PDA

View Full Version : Wii breaks Aussie sales records

Terran
14-Dec-2006, 11:04 AM
Everywhere the Wii goes it totally owns!...

Wii breaks Aussie sales records
More than 30,000 Wiis scooped up in first four days since launch; becomes fastest-selling console in Australian history.
By Randolph Ramsay, GameSpot AU
Posted Dec 13, 2006 8:34 pm ET
As the Wii's list of impressive global launch numbers continue to trickle in, figures just in from the Australian launch are equally impressive. According to data trackers GfK Australia, Nintendo's new console has become the fastest-selling piece of game hardware in the nation's history.

GfK stats show that Nintendo sold 32,901 Wiis in the first four days since its launch on December 7--a new record for both console and portable game units. The Wii takes the title of fastest-seller from the Xbox 360, which sold 30,421 units sold in its first four days of availability. Before the 360, Sony's PSP was king with 27,055 units sold in the first four days. Such was the Wii's dominance in its launch week that it accounted for 43 percent of all game hardware sales in Australia.

GfK senior account manager Daniel Morse said the Wii had an attach rate of 1.5--attach rates describe the average number of games purchased per console. "New consoles generally get an attach rate of 1.5 to 2, but you have to take into account that the Wii was bundled with a game," Morse says. The Wii's bundled game--Wii Sports--was not included in the attach rate figures.

The Australian figures follow similarly impressive Wii debuts in other countries. In the US, gamers bought 600,000 Wiis in the first eight days after launch, while Japanese gamers scooped up 372,000 units in just two days. In Britain, 50,000 Wiis were sold in the console's first 12 hours of sale.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163120.html

MinionZombie
14-Dec-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm pleased that the Wii is doing well. Nintendo has stuck around through innovation and doing what the others aren't doing, so I've gotta give them props and respect for that.

While I'm a bit more Western in my gaming (if I had the cash, I'd get a 360), I have to say the Wii looks rather fun for certain games.

Every additional 360 and Wii is another poke in Sony's arrogant-arse eyeball, noiiice. :thumbsup:

Danny
14-Dec-2006, 05:57 PM
im beginning to think terran is shigsy in desguise:shifty:

Terran
14-Dec-2006, 07:19 PM
shigsy?

capncnut
14-Dec-2006, 07:47 PM
I do believe Hellsing is referring to this person. :rolleyes:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~culttv/toshiyuki.jpg

Danny
14-Dec-2006, 08:13 PM
nah miyamoto, though you cant beat a good monkey reference:thumbsup:

Chaos
14-Dec-2006, 09:40 PM
I was reading somewhere that the Wii is the fastest selling console in the UK too.

Terran
14-Dec-2006, 10:06 PM
I was reading somewhere that the Wii is the fastest selling console in the UK too.

Yeah I posted about the UK release somewhere around this game forum....(I got the Wii fever :D ) ....

I wonder when and if all this fantastic news for nintendo will cause 3rd party developers to begin Wii specific projects.... *crosses fingers*

Chaos
14-Dec-2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah I posted about the UK release somewhere around this game forum....(I got the Wii fever :D ) ....

I wonder when and if all this fantastic news for nintendo will cause 3rd party developers to begin Wii specific projects.... *crosses fingers*

Wii fever is definitely contagious! Nintendo might very well regain their rightful place at number one!

Danny
14-Dec-2006, 10:51 PM
heres hoping, though i would still like to see the xbox franchis continue cus there like 2 sides of the same coin, there both great consoles, but for different reasons, ones more "play on your own", be it in single player or on live and the other is more of a party type console.

capncnut
15-Dec-2006, 01:53 AM
heres hoping, though i would still like to see the xbox franchis continue cus there like 2 sides of the same coin, there both great consoles, but for different reasons.

Damn straight. I mean I LOVE my Wii, she's beautiful. Unfortunately she 'aint a fraction of the muscle my 360 is. It's about time that console got some recognition goddammit!

dmbfanintn
18-Dec-2006, 09:21 PM
I have to say, I love the wii too! We waited in line for 15 hours and I was the 4th person at our Wal Mart to get one! There were only 15 available!

It certainly isn't like anything else you have ever played!

Terran
18-Dec-2006, 09:50 PM
I have to say, I love the wii too! We waited in line for 15 hours and I was the 4th person at our Wal Mart to get one! There were only 15 available!

It certainly isn't like anything else you have ever played!

What games you sporting on the system...:D

the Wii is awsome!!