PDA

View Full Version : Futurama to be coming back?

idsaluteyoubub
20-Mar-2006, 07:47 PM
http://billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2011

Read the second post on that thread...Billy West, who did voices for everyone and their mother on Futurama is saying that there is a 26 episode deal on the works...I sure hope so...since I think that this show was one of the most underrated shows on television.

People will hate me for saying this, but I think its better than Family Guy.

bassman
20-Mar-2006, 08:38 PM
This is strange, being that the last thing I heard about "Futurama" is that they have a 3-5 movie deal in the works.

Quite honestly, I would rather have a series of movies instead of a new season to just get cancelled again.

By the way, I enjoy both "Futurama" and "Family Guy". You can't compare them....they both stand on their own in the animated world. Although "FG" is the the one that got picked back up:shifty: ...

Adrenochrome
20-Mar-2006, 09:05 PM
....Although "FG" is the the one that got picked back up:shifty: ...

Maybe because Stewie beat up Bin Ladin with a rubber chicken.:D

I'm with you on the movie thing, bassman - I'd MUCH rather have the movies! Maybe we could get some Amy Wong nude seens!! woot woot!
http://home.earthlink.net/~mountfuturama/Amyportrait.jpg

heh hemmmm, sorry about that!

I was also starting to finally get into American Dad ... then it vanished; replaced with some geek show about a loser kid running around and getting into stupid situations. BUT! I see that the New American Dad eps start on April 23rd

bassman
20-Mar-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I wasn't into "American Dad" all that much. I did love the alien character and the German fish....funny stuff.

jdog
20-Mar-2006, 10:30 PM
sweet i love this show. and family guy to!

glsjaw
21-Mar-2006, 01:06 AM
just because there is an organized drinking game that revolves around Family Guy its got to rank up there with the king of all animated series
THE SIMPSONS

Eyebiter
21-Mar-2006, 02:00 AM
There was a retraction thread posted yesterday
http://billywest.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2020&PN=1

Pushead Jim
21-Mar-2006, 04:28 AM
i was really looking foward to amys nude scene

DeadJonas190
21-Mar-2006, 05:15 AM
I read it was picked back up a month or two ago in Dreamscape. I would love if it was back, but according to that last post from Billy West it won't be :(

MinionZombie
21-Mar-2006, 10:08 AM
Futurama is definately better than Family Guy - Futurama is also easily better than The Simpsons, which just sucks MAJOR beanbag now. I'd heard they were going to do some straight to DVD movies, but another season sounds awesome, it was utterly retarded to cancel that show.

FUTURAMA!!!!! :cool:

erisi236
21-Mar-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm with you on the movie thing, bassman - I'd MUCH rather have the movies! Maybe we could get some Amy Wong nude seens!! woot woot!
http://home.earthlink.net/~mountfuturama/Amyportrait.jpg

I don't know whats worse, that post or the fact that I agree with it. :lol:

MinionZombie
21-Mar-2006, 03:59 PM
Even though I'd still "do" Amy Wong, I'd rather "do" Leela ... despite the one eye thing. :D purile...but still an important issue.

MikePizzoff
21-Mar-2006, 04:26 PM
In my opinon - Family Guy is better.

Eyebiter
29-Jun-2006, 05:21 PM
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Futurama is back - 2008 on Comedy Central

http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/galleries/albums/240/476963958/Gifs_and_Smilies/bender_dance2_animate.gif

"Futurama" gets new life on Comedy Central By Andrew Wallenstein
Thu Jun 22, 11:36 PM ET

"Futurama" has a future.

Comedy Central has resurrected the former Fox animated series from "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening and David X. Cohen. At least 13 new episodes will be produced -- the first since the series' original run from 1999-2003.

The new batch is part of a deal the cable network made with 20th Century Fox Television last year to pick up syndicated rights to the existing "Futurama" library of 72 episodes. Comedy Central also had an option to air any new episodes produced.

New and old episodes will begin airing in 2008 on Comedy Central. Actors Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio have agreed to return as voices for "Futurama."

"We are thrilled that Matt Groening and 20th Century Fox Television have decided to produce new episodes of 'Futurama' and that Comedy Central will be the first to air them," said David Bernath, senior vice president for programming at the network.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience, and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library but something they've never seen as well."

"Futurama" isn't the first series to return to air after cancellation. The Fox animated series "Family Guy" returned to the network last year after getting a second wind on DVD and late-night cable.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060623/tv_nm/futurama_dc_1

bassman
29-Jun-2006, 05:35 PM
That's great news.

I knew "Family Guy" would start a trend of all these older shows getting picked up again....

OddDNA
29-Jun-2006, 06:24 PM
Futurama is definately better than Family Guy - Futurama is also easily better than The Simpsons, which just sucks MAJOR beanbag now. I'd heard they were going to do some straight to DVD movies, but another season sounds awesome, it was utterly retarded to cancel that show.

FUTURAMA!!!!!

I dont know how to quote you MZ but that nonsensicle remark was made by you....how in gods name?

(PS yeah the Simpsons are running low on ideas after 5000 or so episodes :)

Cody
29-Jun-2006, 09:01 PM
both shows are addictive, family guy is more funny, futurama is just flippin awesome

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2006, 09:22 PM
But Futurama IS better than Family Guy - FG is complete and utter ass now, the first half of season 4 (and the seasons that came before) were hilarious, but the second half of season 4 (the most recent shows) has been total and utter turd.

The Simpson's has been going steadily downhill since reaching double-figured seasons, especially after say season 13 or 14. Futurama on the other hand is on one hand incredibly intelligent, on another has plenty of purile humour, the scope of the show is much wider and allows for many more stories.

So bollocks is my opinion "nonsensicle" as you put it, it's just that - my opinion, single-digit Simpson's were legendary and most likely could pip Futurama at the post, but these days The Simpson's is embarrassing ... and very sad to watch most times. The recent season 17 episode regarding "creationism" was classic Simpson's and was excellent, but one episode out of a 22, shocking. :cool:

I'm sure there's plenty who'll agree with me, plenty who'll agree with The Simpson's camp and plenty who'll agree with the Family Guy camp.

coma
29-Jun-2006, 09:23 PM
I am ambivalent about family guy. Dont like its clone american dad, but I love futurama
Comedy Cental oreders 13 new episodes
http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=10248

ost of those other links were too old

and...uh...
Yay.

The fry's dog episode was the best one