DeadJonas190
12-Dec-2006, 04:31 PM

Your joking right? The Wii is the best value on the market right now and who cares if a company is making millions on a great product. At least they aren't like Sony and making a crappy product and charging a lot for it.

MinionZombie
12-Dec-2006, 05:45 PM
At least they aren't like Sony and making a crappy product and charging a lot for it.

AND being really arrogant about it all in the process. The sheer self-chuffing that's come out of Sony's camp over the past couple of years has been astounding.

Danny
13-Dec-2006, 11:10 PM
Your joking right? The Wii is the best value on the market right now and who cares if a company is making millions on a great product. At least they aren't like Sony and making a crappy product and charging a lot for it.

COUGH-PSP-COUGH!

AND being really arrogant about it all in the process. The sheer self-chuffing that's come out of Sony's camp over the past couple of years has been astounding.

once again, as above;)

Rottedfreak
14-Dec-2006, 06:33 AM
Yanks are paying £125 - £130 for the exact same product and there's absolutely no reason for it to be £180 in Britain other then the fact they can do it and get away with it. It's greedy bastards exactly like them that are the cause of Britains culture of unhappiness. I am in no way defending sony or Microsoft's price points either, as their prices just dont match up.

Andy
14-Dec-2006, 08:59 AM
actually you'll find that extra £40-£50 is tax added by our crappy goverment and nintendo have no say over that.

MinionZombie
14-Dec-2006, 11:52 AM
Spot on there Andy, it's this friggin' gubment that makes everything so expensive, all this 17.5% tax on friggin' everything is completely retarded. It wouldn't be so bad if it was put to good use, but red tape and beaurocrats only set up to retain votes is not a good use of public money.

No wonder people buy abroad, no wonder the booze cruises are so popular.

Rottedfreak
14-Dec-2006, 03:48 PM
that still doesn't add up, it should only be around £150. It's funny but as I recall they managed to find a way to shave £40 off the Gamecube price before launch.

MinionZombie
14-Dec-2006, 04:55 PM
Even if the added tax doesn't make up all of the difference, just because it's priced at one level in America, doesn't mean the company must make it the same price (using exchange rates) in other countries. I don't believe there's any law - although there friggin' well should be, we're getting raped in the butt over tech prices here in the UK, it's stupid.

£127 it would cost roughly, if we were in America or had American prices and none of this VAT rubbish, and yet we're paying at least £180 ... *grumbles*