View Full Version : Hood of the Living Dead?

Brubaker
12-Dec-2006, 05:52 PM
While doing some Christmas shopping in a movie store, I managed to pick up a copy of Land of the Dead for my brother. I think he will like it. He has probably only seen Night of the Living Dead, if that, so it might be his first Romero zombie movie.

The store currently has a deal where you buy one movie and you get another one free. So I also picked up used copies of Hood of the Living Dead and Undead. I saw a separate thread on Undead, but what about Hood of the Living Dead? Sure, I can easily watch it but I was wondering what somebody else thought. I didn't see a specific thread, just minor references in much longer ones.

Chaos
14-Dec-2006, 08:35 PM
Hood of the Living Dead is pure, frothing $hit. It isn't even worth a rental. But if you really want to see it, just look for it on a premium cable channel during the night. I caught it on SHOWTIME BEYOND right after Psycho Cop Returns and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. That's one helluva a movie three pack, huh!?!

bassman
14-Dec-2006, 08:53 PM
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers.

I would pay to see that

:p

Oh well, Brubaker. You win some, you lose some I guess. I struck out hard when I bought "Return of the Living Dead". Ughh....I get the shakes just thinking about it.:barf:

Brubaker
17-Dec-2006, 07:32 PM
Hood of the Living Dead is pure, frothing $hit. It isn't even worth a rental. But if you really want to see it, just look for it on a premium cable channel during the night. I caught it on SHOWTIME BEYOND right after Psycho Cop Returns and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. That's one helluva a movie three pack, huh!?!

Too late. Like I said above, I bought it used from a video store as part of a buy one, get one free promotion. At least it was the "free" movie. I watched selective scenes, not the entire movie. It seems like there is hardly any zombie action. There are very few zombies at all and the outbreak is limited. I don't suppose the ending was a real surprise, though :rolleyes:

Tricky
20-Dec-2006, 05:26 PM
I heard hood of the living dead is gash,so i wont watch it as it will tarnish my appreciation of good zombie films! :p

coma
20-Dec-2006, 05:35 PM
How could you not tell just from the title?
has there ever been a decent movie with the word hood in the title (other than boyz in the hood)?

Tricky
20-Dec-2006, 05:40 PM
has there ever been a decent movie with the word hood in the title (other than boyz in the hood)?

And of course "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood" which is funny :lol:

coma
21-Dec-2006, 03:29 AM
And of course "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking your Juice in the Hood" which is funny :lol:
forgot that one! And it is funny

Brubaker
21-Dec-2006, 01:23 PM

I stand by my choice, the movie WAS free. Besides, some people like the various Robin Hood movies that have come out over the years.

Cody
25-Dec-2006, 07:14 AM
dont even stealing it. its thats bad