View Full Version : Worst place to hole up during Night

dracenstein
12-Dec-2006, 07:58 PM
Over the weekend, I was looking for a dvd to watch (chose Descent) but thought of this when I saw The Haunting.

The worst place to take shelter during a zombie infestation would have to be Hill House. Poor Eleanor, first the house would kill her '...and we who walk here, walk alone', then her body would reanimate!

Can you think of a worse place than a haunted house?

DEAD BEAT
12-Dec-2006, 08:40 PM
how about the amitiville house bro!

i think a possesed house would be worse than a haunted one!

number 2 choice would be in a public bathroom!:sneaky:

i'd rather get eaten than smell sombody's turd! :dead:

Adolf Kitler
13-Dec-2006, 12:19 AM
Worst house?

One of those houses with paper walls that are all the rage in asia.

After that, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's glass houses.

creepntom
13-Dec-2006, 02:40 AM
i would think a hospital would be a bad place, considering everyone who just died or is dying, would be there

coma
13-Dec-2006, 02:45 AM
A Treehouse.
Actually, that might be fun:)

Philly_SWAT
13-Dec-2006, 03:45 AM
The worst place to hole up would be a cave that becomes a corral for zombies by the scientists and military that take up residence in the office areas.

MaximusIncredulous
13-Dec-2006, 03:59 AM
Speaking of stink and desperation, a subway car trapped mid-tunnel would be pretty bad. I guess you could try to make your way out of the tunnels but that would be sorta like the cave scenes in Day and without guns. Creepy man :eek: and yucky.

Deadman_Deluxe
13-Dec-2006, 03:36 PM
How about your local KFC?

coma
13-Dec-2006, 04:13 PM
How about your local KFC?
Image the smell when the power goes of. UUUgh.
Plus you gotta hang out with the "employees"

Danny
13-Dec-2006, 11:48 PM
i dunno, a morgue maybe?

wyvern1096
14-Dec-2006, 12:30 AM
The Ocean Liner from "Ghost Ship".

Slain
14-Dec-2006, 01:59 AM
A maximum security prison (as an inmate) would seem to me like the worst possible place to be in a zombie outbreak. The guards would either bug out with all food & weapons, or they'd kick the inmates outside so they could turn the place into a fortress. If the guards bug out the cons will probably all kill each other. If the cons get kicked out they'll have to fight zombies & a trigger happy populous with nothing but they're little shivs.

capncnut
14-Dec-2006, 02:00 AM
i dunno, a morgue maybe?

I guess that would be the survey majority answer if the question were asked on Family Fortunes. :D

Danny
14-Dec-2006, 02:19 AM
come on man, no it wouldnt, how often do they get it right.

"er i dont know, uhh....a little chef"

"and our survey says..."

coma
14-Dec-2006, 04:02 AM
i dunno, a morgue maybe?
Damn, you beat me!
friggin ESP:mad::mad::mad:

Chaos
14-Dec-2006, 04:38 AM
Morningside funeral home or Resurrection cemetary.

Neil
14-Dec-2006, 12:02 PM
i would think a hospital would be a bad place, considering everyone who just died or is dying, would be there

Hospital?

Good points - Lots of medical supplies Typically excellent security facilities (eg: strong doors)! Plenty of food/water!

Bad points - Lots of people will be there (ie: injured)! Beds are generally uncomfortable!

bassman
14-Dec-2006, 04:49 PM
A hospital would be a bad place to be when the outbreak starts.

I would say that a traffic jam would be pretty bad too.

tkane18
14-Dec-2006, 04:53 PM
Anywhere with the in-laws would be the worst place!

Marie
14-Dec-2006, 06:54 PM
Morningside funeral home or Resurrection cemetary.

Actually, a cemetary might be ideal if there was no burials scheduled for the day the uprising started. I don't know about anyplace else, but here when they bury people their in a coffin, which is inside a liner, which may be inside a waterproof vault, under six feet of usually wet dirt.

Maybe if Houdini was a zombie there would be trouble, but noplace else.

M_

Chaos
14-Dec-2006, 08:21 PM
Actually, a cemetary might be ideal if there was no burials scheduled for the day the uprising started. I don't know about anyplace else, but here when they bury people their in a coffin, which is inside a liner, which may be inside a waterproof vault, under six feet of usually wet dirt.

Maybe if Houdini was a zombie there would be trouble, but noplace else.

M_

I was speaking of ONE particular cemetary, Resurrection cemetary. It was a direct reference to Dan O'Bannon's The Return of the Living Dead.

But your thoughts on cemetaries, however broad they may be, are duely noted.

Maitreya
15-Dec-2006, 06:44 AM
I'd have to say a tool shed... Unless of course it's equipped with a cricket bat and/or a shovel, in which case you'd be quite well off to fight an entire CITYFUL of zombies.

MinionZombie
15-Dec-2006, 06:53 PM
Bad points - Lots of people will be there (ie: injured)! Beds are generally uncomfortable!

And if you're aren't zombified you'll either catch MRSA and then become a zombie or you'll get red-tape-itis ... and then become a clerical zombie.

I always thought in Night of the Living Dead they should have hid in the attic (there must have been one, all houses have one). Drag the ladder up with you and your supplies, wait for help - bingo. If you need to visit nature, dangle Senoir Gooch over the open hole (aka Extreme Nature Visiting) and target some marauding zombies below.

Otherwise, anywhere with lots of windows and door, particularly windows that are accessible easily when just standing beside them (i.e. windows that aren't high up/barred).

I was recently watching All Souls Day (pretty bad to be honest), but I liked the idea of barred windows specifically there for a zombie outbreak.